Games That Worry Me

BettyBoop

Regarding the Lawrence sweepstakes, I worry about the following games/teams...

• The Pats are pretty bad but gotta hope their defense is still good enough to limit us to 10 points or less.  The last game will be meaningless for both teams so I'm hoping the knuckleheads start Morgan, Clarke, Bryce Hall and any other rookie they can find.
  • The Phins worry me the most.  We don't know how well (or not) Tua will play.  Greg Williams is capable of a game plan to confuse him.  I'm worried about this game.
  • Raiders don't play well here but they have enough to play for to not let down.  Come on Chuckie!
  • The Chargers game is a big game.  Gotta hope Herbert continues to light it up and gashes the Jets secondary.

Jaguars/Texans game this week helps.  Other than that game the Jags may not win another one.  Atlanta could win any given week but they usually end up blowing it.  They play Chargers down the road so that could be a win.  The G-Men play the WFT, Bengals, Eagles and Dallas and have to win one of those games.  Or do they?

Bottom line is we're in control of our own destiny.  We should Gaze through the rest of the year winless.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

• The Pats are pretty bad but gotta hope their defense is still good enough to limit us to 10 points or less.  The last game will be meaningless for both teams so I'm hoping the knuckleheads start Morgan, Clarke, Bryce Hall and any other rookie they can find.
  • The Phins worry me the most.  We don't know how well (or not) Tua will play.  Greg Williams is capable of a game plan to confuse him.  I'm worried about this game.
  • Raiders don't play well here but they have enough to play for to not let down.  Come on Chuckie!
  • The Chargers game is a big game.  Gotta hope Herbert continues to light it up and gashes the Jets secondary.

Jaguars/Texans game this week helps.  Other than that game the Jags may not win another one.  Atlanta could win any given week but they usually end up blowing it.  They play Chargers down the road so that could be a win.  The G-Men play the WFT, Bengals, Eagles and Dallas and have to win one of those games.  Or do they?

Bottom line is we're in control of our own destiny.  We should Gaze through the rest of the year winless.

Good post. Any given Sunday but I don't believe the Jaguars will beat the Texans...if any team might provide them a win the Jaguars sweep the Colts, it's a long shot but the Colts have yet to beat a decent team.

For the Jets, I believe the O line will slowly trend better, I'm not worried about the Chargers or the Dolphins. The Dolphins are well coached and have have some talent on their roster.  Where I think the fall might come... Belichick  does not have a viable team at the moment, that's where the Jets may screw this up.

The strength of schedule will change significantly throughout the remainder of the season, but I have to think that the Jets winning one game might be enough to take them out of the Trevor Lawrence sweeps stakes. Two wins might take them out of the Justin Fields sweepstakes.

So much fun in this disaster of a season!

26 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Chargers are a west coast trip for Jets against a QB that gets like 3 TDs a game and we score 1 TD a game so do the math. Fins D probably limits Jets to the average they score (12 pts per game?) so even if Tua does nothing but use his legs that should be enough to beat our D. Raiders are better this year and even flying over here and if they had 10 players out with Covid should beat us. Only situation is 2 games with Pats and hopefully Edelman and their D holding us to our scoring total should win both. Not hard to beat teams that score on 12 points a game in today's NFL. Browns could be one to watch but they will need the game and should easily win with their scoring prowess eve with no OBJ. The SOS is on our side if not for the tiebreaker, but for the fact that we do not play teams evenly matched with us since we are not playing the NFC east and do not play Jax(just bad) or Atlanta(Just snake bitten). We may have this one in the bag boys and girls. I have never rooted for wins, but any 1 win is likely to be a bad loss for us unless it is when we are 0-15 and if by then every other team has 2 wins or more. If that occurs then we can fight hard to beat the Pats the last game and can even root for the win. It prevents us from going 0-16 and still nets us the 1st pick. We get that 1st pick and that could be what5 gets us to move in the right direction with all other draft picks and cap $ we have. I gave the game last week the last chance I was providing to Darnold to scope out whether he is workable regardless of how things have gone i.e coaching, low skill players around him, etc. But no matter what anyone says, he cannot process info quick enough under heavy and constant blitzing which is either not fixable, or will take a lot of experience to fix. Today's NFL provides the hot route/read of 1 WR over the short middle normally on a crossing pattern that if you know they are blitzing every play should be something you can hit multiple times in a drive. No complaints about coaching since Darnold can push the caches to provide that in the plays and may7be they are there, but he can't find and complete those passes quick enough. That leads me to believe he may never be able to even sniff the playoffs or if he gets there he will never go far. We want to get there and go far so it means we need someone else that can handle that type of pressure/blitzing and make quicker decisions and ones that don't wind up as INTs more times than not or when they don't he misses even seeing wide open receivers which are plays you have to see more often than not since they do not happen all the time.    

