The case for Trevor Lawrence NOT passing on the Jets

PepPep

Thanks for posting!  A lot more people that understand the situation are coming to the Jets defense. Clean slate for a coach, low expectations early on, Joe D, 13 picks in the first 3 rounds the next three years. TL would be #1 brand in New York - the media capital of the world. It's the people that have no knowledge of the team that have the - don't go to the Jet's narrative. They think the coach will be here and don't understand how much money we have and how much draft capital we have and the endorsement dollars you will get when you become the sports king of NYC. His contract, if successful, could dwarf Mahomes contract. 

I agree 100%. Trevor Lawrence can't pass up the Jets.

New York is still a major media market that will elevate his brand and put more money in his pocket.

These media guys/athletes that are encouraging him to stay in school are idiots.

Come out next year so he can go to Jacksonville? Or maybe he can go to beautiful Cleveland (if they start stinking again)? 

19 minutes ago, PepPep said:

With more and more people coming out of the woodwork and saying Lawrence should go back to school and snub the Jets if they get the #1 pick (which I doubt he will do). I thought this was an interesting take from 'Rich Sports Talk' on youtube. 

a very important ingredient in this story that has to be taken into account.  that being, the communication between joe douglas and the trevor lawrence camp.  that is going to make all the difference.  douglas has to convince the lawrence people that the jets are going in the right direction and trevor's career is going to be in excellent hands.

this hinges more on what dougles does than anything else... 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Joel Klatt made the case for Lawrence to the Jets on Cowherd's show the other day as well.

“That comment is going to get a lot of run today, give it its proper context,” Klatt said. “He was asked a question about his future and he gave an answer he should which he said hey I'll worry about that at a later date. He basically gave a big vague answer. By the way, I think the Jets might be a better location than people realize. Let me tell you why the Jets are a better destination than the Cincinnati Bengals with what Joe Burrow deals with. The bengals haven't won anything in Burrow’s whole life….all im saying is that was the same ownership group, they are historically cheap, they've had the same problems nagging them forever. The Jets, I don't think Joe Douglas fits that mold. He’s won three Super Bowls. They have a ton of picks.

“If they deal (Sam) Darnold, they’ll get a first (round pick). You have really good organizations with aging quarterbacks that would want Sam Darnold….I think that the Jets have ammunition, the GM, they have a great left tackle they just drafted...Yes the Jets are terrible...but this narrative that Lawrence is going to force his way out of New York is overblown, I think it’s media driven. I think Lawrence might look at the Jets and say that's an attractive spot.”

I think people need to turn the TV off, look at the facts and let it play out. We see this happen all the time with the "league's dumpster fire" for that particular year. This year it's us, last year it was the Bungles, the year before it was the Brownies. These guys literally live off of clicks, and making fun of the league's clown show for that particular year is an easy way to do it. 

By the time the draft rolls around:

Gase will be gone

New Coach will be in place

Cut some more dead weight from the roster

We would have brought in some pieces to start rebuilding the roster in FA. 

As long as the Jets can nail the HC hire the situation looks a lot different then it does right now at 0-7. TL is going to play for the team that drafts him. Just like Burrow did. Just like every other #1 pick before him not named John Elway. It's really as simple as that. 

22 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

a very important ingredient in this story that has to be taken into account.  that being, the communication between joe douglas and the trevor lawrence camp.  that is going to make all the difference.  douglas has to convince the lawrence people that the jets are going in the right direction and trevor's career is going to be in excellent hands.

this hinges more on what dougles does than anything else... 

Dougles? Didn’t realize you guys were close enough to have pet nick names, pretty cool. 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Joel Klatt made the case for Lawrence to the Jets on Cowherd's show the other day as well.

“That comment is going to get a lot of run today, give it its proper context,” Klatt said. “He was asked a question about his future and he gave an answer he should which he said hey I'll worry about that at a later date. He basically gave a big vague answer. By the way, I think the Jets might be a better location than people realize. Let me tell you why the Jets are a better destination than the Cincinnati Bengals with what Joe Burrow deals with. The bengals haven't won anything in Burrow’s whole life….all im saying is that was the same ownership group, they are historically cheap, they've had the same problems nagging them forever. The Jets, I don't think Joe Douglas fits that mold. He’s won three Super Bowls. They have a ton of picks.

“If they deal (Sam) Darnold, they’ll get a first (round pick). You have really good organizations with aging quarterbacks that would want Sam Darnold….I think that the Jets have ammunition, the GM, they have a great left tackle they just drafted...Yes the Jets are terrible...but this narrative that Lawrence is going to force his way out of New York is overblown, I think it’s media driven. I think Lawrence might look at the Jets and say that's an attractive spot.”

I agree with this 100 %.  Unless Joe Douglas turns them off, and I don't think that likely,  TL will be glad to come to the Jets... 

8 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Thanks for posting!  A lot more people that understand the situation are coming to the Jets defense. Clean slate for a coach, low expectations early on, Joe D, 13 picks in the first 3 rounds the next three years. TL would be #1 brand in New York - the media capital of the world. It's the people that have no knowledge of the team that have the - don't go to the Jet's narrative. They think the coach will be here and don't understand how much money we have and how much draft capital we have and the endorsement dollars you will get when you become the sports king of NYC. His contract, if successful, could dwarf Mahomes contract. 

Sorry but NYC is not the draw it once was.  

9 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

The only way TL comes to the JETS is if AG is no longer the coach. That in itself is the major reason for CJ and JD to get rid of this no talent loser of a head coach.

Gase has to be fired by Black Monday.  Otherwise Lawrence dodges us