With Season Long Over, Jets Focus now on Finding Players to Move Forward With

JetNation

44 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I get that but sitting out with a hammy and missing camp time, as a vet is a bit different and didn’t cost him playing time

Correct.  But it didn't help him getting into the swing of things with the offense, getting comfortable in the system or with the QB.  He missed Camp time for the hamstring then games because of the ankle and then game time vs. Buffalo with the head injury.  He was Tampa's WR3 last year and we've never seen him carry the load week in and week out for any team.  But he was inexplicably signed and written in (with pen, not pencil) to be the Jets WR1.  It just hasn't worked out.

34 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Correct.  But it didn't help him getting into the swing of things with the offense, getting comfortable in the system or with the QB.  He missed Camp time for the hamstring then games because of the ankle and then game time vs. Buffalo with the head injury.  He was Tampa's WR3 last year and we've never seen him carry the load week in and week out for any team.  But he was inexplicably signed and written in (with pen, not pencil) to be the Jets WR1.  It just hasn't worked out.

I agree.  For now hes been a disappointment.  But hes a 5 year vet, if Robby could adapt to Car, he could adapt.

Im not sure at this point that the season has played out just as JD wanted it to though.  

On 10/27/2020 at 4:55 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I mostly agree.  These guys signed 1 year deals for a reason.  JD scouted him when he was in Baltimore, which obviously is a huge reason he's here in the first place.  But it seems doubtful he considers him an important piece going forward.  Otherwise why not sign him to a 2 or 3-year deal from the outset?

Then again, after the year he's had, Perriman should come cheap once again.  He looked good this past week prior to his concussion, and I think he could be a valuable WR3/WR4 for our next QB and HC.  

He'd better not be a WR3. If he's WR3, that means the Jets' top two receivers are Crowder and Mims. They need to upgrade at WR1

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets need a lot going forward.

they need a WR

they need a TE

they need a C and OG

they need a pass rusher

they need 2 cbs

they need a QB

C, OG and WR are the 3 most important draft pieces next year. I'm assuming we're going to be using our #1 on TL or Fields.

• Upvote 1