Loggains to Remain Play Caller

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

i was thinking the same thing... the run is almost over chief - at least it better be

I still think CJ gave Gase through 2021 when JD sold him on a ground-up rebuild. A lot of Jet fans are going to be suicidal when CJ announces that Gase will return in 2021.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

my fear is that if there is an actual tank attempt going on, it's possible/probable he's in on it. No coach would agree to such a thing without some sort of guarantees.

we will just remain insane and repeat the process letting Gase ruin another potential franchise QB... cool cool CJ and Joe D. 

2 minutes ago, viffer said:

I still think CJ gave Gase through 2021 when JD sold him on a ground-up rebuild. A lot of Jet fans are going to be suicidal when CJ announces that Gase will return in 2021.

And when Trevor's camp quietly lets it be known that he won't play for Gase as HC (which he absolutely should consider), I'd be curious to see how stubborn the Johnsons will be.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, viffer said:

Just now, Stark said:

we will just remain insane and repeat the process letting Gase ruin another potential franchise QB... cool cool CJ and Joe D. 

Gase is bad, his history is bad.. every statistic shows this. IF this team indeed keeps Gase another year, lol... well in another year we are just having the same discussion.

IMO it would be stupid to keep him around. however this is the JETS and they literally do the exact opposite of what I want them to do. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

my fear is that if there is an actual tank attempt going on, it's possible/probable he's in on it. No coach would agree to such a thing without some sort of guarantees.

It's not a fear; it's a reality.

Gase is the Football Man everyone asked for.  And after the first few weeks of bad defensive play and awful injuries reared their ugly heads a joint decision was made to punt this no-fans-pandemic season and Mr. Johnson approved it.  

You may not like Adam Gase but you have to appreciate Christopher Johnson's commitment to being patient and rebuilding the right way.  No more revolving doors.  No more genuflecting to whiny fans.  

SAR I

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Gase is the Football Man everyone asked for.  And after the first few weeks of bad defensive play and awful injuries reared their ugly heads a joint decision was made to punt this no-fans-pandemic season and Mr. Johnson approved it.  

You may not like Adam Gase but you have to appreciate Christopher Johnson's commitment to being patient and rebuilding the right way.  No more revolving doors.  No more genuflecting to whiny fans.  

SAR I

I can go with that. I’d like to see better play from darnold but, as I’ve said, it all starts from the oline. If they start to play well then everything else comes together.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, jgb said:

I guess we weren't specific enough in our letter to Santa. What we want is a good football man.

Now that's a different conversation entirely.  At the time of Gase's hiring, he was the best candidate the Jets could get if one looks at McCarthy as the only experienced HC showing interest and the rest a bunch of college nobodies.

Today, with the roster in even worse shape and Darnold looking like a bust, forget it, we are lucky as hell to have Gase in the role.  So we let him continue to do his job in 2021 when the 28 players on 1-year contracts are flushed out and their replacements plus 2 first rounders are added and see how he does with a better roster.  And a new DC and a new OC who calls the plays.

SAR I

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Adam gase is not a Football Man 

• Upvote 1