The revenge of Le'Veon Bell could be a Jets horror

26 minutes ago, jgb said:

I judge by total body of work. Bell has shown elite play so he gets some benefit of doubt. Darnold -- on the other hand -- has shown nothing so gets none.

My point isn't a defense of anyone on the Jets, as Bill Parcells used to say "you are what your record says you are." My only point is that its much easier for success when you are surrounded by talented players and premium coaches who normally field winning teams.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

My point isn't a defesne of anyone on the Jets, as Bill Parcells used to say "you are what your record says you are." My only point is that its much easier for success when you are surrounded by talented players and premium coaches who normally field winning teams.

Oh that's true but if Bell is truly "washed up" (which is possible) he will not perform "well" in KC regardless of supporting talent.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

If he performs poorly in KC: "He's toast!"

If he performs well in KC: "Supporting cast!"

We truly do live in a post-facts world.

Call me old school but I judge players by results. Period.

So if he gets good results - he's good. If he gets bad results he's toast .

38 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I've kept him on my fantasy football team for the express purpose of starting him this weekend. I'm expecting him to rack up points in the second half when it's a blow out.

Just hope his hammy holds up , weather is getting cold he's got his $$ from the Jets he may be looking for a little vacay before the playoffs start.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Tank for Trevorites and the legion of long-suffering Jets fans can picture it now:

Le’Veon Bell unleashed and running wild in garbage time of Jets-Chiefs.

first Super Bowl. A Super Sunday against the 0-7 Jets first.

image.gif

Um, Tank for Trevorites want to got 0-16.  They are quite satisfied whenever anybody runs wild against the Jets.

14 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

wasn't his fault we gave him a big contract.  

Thank you! But @Sarge4Tide is also correct at the same time, IMO. Anyway, I've said it about Darrelle Revis until I'm blue in the face: the Jets were fully complicit in their own fleecing, ditto Holmes. Granted Holmes played lights out in the days of wine and roses, but as soon as the tide turned he was back on a plane to Turdistan. Probably had his earbuds on that time, too.

The jury is still out on Joe Douglas obviously, but I can't believe that for these very reasons some people actually cried about him kicking Jamal Adams in his ass.

tenor.gif?itemid=4810146

• Upvote 1

the hate on bell is so misguided the hate should be on the gase and company.

Bell was one of the best backs in football-the second he arrived our coach made it known he did not want him-this was common knowledge.

Our coach ignored everything bell requires to make him succeed for us-this is not new to gase either-landry said gase would not listen to players about how to best use their skills and when questioned you went to the dog house and he said he would trade you to cleveland(which he did for landry)

Our coach wanted Ballage over Bell and liked Gore better too. 

I am certain  bell with rip our defense apart and I hope he does to the tune of 150 yards and 3 tds but even if he does folks will defend gase and his 4 yards of offense he likes getting in the second half of games

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Do any Jet fans miss Le’Veon Bell? 

No!  Loggains would have gotten him more involved which would have led to a win or 2.  In that way I dont miss jamal either.

We need the tank to stay fueled and on course.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JiF said:

6.5 ypc in his first action as a Chief vs. the Broncos...

cant imagine what that would like vs. the Jets. 

There's really no downside here.

Option A = he's terrible, so FAs will see it isn't just the Jets' fault

Option B = he's good (particularly if he lights us up) which points to obvious changes needed on & off the field; changes that signing one expensive FA won't fix

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

JD handed Ryan Khalil what was it $8 million for less than a year of piss poor performance. 

he handed perriman 8 million with 6 million of it locked in

he handed griffin 10.8 million -over three years with 4 of it locked in-I have almost as many catches as him from my sofa

JD apologists will say it was all part of the master plan to pay terrible players and to suck

he spend 20+ million on those three srubs alone and I could go on too

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Bell isn't scorching anyone. He’s done.    

The Bell you saw with the Jets is always how Bell looked with the Steelers he was never a world beater running the ball but he's a monster in the passing game. His vision in space is what makes him great not over whelming speed since he never had that type of speed. When the Jets were not using him in the passing game like they should have and continued to run him between the tackles its obvious why he failed here. He runs best in the zone scheme picking his spots. Once he gets KC's offense down which may take a few games he's going to be a terror yet again and the Jets will look like failures ONCE AGAIN

42 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

There's really no downside here.

