Jump to content
Alka

Why does the offensive line still stink? Except Becton

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, DarnoldHomer said:

20th out of 32 teams is good???? 

Again:  Learn how to use the quote function.  It’s as simple as clicking a button.

20th is a few off middle of the pack.  When you factor in that Darnold and Flacco have been responsible for more than a handful of sacks by themselves, yes it is good.  I’m not going to say this again.  When graded on their win-loss rates and other statistics, in pass protection, 4 of the 5 starting offensive lineman are labeled as “ABOVE AVERAGE STARTERS.”  One of them (Becton) has been “Elite”.

Burrow is dealing with far worse up front and he is thriving.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Building a quality line takes time and you have to invest a lot of picks into it.  It looks like Douglas likes to buy low risk players with high upside.  Interesting philosophy but it's better than Coffee Brain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DarnoldHomer said:

Aj Green has 9200 career yards and 63 TDs

Jamison Crowder has 3000 yards and 22 TDs 

AJ Green is not in his prime anymore.  Injuries and age have made him a shell of himself.  He is currently being outplayed by a slot receiver who has only played in 4 games.  Sorry that this doesn’t fit your narrative.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shelbyblue said:

Nobody blaming Pollack the line coach???.

No.  Pollack has done his job well.  His guys are grading out as above average starters.  The Quarterback is currently dead last out of 32 qualifying starters.

Pollack is widely viewed around the league as one of the best offensive line coaches in the game. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

AJ Green is not in his prime anymore.  Injuries and age have made him a shell of himself.  He is currently being outplayed by a slot receiver who has only played in 4 games.  Sorry that this doesn’t fit your narrative.

And what about Berrios Hogan Perriman and two Dogcrap TEs are they also better than Bengals crew???? You’ve already written off a six time pro bowler over A steady slot guy. 
And Joe Mixon?? Is Gore better than him too?? Lol. Im dying just writing this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DarnoldHomer said:

And what about Berrios Hogan Perriman and two Dogcrap TEs are they also better than Bengals crew???? You’ve already written off a six time pro bowler over A steady slot guy. 
And Joe Mixon?? Is Gore better than him too?? Lol. Im dying just writing this. 

They’re just as bad.  They’re certainly not much better.

I haven’t written AJ Green off, his play has done that itself.  Using your ass-backwards logic, we should sign Dez Bryant because he was good once upon a time.

What part of Joe Mixon is currently injured and Burrow hasn’t missed a beat did you not understand??  Are you seriously this dense??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

In JD we trust. 

Why? Because he hasn’t been here as long as Gase or Darnold to string together enough mistakes yet?

I’m starting to get the sense that we only like Joe Douglas because he’s slightly better than everything else we have around here. The fact is that he poured a bunch of money and a #1 draft pick into the offensive line and he’s only marginally improved it. The second priority on the team was wide receiver and it is worse than last year. 85% of this roster is made of guys he drafted, signed, or re-signed. This is his team.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

They’re just as bad.  They’re certainly not much better.

I haven’t written AJ Green off, his play has done that itself.  Using your ass-backwards logic, we should sign Dez Bryant because he was good once upon a time.

What part of Joe Mixon is currently injured and Burrow hasn’t missed a beat did you not understand??  Are you seriously this dense??

Mixon has played 7 out of 8 games this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DarnoldHomer said:

Mixon has played 7 out of 8 games this year. 

And yes Tee Higgins John Ross Tyler boyd

are Significantly better collectively than the Jets crew. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DarnoldHomer said:

And yes Tee Higgins John Ross Tyler boyd

are Significantly better collectively than the Jets crew. 

And the two Jet TEs are without question the worst in the NFL. Just dogcrap who drop the 3 passes thrown their way a game. Definitely Sams fault. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Need a stud center to anchor the line. A Nick Mangold-type center changes the entire offense. 

YES YES YES few posters have mentioned this. That’s FB talk. Not Max Kellerman Wannabes. Gase is a fraud. Without question. The GM might be too. Unless you wanted the guy to tank the season before it started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Need a stud center to anchor the line. A Nick Mangold-type center changes the entire offense. 

