Jump to content
Jetster

Murray move by Cards blueprint for Jets

Recommended Posts

Jets need to follow the lead shown by the Arizona Cardinals, cut bait in this new NFL & move on quickly to remedy losing culture. 
With the draft picks JD has amassed, cap dollars in waiting & Trevor Lawrence the grand prize, let’s pray that we take this tank right through the season. 
Sams not the answer, maybe for some team, he’ll have his Vinnie Testeverde moment but he’s just not smart enough to ad Lib with the speed of the NFL. 
If you told me that Buffalo could hold Darnold & the offense to 4 total yards in the 2nd half, I’d have put my home on that bet (anyone would), even though it was the lowly Jets. 
Just try to imagine a Bet posted on the board in Las Vegas, actual odds on holding ANY NFL team under 4 yards or less what side those bets would be on. 
I would venture to say that if Trevor Lawrence, without ever practicing with the Jets by drawing plays with his finger in the huddle would surpass 4 yards total! 
Sam Darnold is the new David Carr, another QB ruined by the likes of Mike Maccagnon, but let’s face it, Sam is his own worst enemy.
Ssm Darnold can’t see the field, and he can’t make quick decisions! 1st half Mims was wide open & he was way late letting go of the ball! His pick up 10-3 was inexcusable, thrown late into triple coverage. He had 3 picks & easily could have been 4 when he threw a ball directly to a Bill that dropped it.
The Cardinals showed the blueprint, dumping Rosen & the Coaching staff & bringing in Kingsbury & drafting Murray. 
Joe Douglas TAKE NOTE! 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would they have gone all-in on Murray had they not hired Kingsbury? 

 

The coach is the most important hire. Most good QBs thrive on support and continuity from their coaching staff. 

A good QB with a mediocre coach is almost guaranteed to under-perform. Unless that QB is peyton manning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Would they have gone all-in on Murray had they not hired Kingsbury? 

 

The coach is the most important hire. Most good QBs thrive on support and continuity from their coaching staff. 

A good QB with a mediocre coach is almost guaranteed to under-perform. Unless that QB is peyton manning. 

If we have the 1st pick in the draft we’ll get a capable coach. 
Funny how Pete Carroll a DC (His defense is #32) & Brian Shottenheimer, a guy that Jet fans LOATHED are all of sudden BRILLIANT! 
It’s RUSSELL WILSON!!!! 
Great QBs are GREAT!!!

Bill Belichick pre Brady (under 500), Belichick after Brady? (Under 500). 

Mike McCarthy with Rogers. Mike McCarthy without a QB? 

Always upgrade your QB if possible. This year it just may be possible! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Would they have gone all-in on Murray had they not hired Kingsbury? 

 

The coach is the most important hire. Most good QBs thrive on support and continuity from their coaching staff. 

A good QB with a mediocre coach is almost guaranteed to under-perform. Unless that QB is peyton manning. 

That's an interesting question. I had the impression they wanted Kingsbury precisely because their intention was to also get Murray and they were the right match together. Chicken or Egg. 

You hope if we decide to call the Keim play this Spring, we make the right hire at HC that can make the most of Lawrence/Fields or has a serious recovery plan for Sam if we by some miracle aren't in the QB draft zone. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting to think that, had the Jets hired Kingsbury, Murray would possibly be our starting QB right now.

I doubt any other team would have taken him at 1 or 2, leaving him for the Jets at 3.

Would KK have had the juice to compel the Jets to pick Murray, like he did in Arizona? That's the big question.

I doubt Mac would have been keen to draft Murray the year after picking Sam, and I'm not sure KK would have been able to force the move like he did with the Cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Murray could also show the blue print for why a team could consider Fields over Lawrence.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Interesting to think that, had the Jets hired Kingsbury, Murray would possibly be our starting QB right now.

I doubt any other team would have taken him at 1 or 2, leaving him for the Jets at 3.

Would KK have had the juice to compel the Jets to pick Murray, like he did in Arizona? That's the big question.

I doubt Mac would have been keen to draft Murray the year after picking Sam, and I'm not sure KK would have been able to force the move like he did with the Cards.

Wrong year - Murrray was drafted in 2019. They werern't going to cut bait with Darnold after 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kingsbury is interesting in that he may be a better NFL coach than college coach.  He does not come off as the type of guy to go into homes to recruit HS kids and socialize with boosters.  The pro game seems like a much better fit for him.  He's the guy we really missed out on.  I can see him moving Darnold out of the pocket, letting him run, properly utilizing Bell, dealing with the NY media appropriately, being a draw for FAs, etc.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Wrong year - Murrray was drafted in 2019. They werern't going to cut bait with Darnold after 2019

Yeah, I know he was drafted in 2019 when we had the 3rd pick (and used it on Quinnen).

Kingsbury came in to Arizona and compelled them to ditch their high first round QB from the previous year's draft (Rosen) after just one season. The question is, had KK been hired by the Jets. would he have pulled a similar move with Sam.

I doubt he would have had the juice to over-rule Mac (who was still firmly entrenched as GM at that point) to pick Murray and move Sam out, like he did with Rosen in Arizona.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Kingsbury is interesting in that he may be a better NFL coach than college coach.  He does not come off as the type of guy to go into homes to recruit HS kids and socialize with boosters.  The pro game seems like a much better fit for him.  He's the guy we really missed out on.  I can see him moving Darnold out of the pocket, letting him run, properly utilizing Bell, dealing with the NY media appropriately, being a draw for FAs, etc.

Supposedly Kingsbury wanted to be on the west coast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...