Philc1

Trade Sam to the Cowboys for a first round pick

Just now, Scoop24 said:

If there offering there first im all in .

The cowboys are a win now team without a Qb.  Jerry wants to win now and the nfc East is so bad they actually still have a shot

• Upvote 1

I seriously doubt we can get a 1st from Dallas. 

But with their current situation, I could see us getting a 2nd in this case.

• Upvote 1

sam is not worth more than a third which the jets would waste as they always do

if the cowboys were smart they would get winston

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Winston? Darnold is so much younger, has a fifth year option, has more upside and McCarthy took a liking to Sam’s 2018 rookie tape because it reminded him of someone. 

Darnold isn’t a bad option for Dallas if they don’t want to re-sign Dak but that’s only if Darnold was to perform decently for them.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

As much as I want two 2s from the Colts, they have two third round picks this year,  so we may have to settle for a 2 and a 3 (2021).

Dallas is on course to land a top-5 draft pick, not sure they’d part with that for Sam. 

• Upvote 1

They currently have the 8th pick in draft. If they’re offering that for Sam then sure sign us up for that trade lol

I don't want to tank.  I don't want to see Flacco or Darnold under center.  Get anything we can for either one of these two schlubs.  Capt. Morgan or Mike White please.

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Give me a 2nd and Gallup and its a deal

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Winston? Darnold is so much younger, has a fifth year option, has more upside and McCarthy took a liking to Sam’s 2018 rookie tape because it reminded him of someone. 

Darnold isn’t a bad option for Dallas if they don’t want to re-sign Dak but that’s only if Darnold was to perform decently for them.

Ofcourse.  Dalton was beyond putrid last week against the cardinals and now has a concussion problem.  They not only lack a QB this year where is their QB coming from next season?  Kaepernick?

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Take that in a heartbeat 

• Upvote 1

Cowboys fans still drolling over their three wide receivers and not caring about the rest of the roster? Probably not. Darnold for Cee Dee Lamb straight up. 

I mean that first round pick is a top 10 pick. If they offered that I’d make the trade regardless of whether we’re going to have the #1 pick and draft Trevor or not

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Cowboys fans still drolling over their three wide receivers and not caring about the rest of the roster? Probably not. Darnold for Cee Dee Lamb straight up. 

E60807EE-7EF2-41C0-8373-25A230786AD8.jpeg.1678b6765411fd38a42631df22645134.jpeg

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I mean that first round pick is a top 10 pick. If they offered that I’d make the trade regardless of whether we’re going to have the #1 pick and draft Trevor or not

We still need to draft a WR high even if Mims pans out which I think he will

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

sh*t I’d take Michael Gallup and a 3rd or 4th. I sh*t you not on that one. I really would. Darnold’s value probably isn’t so high anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Cowboys are now in the hunt for Sunshine, Fields and Lance. They aren't trading a top 10 pick for Sam. lol

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Everyone knows Gase is QB AIDS

Is that true though? Let's put Peyton Manning aside. Tannehill performed competently under Gase and Cutler had his best year under him. That's it. Those 3 guys + Darnold are who Gase has worked with as OC or HC.

Sam.

Is.

Not.

Getting. 

Traded.

Before. 

We.

Have. 

Secured.

The. 

First.

Pick.

In.

The.

Draft.

AND.

Trevor.

Lawrence. 

Declares. 

... end of story. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

1. The full on tank for Trevor is on

2. Cowboys absolutely need a qb.

3. Cowboys would essentially be getting Sam on a cheap 2 year deal.  They can see if he’s the real deal for them playing with a better OL, WRs and coaching staff until Dak is ready to return in 2 years

4. Jets get a 1st to draft a WR like Jamar Chase to pair with Trevor Lawrence or a Justin Fields 

5. Everyone wins

Why should they do all that when it’s easier for them to tank for the first overall pick?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We still need to draft a WR high even if Mims pans out which I think he will

If somehow we came out with the #1 pick regardless and took Trevor / Jaylon Waddle in the top 10, that’s a bigtime talent jump on offense

If they offered a 1st then Joe D needs to get on his knees for Jerry and Jr. both to make sure the deal goes through

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

If somehow we came out with the #1 pick regardless and took Trevor / Jaylon Waddle in the top 10, that’s a bigtime talent jump on offense

Waddle just tore his ACL, I’m good on that. Now Devonte Smith is a different story. 

he was the better WR from Bama before Waddles injury. I’d be inclined to put him over Chase. His separation skills and awareness as a route runner is NFL level.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The Cowboys could win their division at 4-12 and lose in the first round of wild card weekend. That means their draft pick will drop to at least 19 - even though it should be much higher than that.

• Thumb Down 1

A 2nd round pick from Dallas is in the high 30s/low 40s range, so that would be great value. I don't see it happening though

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Waddle just tore his ACL, I’m good on that. Now Devonte Smith is a different story. 

he was the better WR from Bama before Waddles injury. I’d be inclined to put him over Chase. His separation skills and awareness as a route runner is NFL level.

He didn't tear his ACL, he broke his ankle.

Waddle is going to be a stud, IMO. Would prefer him over Smith who isn't all that athletic.

Only if Jerry is senile.

Where are Dallas going this year even if Sam is what they would want him to be?

Why on earth would the Cowboys give up a first round pick for Sam Darnold?

They're either going to bring back Dak or, frankly, draft a QB. Their pick is going to be very high. Trading for Darnold makes zero sense for them whatsoever.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He didn't tear his ACL, he broke his ankle.

Waddle is going to be a stud, IMO. Would prefer him over Smith who isn't all that athletic.

Waddle is John Ross to me. I’m super weary of speedy guys without an elite trait to track the ball while it’s in the air.

Devonte Smith is also athletic enough imo.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

Fitzmagik seems like he could do it! 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

1. The full on tank for Trevor is on

2. Cowboys absolutely need a qb.

3. Cowboys would essentially be getting Sam on a cheap 2 year deal.  They can see if he’s the real deal for them playing with a better OL, WRs and coaching staff until Dak is ready to return in 2 years

4. Jets get a 1st to draft a WR like Jamar Chase to pair with Trevor Lawrence or a Justin Fields 

5. Everyone wins

Really can't till we draft Trevor. We do and then don't get Trevor or any QB in the draft that is a good prospect and we are set back for a long time.