15 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Pats games — Belichick seems to have realized the season is over. I’m very concerned he screws us out of Lawrence by starting Stidham or Hoyer both games

Phins -  good point.  Tua supposedly hasn’t looked good in practice and he will have Fitzcancer moping on the sidelines

Raiders - not worried

Chargers - not worried

22 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

I can see Belechick throwing the game against the Jets just to deprive them of Trevor

21 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Dolphins - rookie QB

Chargers - rookie QB 

Browns - barely snuck past the Bengals and are now down OBJ.

Those are the 3 games that worry me, but we really need the Jags, Giants, and Falcons to win a second game to give us some breathing room.

Would the Giants be giving up on Daniel Jones and drafting a QB ??? I am convinced Daniel Jones is a dead end due to his total lack of pocket awareness, but due to pride of authorship, their GM may not be ready to admit this,  

3 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Would the Giants be giving up on Daniel Jones and drafting a QB ??? I am convinced Daniel Jones is a dead end due to his total lack of pocket awareness, but due to pride of authorship, their GM may not be ready to admit this,  

Gettleman is a goner.

4 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Gettleman is a goner.

Probably, yes.   Their HC is doing a nice job, but Gettleman screwed the pooch big time.  

This contest for Trevor Lawrence is so significant, I don't think it has really set in yet just how big a deal it is.  I'd take him over Elway, Manning, Luck... I think the only QB in NFL history I'd favor taking over TL is Dan Marino... 

• Post of the Week 1

23 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Great post. Some angry Jets fans want to believe we will walk to 0-16. It doesn’t happen like that historically. Two games against a Pats team that is done, Miami, the Chargers, even the Raiders. We will be dogs in every game but sh*t happens. Weather, bad calls, bad bounces, injuries, etc. 

I pray I am wrong but this team is winning at least one game. We win two we ain’t getting Trevor - he will be a Star in Jax. 

23 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Besides for two quarters against the Bills our team hasn’t competed on a SEC level, let alone an NFL level all year. I’m not worried about winning. 

Agree with this.  Had we seen a flip-flop of how the Buffalo game went, if the 4-yard 2nd half was actually the 1st half and Gase turned over play calling to Loggains at half-time followed by the performance we saw in the 1st half....then I'd be nervous.

That game showed me that Loggains was a bit of a "surprise" for the Bills, calling plays differently than how they had prepared for with Gase.  But the Bills easily adjusted at half-time and, if anything, limited the Jets to their worse half of offensive football this season.

I can't see us beating New England. If we somehow beat the Patriots and Belichick loses to the 0-8 Jets, it's time to hang it up because he's killing his reputation.

The Dolphins game is a big one. Tua is not going to play well and that's the one game that we can actually win. The Raiders are another game I can see us winning.

25 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I can't see us beating New England. If we somehow beat the Patriots and Belichick loses to the 0-8 Jets, it's time to hang it up because he's killing his reputation.

The Dolphins game is a big one. Tua is not going to play well and that's the one game that we can actually win. The Raiders are another game I can see us winning.

I disagree. The Big Cheat has already determined that Cam is not the future, and unless he feels Stidham has real potential, if he is in the running for the #1 pick I can easily see him throwing both games against us.

23 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Those are the 3 games that worry me, but we really need the Jags, Giants, and Falcons to win a second game to give us some breathing room.

Agreed. 

Fortunately, the Giants and Falcons are both very likely to win a second game. Both teams have lost a ton of close games and the Giants play Dallas, Washington, Philly again. 

The team to fear is Jacksonville.