YES YES YES few posters have mentioned this. That’s FB talk. Not Max Kellerman Wannabes. Gase is a fraud. Without question. The GM might be too. Unless you wanted the guy to tank the season before it started because that’s what he did. 
Jamal. Robbie. Bell? Frank Gore?? QB in 3rd round?? Can’t get Mobley back on field?? He’s tanking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DarnoldHomer said:

20th out of 32 teams is good???? 

Better than 32nd which is where you’ll usually find us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alka said:

Didn't Joe Douglas spend lots of money in free agency on upgrading the offensive line?  Why, in the second half against the Bills, did Darnold not have time to throw the ball?  It seemed like he had 1 second before multiple players from the Bills defensive line were in Darnold's face.

I mean, outside of getting a top 10 draft pick on the offensive line, "Are the Jets not capable of recognizing competent players for the offensive line?"

Why hasn't Clark gotten a chance to play?  Is Van Roten that much better than Clark?  

I am lost for words.  I feel like if Darnold got more time yesterday, the Jets might actually have been able to win the game.  Darnold had no chance in the second half, and in my opinion, that was not his fault.

 

JD didn't go out and spend on FA. This includes OL. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DarnoldHomer said:

And yes Tee Higgins John Ross Tyler boyd

are Significantly better collectively than the Jets crew. 

John Ross Currently has 17 yards on the season.

Tee Higgins is a promising rookie, just like Mims.

Tyler Boyd has only 200 more yards than Crowder, who has missed 3 games.

 Are you this simple minded in real life, or just when you’re trolling a forum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In JD we trust. 

Low hangin fruit joe.

It’s the blocking schemes and assignments . No ability to pick up blitzes even when we have more in to block than are rushing

Does it raise any eyebrows that McGovern is having his worst year under gase?


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Biggest disappointment so far has to be McGovern.  He was supposed to be better than he's shown.  Van Roten and Lewis have always been JAGs...  
McGovern was PFF = 71.9 last year and is 50.1 so far in 2020
 

So what do we make if this ya think?


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

John Ross Currently has 17 yards on the season.

Tee Higgins is a promising rookie, just like Mims.

Tyler Boyd has only 200 more yards than Crowder, who has missed 3 games.

 Are you this simple minded in real life, or just when you’re trolling a forum?

Why no Berrios stats? Or Hogan stats?  How about Perriman stats?? Lol. You use Jamison Crowder for every WR “production” argument. Lol One trick pony. 
I said collectively. That means more than one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:


Low hangin fruit joe.

It’s the blocking schemes and assignments . No ability to pick up blitzes even when we have more in to block than are rushing

Does it raise any eyebrows that McGovern is having his worst year under gase?


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Can you explain more here please? Curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DarnoldHomer said:

Why no Berrios stats? Or Hogan stats?  How about Perriman stats?? Lol. You use Jamison Crowder for every WR “production” argument. Lol One trick pony. 
I said collectively. That means more than one. 

Berrios, Perriman (who was hurt once and is now hurt again thanks to Darnold) and Hogan (who is on IR) all have more than 17 yards. I conceded Boyd. And Mims just came back from IR.

Your argument f*cking sucks.  Quit while you’re painfully behind.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Berrios, Perriman (who was hurt once and is now hurt again thanks to Darnold) and Hogan (who is on IR) all have more than 17 yards. I conceded Boyd. And Mims just came back from IR.

You’re argument f*cking sucks.  Quit while you’re painfully behind.

So who the hell is Burrow passing too? I will find out. 

But I think I got this now. So it’s now YOUR argument that The Jets REPLACEMENTS (for Crowder Berrios Hogan and Perriman) are better than the Bengals crew?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

John Ross Currently has 17 yards on the season.

Tee Higgins is a promising rookie, just like Mims.

Tyler Boyd has only 200 more yards than Crowder, who has missed 3 games.

 Are you this simple minded in real life, or just when you’re trolling a forum?

Mims is a promising rookie? With 4 catches and 42 yards and one start. Hmmmmm....solid take. smh 

Edited by DarnoldHomer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DarnoldHomer said:

Mims is a promising rookie? With 4 catches and 42 yards and one start. Hmmmmm....solid take. smh 

He should have had plenty more, plus his first career touchdown, but every time your boy is tasked with going through his progressions and finding a wide open receiver, he sh*ts his pants, you absolute jagaloon.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DarnoldHomer said:

So who the hell is Burrow passing too? I will find out. 

