Sign in to follow this  
TMAC

45, 43, 39, 37, 37, 35, 33, 27, 27, 25, 23, 22, 18

Just now, chirorob said:

How would making an interim HC make the Jets more or less appealing?

If they hire a proper HC, with all their pics, it can turn around.  

It would show that the Jets are capable of making a correct decision and are not and absolute train wreck of an organization. If it results in Darnold not getting hit as much through either better protection schemes or properly teaching Darnold how to recognize a blitz and execute a hot read (I have no idea if he can), it show the Jets as an organization care about the well-being of their QB.

It is NOT about the team. It is NOT about winning or losing. It is about the organization, which is currently viewed as the gang that can't shoot straight. They need to change that narrative. Doing something now, rather than forcing their players to play for a clearly incompetent HC, helps change the narrative. 

Your way -- waiting -- could work, BUT it would have to be a pretty special hire of a HC to change what is becoming a rock solid narrative.

13 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Realistically, what options does Trevor have?  You either: 1) stay in school for another year at great economic risk; 2) or don't play professional football.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Realistically, what options do the Jets have if Lawrence says he will not play for the Jets? After drafting a player who outright refused to play for them they either 1) watch him sit out and be true to his statement; 2) watch him pout and complain his way through camp to shoot his way out of Dodge (see e.g. Jamal Adams); or 3) trade him for far less than you'd get for the pick because teams now know you have no other choice but to trade him. 

The Jets need to send a "plant" reporter to a Clemson press conference and have them ask Lawrence if he'd play for the Jets if they finish 0-16 and draft him.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Why? 

We will find out after the college season when he hires an agent. On the off chance that he refuses to play for the Jets we can trade the pick for a boatload of picks to move down 1 spot and take Fields. 

I guess to stop the rampant speculation. But, your way works too.

17 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

If we're sitting at #1, TL's team literally will have input into Gase's replacement.  He'd be here...

And if I’m the #1 pick and the team is asking ME who to hire as HC, I’m running away, far away.

12 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

So you're the Johnsons, you've just been thru a humiliating 0-16 run, you've just fired Gase and the whole staff, TL is undeclared for the draft. and you're NOT going to send out feelers to TL's camp about your HC short list?  C'mon...

Do we ask them who we should pick in the draft too?

47 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Dude...  If you don't think CJ's selection of the next HC of the NYJ isn't going to play into the calculus of Team Trevor's decision to stay in school or declare, then, whatever...

His soon to be agent, likely CAA, may request to be consulted to have a kind of veto power over the coach hire, but if you think the Agency is going to stick their necks out and say they want a certain coach (and risk it blowing up in their face), then whatever... 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Nonsense. You keep Gase on and at the two minute warning of the 4th quarter of the last game of the year, and behind 45-6, CJ calls security and they usher Gase off the field. On the scoreboard, it reads: “Gase has just been fired immediately. GW has been named interim HC and will be fired as well after the game. A new HC search is underway immediately for our new FQB Trevor Lawrence. See you all next year.  Go Jets!!!”  

New FQB? Who was the old one?

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company