Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rhg1084

Joel Klatt argues why the Jets are an ideal landing spot for Lawrence

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

This guy is my new favorite media guy lol
 

 

This Klatt guy gets it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only downside to coming to the jets are the owners.  If these clowns promise to not interfere with football operations then yes the jets are a great spot

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The only downside to coming to the jets are the owners.  If these clowns promise to not interfere with football operations then yes the jets are a great spot

Other than the hiring of the GM and HC how have the Johnsons interfered with the football operations.  I know the hires in some cases have been downright awful, but they were also advised by some top level football execs. So in addition to the hires what are they doing to meddle - because I'm not seeing it or hearing it. If they were making day to day decisions like Jerry Jones we'd hear about from the media who'll tear you down for blinking the wrong way. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, if the Jets lose their way to the #1 pick in the Draft - Lawrence -, they will be setup for success. Assuming they trade Sam for a first round or even second round pick, they will have (in addition to Lawrence) 9 players selected in the first 3 rounds of the 2021 and 2022 Drafts. To put it in perspective, heck, if you keep only Becton and Lawrence, that is enough to draft an entire Offense. But using the picks on both O and D  the 2022 Roster can look something like this:

QB - Lawrence (2021 first round pick)

LT - Becton

LG - Clark

C - 2021 late first/or second round pick from Darnold Trade

RG - McGovern (or a 4th round pick or free agent if he sucks at G like he does at C)

RT - 2021 second round pick 

TE - 2021 3d round pick

WR- Crawford

WR - Mims

WR - 2021 first round pick from Seattle

RB - 2021 3d round pick from Seattle

DE - Q

NT - Fatukasi

DE - Franklin-Myers

OLB -  Huff/Zuniga

ILB - 2022 first round pick from Seattle

ILB - 2022 third round pick

OLB - 2022 first round pick

CB - Bryce Hall

CB - 2022 second round pick

S -Maye

S - Davis

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets NEED Trevor Lawrence more than any other team right now. It’s not anti-Sam, but this organization ruined him, and regardless of his potential and the fact that a lot of people in the league still think he can be salvaged, Trevor is the true draw for a good coach.

While the league may still be high on Sam, they probably view him at a point in his career where he needs to go to an established team with a culture, coaching staff, and roster already set in place to develop him. 

Trevor Lawrence will attract many more coaches here than we otherwise will get. This team is on the brink of just completely becoming irrelevant and unfixable for another decade. This isn’t just about getting the rights to a generational QB, but it will attract the right kind of coaches and free agents.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The only downside to coming to the jets are the owners.  If these clowns promise to not interfere with football operations then yes the jets are a great spot

Bellicheck knew this 20 years ago.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Pretty much. All this crap about Lawrence staying another year to avoid the Jets is hot-take horsesh*t. The team that picks first is always bad by definition, so yes, the roster is a toilet fire right now, but at least some of that is by design, and the elements are in place for us to get better quick. 

And also, if he did return to school....guess who the odds on favorite to be drafting #1 overall is in 2022?

He can run but he cant hide!!!!!

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright draft fans, try this one:

You're Atlanta.  You are 1-6 and you sit 4th right now.  1-2 more wins, which they are capable of with their schedule, could land you around 7-8th in the draft.

You won't get either Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence at that point.  And there may not be anyone worth reaching at 8 for that.

Cue the Jets, and Jets fans, what would you think: We trade Sam Darnold and our Seattle first round pick to move up for whatever piece the Falcons want to throw in and the number 7-8 pick.

That would still give us our two first rounders, but both in the top ten now. This also gives flexibility for the Jets to perhaps grab another big talent, or package that number one, move down and recoup a lot more picks than what the low first could have got us.

From Atlanta's perspective, they get a #1 QB in this draft with three years experience, still one of the youngest starters, a top three pick from three years ago, and you still have a 1st round pick next year. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Icer said:

Sounds like someone who actually knows the situation of the team and not just the big media narratives that talking heads parrot

Imagine that. The “Jets are the worst destination in history” narrative is so lazy. We are loaded with top picks in the next couple drafts, will have a new coach, and have a GM that made the right move by stripping the team of most of Maccagan’s dead weight. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Imagine that. The “Jets are the worst destination in history” narrative is so lazy. We are loaded with top picks in the next couple drafts, will have a new coach, and have a GM that made the right move by stripping the team of most of Maccagan’s dead weight. 

Outside of the non-signing of Robby and I'm sure JD had his reasons I think JD has been doing a fabulous job in trying to grab talent whether it be gaining additional picks in the future drafts or Via waiver Wire or the FA coming up. JD is doing exceptional and i for one think it is refreshing to see that we finally have a GM that knows what direction to steer this Franchise in.    

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Other than the hiring of the GM and HC how have the Johnsons interfered with the football operations.  I know the hires in some cases have been downright awful, but they were also advised by some top level football execs. So in addition to the hires what are they doing to meddle - because I'm not seeing it or hearing it. If they were making day to day decisions like Jerry Jones we'd hear about from the media who'll tear you down for blinking the wrong way. 

The Johnsons fired Mac right after the draft.  As bad as Mac was that’s asinine to fire a GM at that particular time

 

And besides picking nothing but garbage head coaches and GMs they do interfere with personnel decisions Tim Tebow being the most egregious example

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Pretty much. All this crap about Lawrence staying another year to avoid the Jets is hot-take horsesh*t. The team that picks first is always bad by definition, so yes, the roster is a toilet fire right now, but at least some of that is by design, and the elements are in place for us to get better quick. 

The team that picks first usually doesn’t have the track record of stinkage and dysfunctional management as the jets.  The cardinals picked first overall a couple years ago after having made the playoffs just a couple years earlier

 

i think Lawrence does come here but Gase absolutely has to be fired by Black Monday.  Also the Johnsons have to promise his people they are done being the de facto GMs.  Trading for Mike Thomas would certainly help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The Johnsons fired Mac right after the draft.  As bad as Mac was that’s asinine to fire a GM at that particular time

 

And besides picking nothing but garbage head coaches and GMs they do interfere with personnel decisions Tim Tebow being the most egregious example

So they picked up a poster child for marketing hype , the guy was proven a scrub and rightfully never got any serious playing time. 

Yes in hindsight the HC and GM picks were bad . But everyone loved Rex at first , same with Bowles even Herm and Mangini. Its not like they gave the HC job to some unknowns that never saw a football. Sure the GM picks were bad, but they were not made in a vacuum, there were plenty of advisors who helped with those.  Do I wish the Jets had a true football person in charge of football operation - absolutely , but everything is just boiling over because most fans/media can't stand Gase.    The owner's aren't the problem, its finding the right HC/GM combo and plenty of teams have struggled with this - its not simply a Jet thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The team that picks first usually doesn’t have the track record of stinkage and dysfunctional management as the jets.  The cardinals picked first overall a couple years ago after having made the playoffs just a couple years earlier

 

i think Lawrence does come here but Gase absolutely has to be fired by Black Monday.  Also the Johnsons have to promise his people they are done being the de facto GMs.  Trading for Mike Thomas would certainly help

Help what - fracture the locker room  for another DIVA who won't perform to his contract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets are in *PERFECT* position to become one of the best teams in the NFL given their draft picks and pocket money.

This is ALL predicated on one thing.

Joe Douglas has to be a strong enough GM to keep Johnson out of the kitchen.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...