Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence hints at returning to school for his senior year

Rhg1084

5 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

“The 6-foot-6 Lawrence, considered the likely No. 1 pick in next spring's NFL draft, said he hasn't ruled out returning to Clemson for another year instead of going pro.

"My mindset has been that I'm going to move on,'' Lawrence said Tuesday. "But who knows? There's a lot of things that could happen.''
At the forefront could be which NFL team is in line to draft Lawrence. 

Right now, that's the New York Jets, who are 0-7 and the league's only winless team.”

Welp that’s not promising. Not panicked, but certainly not great news.

suicide GIF by David

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Thank you for characterizing all of us into one lump some mindset.

You're welcome.

4 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

I would encourage you to read last week's college gameday thread and see what was being said about Fields.

I can't tell you how little I care about that.  Really.

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Generational talents don't have to worry about all that jazz.

A truly generational QB talent will be #1 this year, or #1 next year.  IF he is actually generational, of course.

What he can (and IMO will) control is which scrapheap franchise he goes to, as much as is possible.

There is, again IMO, no chance T.L. ever plays a snap as a NY Jet.  And I can't fault him if he doesn't want to.  I've loved this franchise for most of 40 years, but I wouldn't want my own son (if I had one) to come play here.  The NY Jets Franchise is a career-killer.  

So I fully expect a game of chicken to be played, to see who will blink.  I'm betting it'll be JD and Gase.

And like I said, that's when I expect our forum to explode with "Well, akshually, Fields is the real hidden gem in this draft!" threads.

It’s pretty tough for me to disagree more, sorry. The jets have two AFC championship game appearances in the last 11 years - same as Pittsburgh. We’ll have a new coach, 4 first round picks in two years, ton of money to spend, in the best city in America to make endorsement dollars, but he’ll base his decision on a coach no longer here and a roster that won’t be close to who will be on the team next year?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I can't tell you how little I care about that.  Really.

Well then, I would you suggest that you stop making predictions as to the supposed collective conscience of this board (or jets fans), as you are not as connected as you think you are. There are quite a few fans here already that feel Fields is an option for the Jets, regardless the decisions of Lawrence.

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

It’s pretty tough for me to disagree more, sorry. The jets have two AFC championship game appearances in the last 11 years - same as Pittsburgh. We’ll have a new coach, 4 first round picks in two years, ton of money to spend, in the best city in America to make endorsement dollars, but he’ll base his decision on a coach no longer here and a roster that won’t be close to who will be on the team next year?

half-full-glass.jpg

19 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Well then, I would you suggest that you stop making predictions...

Sorry, I must have missed where I said care about what you suggest, Scott.  

19 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

There are quite a few fans here already that feel Fields is an option for the Jets, regardless the decisions of Lawrence.

Yes, the usual losers who are already planning for the inevitable consolation prize pick when we're spurned by the clear-cut best QB prospect, and will try to turn it into something they "always wanted".  The "Trevor Lawrence really isn't that good" threads are soon to follow.

Some things never change.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You obviously do.  You care enough to provide empty responses. Other than telling the board how it will collectively feel. Even though there is evidence otherwise.

He always says he "doesn't care" about others' opinions on certain subjects (such as fans who are rooting for the tank), but can't help but respond and neg rep posters at every turn for having the opposing opinion.

Certainly the behavior of someone who "doesn't care"!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yes, the usual losers who are already planning for the inevitable consolation prize pick when we're spurned by the clear-cut best QB prospect, and will try to turn it into something they "always wanted".  The "Trevor Lawrence really isn't that good" threads are soon to follow.

I've said it, others have said it.  @JiF has said it.  Fields in the mind of more than a few has a chance of being the better pro.  I'd take Lawrence with the 1st, primarily because of being 6' 6" and his W/L record but theres a hell of a lot to like about Fields game.  Hell, @Mogglez and I have gone back and forth on it and he LOVES Lawrence

Might help to actually watch minor league football, as you call it? You might feel the same way.

