Jump to content
Torus34

Pssssst! Hey! Over here. Yes, you.

Recommended Posts

[Whispers,] You looking for a real long shot? One that will set you up for life? I know this book who'll give you odds on the Jets making it to the Super Bowl. It's your chance to really score the Big One. ;-)

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually saw a post on line with Super Bowl odds.  31 teams listed.  Only Jets not included.  If that isn't a slap in Woody Johnson's face, what is?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just kinda figured we could use a chuckle now and then. The jets have a tough one, arguably the toughest of the season, ahead of them in week 8. It'll be rough on us Jets folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

You'd have to be a real moron to actually click into a thread with a title like this

I know right?  What kind of dumba$$ would do that?  Idiots, all of 'em.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JetPotato said:

You'd have to be a real moron to actually click into a thread with a title like this

Great response! You provided me with a much-needed afternoon grin!

 

Regards, stay safe 'n well -- and don't give up hope for the Jets!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I know right?  What kind of dumba$$ would do that?  Idiots, all of 'em.

Hi!

 

Delightful post. Whatever kind it is, count me in!

 

Go, Jets! Stay safe 'n well.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JetPotato said:

You'd have to be a real moron to actually click into a thread with a title like this

 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I know right?  What kind of dumba$$ would do that?  Idiots, all of 'em.

Alright, I’m just gonna say it.

You’re both idiots.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I know right?  What kind of dumba$$ would do that?  Idiots, all of 'em.

@GATA

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

 

Alright, I’m just gonna say it.

You’re both idiots.

You clicked on the thread!  HA!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You clicked on the thread!  HA!

I clicked on the tag .... -____- 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I know right?  What kind of dumba$$ would do that?  Idiots, all of 'em.

Hey $100 if a bookie would take it and the Jets win out all the way though i.e 9-7 gets em in with the 3rd WC then to the SB probably would get you a Million dollars with the odds you'd get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GATA said:

 

I clicked on the tag .... -____- 

@GATA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Torus34 said:

[Whispers,] You looking for a real long shot? One that will set you up for life? I know this book who'll give you odds on the Jets making it to the Super Bowl. It's your chance to really score the Big One. ;-)

 

Maxman: Pssssst! Hey! Over here. Yes, you. You’re banned for a month. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!

 

My little tongue-in-cheek bit of nonsense took off in directions I couldn't have predicted. It played off on something that I'm starting to get a bit concerned over. That's the greater and greater part that gambling odds are playing in how the game is viewed and reported. Air time devoted to whether a team will 'cover the spread' or the game go over or under the predicted total score is time taken away from discussion of the teams, their players, and the game itself.

 

Meanwhile the Jets, which I've followed since their Titan days, are struggling. A re-build's needed in some positions, including coaching. That said, there are some on the present team we should applaud. In the face of a downright miserable season, they're still trying to do their very best. I'd love to see a 'Jet of the Week' rather than hear boo's.

 

Regards to all. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, JetPotato said:

You'd have to be a real moron to actually click into a thread with a title like this

Strangers have the best candy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Torus34 said:

My little tongue-in-cheek bit of nonsense took off in directions I couldn't have predicted.

Welcome to JN!

Just be glad it didn't devolve into a discussion about shirtless men.  @joewilly12 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Welcome to JN!

Just be glad it didn't devolve into a discussion about shirtless men.  @joewilly12 

There’s always the alternative of bald heads as a secondary option.  @joewilly12

 

94D1BC30-32F9-4ECC-B634-199915A354CE.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Torus34 said:

Wow!

 

My little tongue-in-cheek bit of nonsense took off in directions I couldn't have predicted. It played off on something that I'm starting to get a bit concerned over. That's the greater and greater part that gambling odds are playing in how the game is viewed and reported. Air time devoted to whether a team will 'cover the spread' or the game go over or under the predicted total score is time taken away from discussion of the teams, their players, and the game itself.

 

Meanwhile the Jets, which I've followed since their Titan days, are struggling. A re-build's needed in some positions, including coaching. That said, there are some on the present team we should applaud. In the face of a downright miserable season, they're still trying to do their very best. I'd love to see a 'Jet of the Week' rather than hear boo's.

 

Regards to all. 

Ironically I root for the Titans. Let’s be friends.  Best friends!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HessStation said:

Ironically I root for the Titans. Let’s be friends.  Best friends!

Hi!

 

I think there's a brotherhood of sorts among all those who get away from Everyday by watching pro football. For a couple of hours, he's [Everyday] left outside the front door, cooling his heels. The world shrinks to a swath of green 100 yards long by 160 feet wide and the area immediately surrounding it. Nothing else matters. It's colorful, exciting, and a great opportunity to snack. Who could ask for more? [Ed.: A home team win's nice, once in a while.]

 

Regards!

 

Side note. I worked for Mr. Leon Hess during the time he bought the Titans and changed them over to the Jets. Mr. Hess was well aware that nothing succeeds like success. Televised games showing empty seats were a no-no. So, every Wednesday for that first year, I'd end up with a stack of Jets tickets to give out to my friends. A stack! Free Jets tickets. It was good to work for Hess Oil in those days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 11:19 AM, Torus34 said:

[Whispers,] You looking for a real long shot? One that will set you up for life? I know this book who'll give you odds on the Jets making it to the Super Bowl. It's your chance to really score the Big One. ;-)

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...