But I think I got this now. So it’s now YOUR argument that The Jets REPLACEMENTS (for Crowder Berrios Hogan and Perriman) are better than the Bengals crew?? 

I think they’re both awful and the only two players worth a damn between the two team’s WR corps are Crowder, Mims, Boyd, and Higgins.  One QB, who is a rookie, has an established starter and rookie wide receiver and he’s balling out.  The other is a third year veteran, with a better offensive line, who also has an established veteran and rookie wide receiver, and he throws up on himself on Sundays.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think they’re both awful and the only two players worth a damn between the two team’s WR corps are Crowder, Mims, Boyd, and Higgins.  One QB, who is a rookie, has an established starter and rookie wide receiver and he’s balling out.  The other is a third year veteran, with a better offensive line, who also has an established veteran and rookie wide receiver, and he throws up on himself on Sundays.

Crowder has missed last two games so not much help to Sam last week. You said Burrow is balling without Mixon who has played 7 out of 8 games. Your promising rookie Mims has played a half of FB in 8 games. Truly Sams fault that he isn’t on the field. But Mims SHOULD BE included in the analysis for this year within the supporting cast??? You ever hear of the saying about a player being available?  You have dismissed a 6 time pro bowler as washed up. He is 30 years old and has two bad years due to injury. Could be the case but what does that make Chris Hogan or Perriman? Who is better? A washed up pro bowler or washed up never pro bowlers?  

Boyd has 48 receptions. Higgins 29. Green 27. Crowder has 27 in 4 games. Berrios has 15 in 7. The Bengals TE has 19 catches and 9 First downs. Jets Herndon has 13 receptions (6 drops?) and five first downs.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DarnoldHomer said:

Crowder has missed last two games so not much help to Sam last week. You said Burrow is balling without Mixon who has played 7 out of 8 games. Your promising rookie Mims has played a half of FB in 8 games. Truly Sams fault that he isn’t on the field. But Mims SHOULD BE included in the analysis for this year within the supporting cast??? You ever hear of the saying about a player being available?  You have dismissed a 6 time pro bowler as washed up. He is 30 years old and has two bad years due to injury. Could be the case but what does that make Chris Hogan or Perriman? Who is better? A washed up pro bowler or washed up never pro bowlers?  

Boyd has 48 receptions. Higgins 29. Green 27. Crowder has 27 in 4 games. Berrios has 15 in 7. The Bengals TE has 19 catches and 9 First downs. Jets Herndon has 13 receptions (6 drops?) and five first downs.

You’re all over the place.  First off, Sam had an entire YEAR with Crowder last year.  This year he was available to him in all of his starts except 1.  That didn’t stop Sam from missing him for 2 wide open TDs against Denver though.

Second, all I said regarding Mixon is that Burrow didn’t have him Sunday, and yes, he balled out. There is nothing wrong there.

You totally ignored the fact that Mims could have produced more if Darnold didn’t suck at reading the field.  No one is blaming Sam for Mims being unavailable.  We are, however, blaming Sam for totally missing him for chunk plays and wide open touchdowns when he is available.  Mims should have had about 7-9 catches, 80-100 yards, and at least one touchdown yesterday.  Sam Darnold was the sole reason that he didn’t.  

Washed up is washed up, I don’t care.  They all suck the same.

Gase doesn’t feature the TE because he is an idiot, so yeah, Burrow is getting more production there.  For what it’s worth, the All-22 showed that Darnold missed Herndon, who was all alone, for a 10 yard pass yesterday, that would have turned into a 50+ yard TD, because there was absolutely no one within a mile of him.  Even when Gase does deploy him, Sam doesn’t see him, because he can’t read the field.

