Joe Douglas has a "Type"

MARTIN

Fun nugget i got:

Per the NFL source w/ work history with Joe Douglas... when asked about the who they thought JD would hire for his next HC and asked "what type of coach would Joe like to work with?"

Source said, "Think John Harbaugh, (he) likes tough guys..." (Not actually or literally Harbaugh), "but that type" 

My thoughts - .... Very interesting. Maybe more of a disciplinarian in our future? Joe Judge 2.0 (lol)

I wish that it was as simple as JD just being able to hire who he wants... but that is where it gets complicated with ownership. Remembering back to when Gase was hired, one thing that was mentioned about the hiring process, was that ownership seemed to liked that he was an alpha (LOL) or an intense personality. I guess there is some cross over between what they THOUGHT Gase was and what JD likes...

Question is, do any of the candidates that we commonly think of for the position this off season display that makeup/energy/personality? 

17 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Well, John has a relative in the business...

That fella that propelled Luck to Elway levels as a prospect, turned Alex Smith from clown to consummate professional and Top 15 QB and then changed up his entire offense and went to a Super Bowl with silly ass, one note Colin Kaepernick while putting everyone’s favorite Greg Roman on the map...

Also has turned around every program he’s visited, has 15 years of experience as an NFL QB and is known as an eccentric hard ass who demands the best out of everyone...

Gee, what was that fellas name?

Ya know, the guy that everyone suddenly started to sh*t on simply because he hasn’t beaten the piss out of Ohio State who has been one of the Top 3 recruiting factories in the nation over the last 10+ years?

Yeah, go get that guy. And do whatever it takes.

This. All day. 

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Well, John has a relative in the business...

That fella that propelled Luck to Elway levels as a prospect, turned Alex Smith from clown to consummate professional and Top 15 QB and then changed up his entire offense and went to a Super Bowl with silly ass, one note Colin Kaepernick while putting everyone’s favorite Greg Roman on the map...

Also has turned around every program he’s visited, has 15 years of experience as an NFL QB and is known as an eccentric hard ass who demands the best out of everyone...

Gee, what was that fellas name?

Ya know, the guy that everyone suddenly started to sh*t on simply because he hasn’t beaten the piss out of Ohio State who has been one of the Top 3 recruiting factories in the nation over the last 10+ years?

Yeah, go get that guy. And do whatever it takes.

Think the stars are starting to align for this....Johnsons will want a splash to ignite the fan base...they wanted him back when they fired Bowles....Trevor Lawrence, cap and a sh!t ton of picks might get him to leave Ann Arbor 

I loved those Harbaugh niners....they were nasty on both sides of the ball..think his offense is a lil stale hopefully he can bring a Joe Brady type OC with him 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MARTIN said:

Fun nugget i got:

Per the NFL source w/ work history with Joe Douglas... when asked about the who they thought JD would hire for his next HC and asked "what type of coach would Joe like to work with?"

Source said, "Think John Harbaugh, (he) likes tough guys..." (Not actually or literally Harbaugh), "but that type" 

My thoughts - .... Very interesting. Maybe more of a disciplinarian in our future? Joe Judge 2.0 (lol)

I wish that it was as simple as JD just being able to hire who he wants... but that is where it gets complicated with ownership. Remembering back to when Gase was hired, one thing that was mentioned about the hiring process, was that ownership seemed to liked that he was an alpha (LOL) or an intense personality. I guess there is some cross over between what they THOUGHT Gase was and what JD likes...

Question is, do any of the candidates that we commonly think of for the position this off season display that makeup/energy/personality? 

Saleh

9 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Think the stars are starting to align for this....Johnsons will want a splash to ignite the fan base...

They better 

If they think that hiring Andy Reid’s coffee fetcher Eric Bienemy (who is probably headed to Houston anyway) is going to ignite the fanbase, then they’re even dumber than I originally thought.

These goofs have had no problems spending to the brink on sh*tty, overpriced free agent players in the past.

Now it’s time to throw some of that money at an established coach (which doesn’t effect the cap one iota).

If you can pair a guy like Harbaugh with Lawrence/Fields, then you do whatever it takes.

Harbaugh makes around $7 million a year at Michigan. These dicks were paying Trumaine Johnson literally double that to produce at 1/4 the level of David Barrett.

Make it so

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Think the stars are starting to align for this....Johnsons will want a splash to ignite the fan base...they wanted him back when they fired Bowles....Trevor Lawrence, cap and a sh!t ton of picks might get him to leave Ann Arbor 

I loved those Harbaugh niners....they were nasty on both sides of the ball..think his offense is a lil stale hopefully he can bring a Joe Brady type OC with him 

Honestly, whoever gets the job, it would be interesting to offer a position to one of Clemson's staff (maybe like a QB coach) to assist with running plays and concepts that Lawrence is comfortable with. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, MARTIN said:

Fun nugget i got:

I am sure that JD is going to try to turn us into the Ravens. That mold, that style. A tough team with a strong foundation in the trenches on both sides of the ball and a tough coach to go along with it.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, MARTIN said:

Fun nugget i got:

Matt Campbell

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, MARTIN said:

Fun nugget i got:

Jim Harbaugh, but he'd likely fire Joe Douglas

11 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

Don’t be surprised if JD and Chris Johnson fly out to Ann Arbor and try to bring lil bro to Florham Park

I've been calling for this since he was gone from San Fran Its going to take a lot of money and also for him and JD to have the same philosophy. Since Harbaugh is a current college coach I'm sure he will, if hired, have a big say in the draft along with JD and in all honesty it should be that way.

A GM has to pick players that not only fit into a coaches scheme but also his personality after all that's why they interview these players in the first place.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, maury77 said:

Honestly, whoever gets the job, it would be interesting to offer a position to one of Clemson's staff (maybe like a QB coach) to assist with running plays and concepts that Lawrence is comfortable with. 

If Lawrence is the pick then the Johnson’s should at least float the idea to Dabo.Doesn't hurt to ask.

• Sympathy 1