Which of these 12 Jets Legends would you add to the 2020 in their prime?

Back to the Future?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. If I could go back in time and transport 1 of the following Jets legends back to 2020 and put them on the current team, I would take:

• RB Curtis Martin
    • WR Wesley Walker
    • WR/TE Richard Caster
    • TE Mickey Shuler
    • OL Winston Hill
    • OL Kevin Mawae
    • DL Joe Klecko
    • DL Mark Gastineau
    • DL John Abraham
    • DB Darrelle Revis
    • PK Pat Leahy
    • KR Bruce Harper

Klecko, Gastineau, Curtis Martin, Reevis, Mawae, Winston Hill

A very solid step towards a Super Bowl.

I think Pete Lammons was the best tight end in Jet history but could be wrong.  John Abraham super talented but selfish.  Wouldn't play a playoff game if he had a hangnail.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/29/2020 at 9:20 AM, Sarge4Tide said:

So, you can go back in time and select 1 of these 12 Jets Legends to bring back to the future and add to the 2020 team in their prime.  Who do you pick?  For the sake of argument, we will exclude QB from the poll.

Gastineau. He's the only one who's enough of a schmuck as a human being that I wouldn't feel bad making him suffer through this

• WTF? 1

On 10/29/2020 at 10:29 AM, chirorob said:

You could argue Klecko, he had a 20 sack season while playing left DE and actually defending the run.  Just sacks weren't an official stat yet.

I'd go 4-3, and put him at left DE, with Q right next to him.

Klecko was an intimidator, and opposing teams needed to know where he was all the time.  Klecko is a legitimate hall of fame player, and Mark Gastineau will never ever be considered for the hall of fame.  Gastineau was a  "me" player, and was not good against the run.

Klecko demanded double teams, and was a big disruptor against the run.  

Gastineau was a "head case".  The team could be losing 30-0, and if Gastineau got a sack, he went crazy with his stupid sack dance that no one else on the team enjoyed.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Excellent thread Sarge. My opinion is that we would need to take one of the linemen be it Hill, Mawae ( although I prefer Mangold as he was a jet his entire career and just as good) or Klecko. My reasoning is this. If you can control the line of scrimmage on both side of the ball you control the game. Control of game gets you more wins most times. My choice would be Klecko only player in the history of NFL to be named to Pro Bowl at all three d line positions. Travesty he is not in the hall 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alka said:

Klecko was an intimidator, and opposing teams needed to know where he was all the time.  Klecko is a legitimate hall of fame player, and Mark Gastineau will never ever be considered for the hall of fame.  Gastineau was a  "me" player, and was not good against the run.

Klecko demanded double teams, and was a big disruptor against the run.  

Gastineau was a "head case".  The team could be losing 30-0, and if Gastineau got a sack, he went crazy with his stupid sack dance that no one else on the team enjoyed.

http://nflfootballjournal.blogspot.com/2019/07/a-closer-than-usual-look-at-joe-klecko.html

Not so fast.

16 hours ago, jgb said:

You mean Slouch Mevi$$$?

We sure do like to pee on our legends!

14 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Gastineau. He's the only one who's enough of a schmuck as a human being that I wouldn't feel bad making him suffer through this

That didn't take long to be proven yet again