Cincinnati’s offense was one spot above the Jets in scoring last year.  They added two rookies in Burrow and Higgins, now all of a sudden they are now ranked 23rd, continuing to climb with every passing week as Burrow progresses.  This leads me to my last point.  Did you ever stop and think that maybe the QB is why the receivers are playing adequately (according to you) in Cincinnati?  Do you really think Sam Darnold would be producing the same as Joe Burrow if he were in Cincinnati?  If you do, there is no point in continuing. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, THE BARON said:

because offensive lineman are very valuable and teams dont part with good ones.  JD added the best that was available in FA.  The pickins were slim. You need to draft them and you cant draft all 5 at one time.   He got the LT in the draft and that is a nice start.  blame mr coffee who ignored the offensive line each and every year

Well sure that why it's not the best but the scheme they are running is stupid. Needlessly complicated and ineffective plays that they are supposed to run result in exactly what they should result in, terrible blocking, if everything goes right which it never will and the opposition only runs the vanilla crap we would still have problems.

This line could be too half of the league with a simple and modern offense and use some very easy motion and extra blockers to to help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You’re all over the place.  First off, Sam had an entire YEAR with Crowder last year.  This year he was available to him in all of his starts except 1.  That didn’t stop Sam from missing him for 2 wide open TDs against Denver though.

Second, all I said regarding Mixon is that Burrow didn’t have him Sunday, and yes, he balled out. There is nothing wrong there.

You totally ignored that Mims could have produced more if Darnold didn’t suck at reading the field.  No one is blaming Sam for Mims being unavailable.  We are, however, blaming Sam for totally missing him for wide open touchdowns when he is available.  Mims should have had about 7-9 catches, 80-100 yards, and at least one touchdown yesterday.  Sam Darnold was the sole reason that he didn’t.  

Washed up is washed up, I don’t care.  They all suck the same.

Gase doesn’t feature the TE because he is an idiot, so yeah, Burrow is getting more production there.  For what it’s worth, the All-22 showed that Darnold missed Herndon, who was all alone, for a 10 yard pass yesterday, that would have turned into a 50+ yard TD, because there was absolutely no one within a mile of him.  Even when Gase does deploy him, Sam doesn’t see him, because he can’t read the field.

Cincinnati was one spot above the Jets in scoring offense last year.  They added two rookies in Burrow and Higgins, now all of a sudden they are now ranked 23rd, continuing to climb with every passing week as Burrow progresses.  This leads me to my last point.  Did you ever stop and think that maybe the QB is why the receivers are playing adequately (according to you) in Cincinnati?  Do you really think Sam Darnold would be producing the same as Joe Burrow if he were in Cincinnati.  If you do, I can’t say what I think you are without getting banned from this forum, and you aren’t worth that.  

If Sam was in cinn this year he would most be better because it's not his rookie year. If burrow was here he look much worse than darnold, he look like darnold last year

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

If Sam was in cinn this year he would most be better because it's not his rookie year. If burrow was here he look much worse than darnold, he look like darnold last year

Next level delusion.  Nothing Sam Darnold has done in 3 years suggests that he can do what Joe Burrow is doing in Cincinnati, in his rookie year.  Absolutely nothing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Icer said:

Most of them are on 1 year deals with outs provided they suck. Only McGovern was expected to stay and hes been disappointing, but maybe getting another Center in here and sliding him to Guard will see his performance increase

The "conventional wisdom" is that McGovern is a better G than C. So, if the Jets can acquire (probably via draft in 1st or 2nd round) a stud C, that could improve two positions at once as McG slides to one of the G spots.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Butterfield said:

None of the guys the Jets signed were very good to begin with.  Then put them in a crap scheme.  This is what happens.  
 

  

This.  Aside from Becton who looks like a stud but is just a rookie the rest of these guys are mid-level FAs at best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Next level delusion.  Nothing Sam Darnold has done in 3 years suggests that he can do what Joe Burrow is doing in Cincinnati, in his rookie year.  Absolutely nothing.

Take it easy.  I like Burrow and liked him leading up to the draft but the bengals are 1-5-1 and the jets could probably beat them and we suck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Take it easy.  I like Burrow and liked him leading up to the draft but the bengals are 1-5-1 and the jets could probably beat them and we suck

We got absolutely blown out by the Andy Dalton led Bengals last year.  Burrow would drop 35+ on us, no problem.

Either way, the question posed was how would Sam fare on that team compared to Burrow.  The answer is clear as day: he would be a lot worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...