Becton highlights

thshadow

All I know is that after every run play, I'm like how was Becton's block.  Wait, where is he.  Him and his man are never on the screen.  I have to rewind to make sure he's still in the game!

He takes "the best thing about an olinement is not knowing he's there" to a different level.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, HtownJet said:

If the Jets manage to win a couple games and lose out on TL, Imagine Penei Sewell playing on the same line with Becton. They’re pretty much very similar players...Instant O line super unit!

I think Sewell is 6’6 330, so you have that on one side and 6’7 360 on the other side.

pretty scary - but I think Darnold has made it impossible to go that route. In fact, if we have the #2 pick, you have to dig deep on Justin Fields.

• Upvote 1

Game looks so easy for him to the point that even his mistakes look like they'll be aberrations. Just a matter of this kid staying focused and he's going to be an all-pro. To be doing this a rookie is just astonishing.

Thank you so much Gettleman for taking the human turnstile that is Andrew Thomas. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

This time the ACTUAL best player in the draft fell to the Jets.   

Becton is beautiful. So many posters on here leading up to the draft were so high on him. Rarely have I seen JN so united on a prospect.

That said, funny how all of JD’s poor personnel decisions over the last 20 months get washed away by the Big Macc memes crowd because he had the wherewithal to take the biggest can’t miss guy in the draft. I’m cautiously optimistic about him but next we’ll be seeing “Exec of the year” posts by the same crowd, not having learned their lesson from last time. 

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I’m sure he will, need to get him as many reps as possible.  That could be one less need for next season. 

This is way too optimistic considering who we are talking about, but if Clark can play RG and Edoga could stay healthy and replace Fant, we could have our starting OL set for awhile. Could still draft a C if one was there, and move McGovern to the other G.