joewilly12

Ohio St QB Justin Fields.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

If Trevor Lawrence shuns us and stays in school who cares this kid can be just as good if not better for the NY Jets. 

Trevor Lawrence is my 1st choice and Justin Fields is my 1B choice. 

I fear less that Trevor will stay at Clemson and more that we will butt fumble ourselves to a fluke win.

But picking this kid at 2 would be pretty sweet.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We'll let Joe Douglas know.

I talk to JD daily he already knows. 

3 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Lawrence

Fields             
Darnold

Lance

This is almost exactly how I feel right now.  Lawrence is a no-brainer selection, but nobody else is guaranteed to be an upgrade.

• Upvote 1

Justin Fields is ok by me far from a consolation prize, as many have him going #1 before TL. 

15 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

He's Special!!!

The key is he does not play like Sam Darnold by panicking in the pocket.  Keeps his feet underneath him and does not display happy feet.  Also good decision making out there when in trouble!

I think that you get either Lawrence or him!

Fixed

I’m not letting one college boy ruin my Fall and Spring let alone two of them. 

This consolation prize thread is very SOJetsy. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Relax and enjoy the show. There are 2 excellent qbs this year. We control nothing. But it is nice to have options

PFF actually ranked Fields AHEAD of Lawrence  this off season

https://saturdaytradition.com/ohio-state-football/pro-football-focus-tabs-justin-fields-as-cfbs-top-returning-qb-over-trevor-lawrence/

Heading into the 2020 college football season, two quarterbacks stand out among the rest. Ohio State’s Justin Fields and Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence are the two Heisman Trophy favorites and will likely be projected as first-round picks in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Which one is better, though? According to Pro Football Focus, the answer leans towards the guy in Columbus.

Yes, Lawrence has led Clemson to back-to-back national championship appearances and has lost just one game in his two seasons under center, but PFF says Fields should be rated higher. According to PFF, Fields is the total package.

“Justin Fields should be ahead of Trevor Lawrence,” says PFF. “He’s graded better, he’s graded better in pro-like situations. He’s six-foot-three, it’s not like he’s some shrimpy guy that no one’s ever heard of. Justin Fields ahead of Trevor Lawrence.

“They both project to be better than Tua [Tagovailoa] and a little bit less than [Joe] Burrow, but of course Burrow had the senior year that none of them have had yet. So for right now, it’s Fields then Lawrence and then, if Tua were in next year’s draft, he’d be third.”

Fields threw for 3,273 yards and 41 touchdowns last season, with just three interceptions. He completed passes at 67 percent clip, and also rushed for 484 yards and 10 scores while leading Ohio State to a 13-1 record, a B1G title and a College Football Playoff appearance.

Lawrence had another strong season last fall, throwing for 3,665 yards and 36 touchdowns with eight picks. The sophomore also piled up 563 rushing yards and nine touchdowns on the ground.

Both Fields and Lawrence are incredibly skilled, and it should be fun to see the race for the Heisman Trophy in 2020.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I’m not letting one college boy ruin my Fall and Spring let alone two of them

Interested Spock GIF by Star Trek

• Haha 3

I watch Fields play and he's a high level Sam Darnold.  

School yard stuff that might not play in a structured NFL system.  

I have my doubts, but I'd support him. 

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I’m not letting one college boy ruin my Fall and Spring let alone two of them. 

Sounds like every girl I dated in college.

• Haha 2

My dream if Lawrence says he doesnt want to play for the Jets

The Cowboys (hypothetical number 2 team in the draft) trade their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 2022 1st for the number one overall pick.

Jets sign Greg Roman and draft Fields. Then rebuild the rest of their team in the draft.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Young Jetty said:

My dream if Lawrence says he doesnt want to play for the Jets

The Cowboys (hypothetical number 2 team in the draft) trade their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 2022 1st for the number one overall pick.

Jets draft Fields and rebuild the rest of their team in the draft.

What if they traded down twice?

Gave Fields to the Jags and had 8 first round picks the next three years??!!??

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Jimmy we desperately need a franchise QB. This team goes nowhere without one. The QB stirs the drink. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Jimmy we desperately need a franchise QB. This team goes nowhere without one. The QB stirs the drink. 

Yes, but wouldn't it be better to have a complete team of studs and then draft the young quarterback?

Besides, who says someone doesn't come along even better in 21?

Burrows and Murray practically came out of nowhere. 

• Upvote 1

If CFB broadcasts were prohibited from talking about draft stock and the internet had been down for the last 3 years and came back today and the consensus was Fields was the best QB prospect in the draft and Lawrence was a close 2nd, I don't think many people would think any differently.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Yes, but wouldn't it be better to have a complete team of studs and then draft the young quarterback?

Besides, who says someone doesn't come along even better in 21?

Burrows and Murray practically came out of nowhere. 

51 years and counting Jimmy thats a long time................

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Reminds me of Watson....

Not gonna lie...if he put these numbers up for a school other than Ohio St. I would be slightly more excited......but kid can ball ! 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Yes!  We don’t need players, we just need the hope of forever accumulating picks!  We’re going to own half the 2024 draft.  Goodell will be hosting it from Florham Park. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Lawrence

Fields             
Darnold

Lance

If Fields played for Clemson, we wouldn’t be talking about Trevor Lawrence the way we are, I’d wager. it would be the Fields sweepstakes

I’m not saying anything about either quarterback, but Trevor Lawrence‘s stock has benefitted tremendously from his freshman year playing on an all-century team

• Upvote 3