Pssssst! Hey! Over here. Yes, you.

Torus34

2 hours ago, JetPotato said:

You'd have to be a real moron to actually click into a thread with a title like this

Great response! You provided me with a much-needed afternoon grin!

Regards, stay safe 'n well -- and don't give up hope for the Jets!

15 hours ago, Torus34 said:

[Whispers,] You looking for a real long shot? One that will set you up for life? I know this book who'll give you odds on the Jets making it to the Super Bowl. It's your chance to really score the Big One. ;-)

Maxman: Pssssst! Hey! Over here. Yes, you. You’re banned for a month. 

• Haha 1

Wow!

My little tongue-in-cheek bit of nonsense took off in directions I couldn't have predicted. It played off on something that I'm starting to get a bit concerned over. That's the greater and greater part that gambling odds are playing in how the game is viewed and reported. Air time devoted to whether a team will 'cover the spread' or the game go over or under the predicted total score is time taken away from discussion of the teams, their players, and the game itself.

Meanwhile the Jets, which I've followed since their Titan days, are struggling. A re-build's needed in some positions, including coaching. That said, there are some on the present team we should applaud. In the face of a downright miserable season, they're still trying to do their very best. I'd love to see a 'Jet of the Week' rather than hear boo's.

Regards to all. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Torus34 said:

Wow!

My little tongue-in-cheek bit of nonsense took off in directions I couldn't have predicted. It played off on something that I'm starting to get a bit concerned over. That's the greater and greater part that gambling odds are playing in how the game is viewed and reported. Air time devoted to whether a team will 'cover the spread' or the game go over or under the predicted total score is time taken away from discussion of the teams, their players, and the game itself.

Meanwhile the Jets, which I've followed since their Titan days, are struggling. A re-build's needed in some positions, including coaching. That said, there are some on the present team we should applaud. In the face of a downright miserable season, they're still trying to do their very best. I'd love to see a 'Jet of the Week' rather than hear boo's.

Regards to all. 

Ironically I root for the Titans. Let’s be friends.  Best friends!

8 hours ago, HessStation said:

Ironically I root for the Titans. Let’s be friends.  Best friends!

Hi!

I think there's a brotherhood of sorts among all those who get away from Everyday by watching pro football. For a couple of hours, he's [Everyday] left outside the front door, cooling his heels. The world shrinks to a swath of green 100 yards long by 160 feet wide and the area immediately surrounding it. Nothing else matters. It's colorful, exciting, and a great opportunity to snack. Who could ask for more? [Ed.: A home team win's nice, once in a while.]

Regards!

Side note. I worked for Mr. Leon Hess during the time he bought the Titans and changed them over to the Jets. Mr. Hess was well aware that nothing succeeds like success. Televised games showing empty seats were a no-no. So, every Wednesday for that first year, I'd end up with a stack of Jets tickets to give out to my friends. A stack! Free Jets tickets. It was good to work for Hess Oil in those days.

• Sympathy 1