Loggains to Remain Play Caller

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Moving players?  Blowing up the FO?  He's a HC, not a GM.  X's and O's are the most important part of his job (though admittedly there are other important parts).

He's the Football Man Of Florham Park.

Neither the quiet attorney nor the meek scout are calling the shots, hell, he hired them both.  Adam Gase is not Bill Belichick or Bill Parcells, but he has that kind of power and control over the franchise.  Football Man.  It's what you asked for.  You got it.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Neither the quiet attorney nor the meek scout are calling the shots, hell, he hired them both.  Adam Gase is not Bill Belichick or Bill Parcells, but he has that kind of power and control over the franchise.  Football Man.  It's what you asked for.  You got it.

SAR I

Oh no...it's Oh No!!!

Oh No.jpg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I said I wanted a "football guy" not a "googly eye".

• Haha 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't recall Gase coaching these guys.  

And again, isn't weed legal in the NFL now?  

There was a 10 year period where the Jets were leading the league in marijuana suspensions, car accidents, speeding with a 7 year old in the back seat, domestic abuse, workplace harassment, dick pics, gun possession, street fights, sex with minors, and jaw breaking.

Those types of players are gone now.  Gase got rid of them.  The way to become a team like the Steelers, Ravens, or Patriots is to find high character players who put winning championships ahead of personal pleasure.  Belichick signs no fat cats.  He gets rid of great players just before they are ready to get a big payday.  The Ravens rarely sign a flashy free agent, they let them go to other teams to disappoint instead.  In order to sign a bunch of hard workers, the weed culture needs to be eliminated. And now it is.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There was a 10 year period where the Jets were leading the league in marijuana suspensions, car accidents, speeding with a 7 year old in the back seat, domestic abuse, workplace harassment, dick pics, gun possession, street fights, sex with minors, and jaw breaking.

Those types of players are gone now.  Gase got rid of them.  The way to become a team like the Steelers, Ravens, or Patriots is to find high character players who put winning championships ahead of personal pleasure.  Belichick signs no fat cats.  He gets rid of great players just before they are ready to get a big payday.  The Ravens rarely sign a flashy free agent, they let them go to other teams to disappoint instead.  In order to sign a bunch of hard workers, the weed culture needs to be eliminated. And now it is.

SAR I

Like Le'veon Bell?  CJ Mosley?

Didn't you say Macc was Gase's puppet during the time those signings were made because Gase is an "alpha"?

34 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Like Le'veon Bell?  CJ Mosley?

Didn't you say Macc was Gase's puppet during the time those signings were made because Gase is an "alpha"?

No, those are examples of Gase undoing a terrible wrong.

Gase came onboard and was ordered by Johnson to back off and let Maccagnan run March and April.  What was ambiguous is known now, Mr. Johnson apologized for it, said it set us back a year.  After the draft and FA, Gase very quickly asserted himself, came to the conclusion that it was a train-wreck, and pushed Maccagnan out the door.  A year later, it was Glat's, another trusted insider, that had to go.

And with that, Gase both did the right thing and put himself in an unimpeachable position.  Elhai is no threat to his authority and Douglas is years away if he ever gets there.  It's Gase's team.  For several more years.  The only thing that could disrupt this is if we are in a position to get Lawrence and his agent plays hardball.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Gase came onboard and was ordered by Johnson to back off and let Maccagnan run March and April.  What was ambiguous is known now, Mr. Johnson apologized for it, said it set us back a year.  After the draft and FA, Gase very quickly asserted himself, came to the conclusion that it was a train-wreck, and pushed Maccagnan out the door.  A year later, it was Glat's, another trusted insider, that had to go.

And with that, Gase both did the right thing and put himself in an unimpeachable position.  Elhai is no threat to his authority and Douglas is years away if he ever gets there.  It's Gase's team.  For years.

SAR I

13806427-63DF-4B90-BE9B-6BD0E121BE37.jpeg

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

And with that, Gase both did the right thing and put himself in an unimpeachable position.  Elhai is no threat to his authority and Douglas is years away if he ever gets there.  It's Gase's team.  For several more years.  The only thing that could disrupt this is if we are in a position to get Lawrence and his agent plays hardball.

SAR I

So if Gase gets fired between now and shortly after this season ends, you'll admit you were wrong?

Let him call O plays for the first half and someone else even Gase for the second half. Because the offense and the play calling in the first half the past two weeks has been ok. And almost zero in the second half last week a total of 4 yards. There are no adjustments from our side only from our opponents.