Ohio St QB Justin Fields.

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes!  We don’t need players, we just need the hope of forever accumulating picks!  We’re going to own half the 2024 draft.  Goodell will be hosting it from Florham Park. 

SAR I

Even Goodell won’t enter our bottom 5 stadium ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I watch Fields play and he's a high level Sam Darnold.  

School yard stuff that might not play in a structured NFL system.  

I have my doubts, but I'd support him. 

This. Same size, same ability to scramble. But he has better decision making and none of the turnover concerns Sam had coming out. 

Check him on QB1 (season2), he’s a great person off the field as well. 

I kinda like that he has experience losing, nobody really know how TL would handle a couple L’s in a row, or God forbid a .500 season, it’s never happened. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If Fields played for Clemson, we wouldn’t be talking about Trevor Lawrence the way we are, I’d wager. it would be the Fields sweepstakes

I’m not saying anything about either quarterback, but Trevor Lawrence‘s stock has benefitted tremendously from his freshman year playing on an all-century team

He plays for OSU for Christ’s sake not Memphis

Lawrence would be more highly regarded on any team 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

If Trevor Lawrence shuns us and stays in school who cares this kid can be just as good if not better for the NY Jets. 

Trevor Lawrence is my 1st choice and Justin Fields is my 1B choice. 

What if everyone decides to stay in school and we have to draft a CFL player with the #1?

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You have to add in the 2nd round pick you get for darnold and you have to add in the 2 1st and  2nd for lawrence if you move down a few spots.

Not moving down anywhere if the NY Jets get the #1 pick which I think they will you choose the franchise QB. 

1 hour ago, Obrien2Toon said:

He plays for OSU for Christ’s sake not Memphis

Lawrence would be more highly regarded on any team 

Not disagreeing. And I’m not stipulating about who’s better. The perceived gap tho - the situation Lawrence walked into was beyond ideal. Fields transferred. If you reversed their situations, Lawrence could very well still be the more highly graded quarterback. The perceived gap between him and Fields would look different is my point

• Upvote 2

Draft is definitely an inexact science. A 6th rounder became the GOAT and a majority of the 20 odd NFL GMs polled preferred Leaf to Manning..

However, this is not an endorsement for fatalism -- there are still attributes that tend to correlate to NFL success. The more of those you can identify in a QB prospect, the more you increase your chances of success. It would be an all time upset if Fields goes above Lawrence in the draft.

• Upvote 3

This QB class is deep. Zach Wilson is also out there throwing dimes and will be in the Heisman discussion as well. Dude is accurate, gets the ball out quick, has a gun for an arm, has pocket awareness, and is athletic. I suspect he’ll be talked about in that same class as Lawrence and Fields by the end of the year.

Thr only concern with Fields is that he seems to hold on to the ball too long. Even in those highlights, you can see there were very few of them where he’s getting ball out quickly, 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

This QB class has pretty deep. Zach Wilson is out there throwing dimes and will be in the Heisman discussion as well. Dude is accurate, gets the ball out quick, has a gun for an arm, has pocket awareness, and is athletic. I suspect hell

be talked about in that same class as Lawrence and Fields by the end of the year.

garcias...didnt know him...  watching reels now...

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I’m guilty of being wary about him being a product of the Urban Meyer/Ryan Day system (it’s still Urban’s, let’s be honest).

The one thing that differs from Fields is that he was supposed to be this good when he was choosing colleges.  No other QB to play in that system had the pedigree that Fields does:

1BFD3E34-424A-42EC-9FC6-7FD473C43A04.thumb.jpeg.a56c0e1cf12e655853e4e05de0c92c5c.jpeg

There's nothing wrong with really liking Trevor Lawrence, and also liking Justin Fields

Lets be honest - we need every domino to fall in our favor. The more - the better. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

There's nothing wrong with really liking Trevor Lawrence, and also liking Justin Fields

Lets be honest - we need every domino to fall in our favor. The more - the better. 

Nailed it.  

I follow QBs to an obsessive degree.  These two have always been on my radar.  Even after drafting Sam.  It’s not going to stop there either.  I’d be lying to you if I said that I didn’t already start following the stories of guys like Bryce Young, DJ Uiagalelei, and the other top youngins.  Shoot, everyone is salivating over Arch Manning in high school right now, lmao.  I was already watching his freshman tape last year.  Anyway, this is not supposed to be a “humble brag”.  I’m just trying to point out that anyone who follows QBs like I do knows that Fields and Lawrence are not guys who just came out of nowhere, ala Darnold.  I’m sure our resident WR guru can relate ?.

Lastly, QB is the most important position in sports.  Like you said, the more great options you have, the better, and these two are FANTASTIC options.

• Upvote 1

Ohio St QB's. Blech. 

Not to mention the luck this franchise has had with Buckeyes. It's Mangold and then a big pile of pretty high level busts. Jets should just stay far away from USC QB's or anyone from OSU going forward. Funnily enough they seem to hit on ACC guys more often than anything else which is why I'm stoked for Lawrence but at the same time I'm sure they will find a way to cock it up. 

26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Okay here is a question, he transferred from Georgia no?  And he transferred because he got beat out by Fromm  no?

Lith can weight in on this i assume

@Lith could definitely explain it in more detail than I could, but anyone with two eyes could see that Fields was light years ahead of Fromm in terms of talent.  Kirby Smart’s biggest mistake was playing it safe with the game-manager Fromm, and not taking the chance on developing a superstar talent like Fields.  Here’s a snippet from an article that somewhat explains it.  Long story short: Kirby felt that Fromm was a safer bet for his run heavy system, where the QB isn’t asked to do as much as they would at other programs:

4C412DD6-2C15-40C7-9115-43A9C7F451B7.jpeg.09bcda19f454654870c6b16514c6e492.jpeg

There also was an alleged incident where a member of Georgia’s baseball team supposedly called Fields a racial slur and he decided right then and there that he would no longer remain on that campus.  Apparently, this is the reason why Fields was allowed to immediately play after transferring.

• Upvote 2