CJ looks pretty happy with Gase

AFJF

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Do you people want Trevor Lawrence or don’t you?

Adam Gase got rid of Maccagnan, Joe Benigno, revoked Mehta’s credentials, and is marching us straight towards the best QB prospect since at least Peyton Manning.

Trust the process...and then proceed to launch his ass into orbit come early January.

You can handle 9 more weeks of sh*t sandwich being shoved down your gullet if it leads to 15 straight years of delicious filet mignon.

Yes watching Trevor play for the Giants when he pulls an Eli.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Michael hugged Fredo right before he went fishing.

Yeah, but that was a death hug.  That hug was not loving and gentle.  

Can you describe the type of greeting that Chris Johnson gave Gase?  Was it loving and gentle? Or was it aggressive and angry?

Body language is very important and the most important type of communication.  You can hug someone but not in a nice way.  Do you know if Mr. Johnson had a few drinks before the greeting? Perhaps alcohol entered into the emotional state of Chris Johnson in his greeting of Gase?

• WTF? 2

2 minutes ago, Alka said:

Yeah, but that was a death hug.  That hug was not loving and gentle.  

Can you describe the type of greeting that Chris Johnson gave Gase?  Was it loving and gentle? Or was it aggressive and angry?

Body language is very important and the most important type of communication.  You can hug someone but not in a nice way.  Do you know if Mr. Johnson had a few drinks before the greeting? Perhaps alcohol entered into the emotional state of Chris Johnson in his greeting of Gase?

al pacino GIF by elCinema.com

• Haha 3

This plan does not work for Gase when Lawrence says that he will not play for the Jets, and everyone involved thinks that is reasonable.

If the Jets fix themselves, it is harder for Lawrence to argue that.  

It did work for Eli.  Elway and BoJax were difference examples because they could play baseball.  Peyton stayed in school. Lawrence should not do that. 

I think there are going to be a lot of theories about how this will play out as the Jets continue down their winless road.  One case I could make is that IF the Jets do not end up with a Top 1 or 2 pick, Gase might actually end up staying for the 2021 season joined with Darnold at the hip.  The approach in that case would be to continue trying to reload talent and possibly for Douglas to accumulate 2022 Draft picks in case he wants to go for a QB early in THAT Draft.  But if the tank works and the Jets end up with the #1 overall pick then that makes it much more enticing to a HC candidate and the Jets would fire Gase.

In other words, I think there's a decent chance Gase actually coaches here in 2021....maybe 30-40%.  But only if they don't have a Top draft pick.  If the Jets will pivot off Darnold to go with Lawrence or Fields I'd think they'd use that as the carrot to attract a new HC.

Does that make any sense? lol

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I think there are going to be a lot of theories about how this will play out as the Jets continue down their winless road.  One case I could make is that IF the Jets do not end up with a Top 1 or 2 pick, Gase might actually end up staying for the 2021 season joined with Darnold at the hip.  The approach in that case would be to continue trying to reload talent and possibly for Douglas to accumulate 2022 Draft picks in case he wants to go for a QB early in THAT Draft.  But if the tank works and the Jets end up with the #1 overall pick then that makes it much more enticing to a HC candidate and the Jets would fire Gase.

In other words, I think there's a decent chance Gase actually coaches here in 2021....maybe 30-40%.  But only if they don't have a Top draft pick.  If the Jets will pivot off Darnold to go with Lawrence or Fields I'd think they'd use that as the carrot to attract a new HC.

It makes sense but I think Gase has become such a pariah in the fanbase's eyes that he needs to go on a shocking run to keep his job. He probably has to win 4-5 games in the second half of the season, at a minimum, IMO.

And that just doesn't seem possible with this schedule and this team. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

It makes sense except the last time we had the consensus best QB in the draft all it allowed us to attract was Adam Gase, hardly a fan favorite.  This franchise has a stigma among coordinators, coaches, and their agents, it shouldn't be a surprise.  Hell, the only reason Parcells came here was to stick it to a division rival he felt slighted him, otherwise he never lands in New York either.

Perhaps its time to see what's going on in the league.  Great young quarterbacks are just exploding.  With no preseason and limited camps, the likes of Burrow and Herbert are playing great because they are great, it has very little to do with coaching.  Hall Of Fame head coach Bill Belichick can't get wins out of ex-MVP Cam Newton.  What, did he lose his genius all of a sudden?  Josh McDaniels suddenly can't whisper?  No.  Bad quarterbacks are just bad, they don't develop.  And coaches turn 'great' because they get lucky and get the good quarterbacks.

Point is, we can have our cake and eat it too.  We can keep our established head coach who actually wants to be here and is rebuilding our franchise brick-by-brick and have the Lawrence stud.  They aren't mutually exclusive.  Today's NCAA quarterbacks play in a pro offense and are ready right out of the box.  Gase was great for Manning, he'll be great again if Lawrence is what he's supposed to be.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

On 10/26/2020 at 5:04 PM, jgb said:

Chris Johnson can't change the brand of toilet paper in MetLife without a signed permission slip from London.

Woody wants to be the hero to ride back into town and put a bullet in Mad Dog Gase.

Perhaps as soon as next Wednesday morning.  

• Sympathy 1