BTW, Lawrence said NOTHING.  Overreaction Tuesday.  Talk about reading what you think you read.  He didnt hint hes staying, he just didnt say he wasn't leaving.  Its like you say every time someone hangs on a fluff piece by our GM, HC or DC.  That its meaningless.  He said he figured he was coming out, planning on it, who knows.  Well hes said it more than once.  But wtf is supposed to say?

And hey, here's a thought, maybe he wants to be a Jet and is waiting to see if we wind up with the No 1 first.  It was that way with Peyton after Kotite so you never know ?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

He’s not going to play his senior year, but I’m sure he realizes it’s good to have some leverage to make sure the team that wants him has a solid foundation in place for him to flourish. 

Tim Tebow makes this point when a radio guy tries to get him to jump on the spurn-the-Jets bandwagon. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

He’s not going to play his senior year, but I’m sure he realizes it’s good to have some leverage to make sure the team that wants him has a solid foundation in place for him to flourish. 

Tim Tebow makes this point when a radio guy tries to get him to jump on the spurn-the-Jets bandwagon. 

Oh, **** off Timmy. You sacrificed your virility to Moloch and you still sucked. Charlatans and invisible men have nothing to do with throwing a ball. 

Hopefully Trevor isn't a nutless weirdo pussy like you. 

Good day, sir  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I can only speak for myself, but I have followed both Fields and Lawrence since they were in high school and competing for the #1 QB in the country ranking.  I watched them go toe to toe in the Elite 11 competition.  They’re both fantastic prospects that you should be excited about drafting.  Trevor, in my eyes, is a generational prospect.  Fields hasn’t earned that “generational” tag, but he, in my opinion, is right on that cusp.  Quite frankly, he would be my QB1 in the 2018 draft if he were in that class.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I bet the passengers aboard the Titanic still argued with each other.

My great-aunt June Devaney survived the Titanic and became a Canadian. 

**** them....wait, what is it we're talking about?

LOL..

PS,  entirely true story. My Grandfather's aunt was coming over to live with her sister Marys family in Brooklyn and wound up in Newfoundland,  via Carpathia.  

Jim Dolan went on NYPD in 1921, after serving in WWI.

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Oh, **** off Timmy. You sacrificed your virility to Moloch and you still sucked. Charlatans and invisible men have nothing to do with throwing a ball. 

Hopefully Trevor isn't a nutless weirdo pussy like you. 

Good day, sir  

Are you saying this does nothing for you?

The most controversial Tim Tebow pictures

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

My great-aunt June Devaney survived the Titanic and became a Canadian. 

**** them....wait, what is it we're talking about?

LOL..

PS,  entirely true story. My Grandfather's aunt was coming over to live with her sister Marys family in Brooklyn and wound up in Newfoundland,  via Carpathia.  

Jim Dolan went on NYPD in 1921, after serving in WWI.

lmao

Imagine being so grateful just to see land that you become a Canuck.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I've said it, others have said it.  @JiF has said it.  Fields in the mind of more than a few has a chance of being the better pro.  I'd take Lawrence with the 1st, primarily because of being 6' 6" and his W/L record but theres a hell of a lot to like about Fields game.  Hell, @Mogglez and I have gone back and forth on it and he LOVES Lawrence

Might help to actually watch minor league football, as you call it? You might feel the same way.

BTW, Lawrence said NOTHING.  Overreaction Tuesday.  Talk about reading what you think you read.  He didnt hint hes staying, he just didnt say he wasn't leaving.  Its like you say every time someone hangs on a fluff piece by our GM, HC or DC.  That its meaningless.  He said he figured he was coming out, planning on it, who knows.  Well hes said it more than once.  But wtf is supposed to say?

And hey, here's a thought, maybe he wants to be a Jet and is waiting to see if we wind up with the No 1 first.  It was that way with Peyton after Kotite so you never know ?

If I ever feel truly low, old friend, I know who I'm calling for an optimistic pick-me-up.