Option A = he's terrible, so FAs will see it isn't just the Jets' fault

Option B = he's good (particularly if he lights us up) which points to obvious changes needed on & off the field; changes that signing one expensive FA won't fix

Im looking at Option B

26 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I get the sense that Lev bell won't do jack-sh*t against us.  But everyone else on the Chiefs will destroy the terrible Gase, Wiliams and Jets..

Chiefs beat Jets 42-6.  Bell gets 18 yards on 6 rushes with no TDs.

Gase spends 5 minutes at his press conference talking about how he was right to cut Bell and then walks off the podium with no further questions.

Good times.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

JD handed Ryan Khalil what was it $8 million for less than a year of piss poor performance. 

One year deal that cost the Jets literally nothing except the Johnson brother's money.

Meant literally nothing.  He took a shot, it missed, and there were zero consequences.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Im looking at Option B

I mean, I guess there's an option C which is he barely touches the ball or has a merely so-so game that proves nothing. Even that would probably tilt in the Jets' favor though, since no one really expects his situation in KC to be the norm for an NFL offense.

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

One year deal that cost the Jets literally nothing except the Johnson brother's money.

Meant literally nothing.  He took a shot, it missed, and there were zero consequences.

I only semi-agree. Strictly speaking, he still could have fit anyone he wanted. However if the lack of another $8MM rolled over to 2020 in any influenced why he didn't go after one or more better players than he signed - particularly on the OL - then there were consequences.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I only semi-agree. Strictly speaking, he still could have fit anyone he wanted. However if the lack of another $8MM rolled over to 2020 in any influenced why he didn't go after one or more better players than he signed - particularly on the OL - then there were consequences.

As you say, he could have fit anyone he wanted.  I think a big ticket lineman this offseason wasn't the plan.

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

As you say, he could have fit anyone he wanted.  I think a big ticket lineman this offseason wasn't the plan.

Yeah again I only semi-agree. You get good players when they're available, not when you'd like the most ideal timing. Particularly on the OL which isn't among the early expiration date positions on the field, and even more so when he knew he'd be hitting free agency at a minimum of 4 OL positions (3 if he decided to keep Winters, which was still on the table until he was cut in August).  

He got the best center available (or anyway, the guy billed as being the best center available), but shrunk into his shell on the best tackle available, and then picked two one year stopgap types at guard -- and did so as he entered a draft where he knew he'd ultimately need to draft at least 3 starters (on top of all the other holes he needs to fill). He hit on Becton, which is huge, but we can't field an OL only through the draft if we're starting with this, and then replacing them one at a time as Douglas slowly rebuilds the OL into an asset over ~4 seasons.  All the while he's either trying to evaluate the young QB he's got, or the next young QB he's going to draft 13 months later.

It doesn't make much sense. He's not drafting 5 good starters - correction; 5 good, immediate starters - on the OL in his first 2 seasons as GM, and we should all hope he's not thinking that getting incredibly lucky is a good plan. A Becton isn't always going to fall into his lap. Actually it's really unusual, as it's unusual for there to be players like him in the first place. 

22 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Josh Doctson,Kaare Vadvik,Donte Moncreif hopefully JD has better talent evaluating skills in this upcoming free agency and draft. 

Nobody gets a pass from me when we are 0-7,most penalized team in the NFL and worst roster in the NFL. 

28 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

what about perriman

what about paying griffin

I love how people talk about we cant spend on big FA and then when we pay guys that suck -hey is not our money

JD will have spend 25+ million on total scrubs but didnt want to pay robby fair market value and let him test the market instead of paying our guy

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Josh Doctson,Kaare Vadvik,Donte Moncreif hopefully JD has better talent evaluating skills in this upcoming free agency and draft. 

Nobody gets a pass from me when we are 0-7,most penalized team in the NFL and worst roster in the NFL. 

yep I wonder what some folks do for a living that defend and tolerate such incompetency

please update your list to include perriman and paying griffin-even though he didnt spend money on him he tried not once but twice to bring in ballage a real world beater that he is

so far JD has been a TERRIBLE judge of talent-there are about 10 guys that he spent money on and every single one of them sucks