Pats Edelman out for our next weeks game, possibly affecting the Jets tankathon

Just now, Philc1 said:

nothing you say makes that scenario impossible or even unlikely 

Actually, as I just illustrated, it does make it unlikely. Several of the teams play each other or play other highly questionable teams. 

If you weren't being silly, you would also admit that the last 40 years of NFL history, in and of itself, makes it unlikely. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Actually, as I just illustrated, it does make it unlikely. Several of the teams play each other or play other highly questionable teams. 

If you weren't being silly, you would also admit that the last 40 years of NFL history, in and of itself, makes it unlikely. 

There are 5 1-6 teams.  Literally all it takes for the nightmare scenario is 2 going 1-15 and the jets beating Jarrett Stidham 6-3 one Sunday afternoon 

keep up the bloviating pseudo historian nonsense tho

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

There are 5 1-6 teams.  Literally all it takes for the nightmare scenario is 2 going 1-15 and the jets beating Jarrett Stidham 6-3 one Sunday afternoon 

keep up the bloviating pseudo historian nonsense tho

Phil, since 1978 (when the NFL switched to a 16 game season), there has never been more than one 1-15 (or worse) team in the same season. never. What are the odds that there are suddenly three in the same season

Again, a big reason for this (as is the case this year) is that a lot of these bad teams play each other in a given season. 

It's really not a hard concept. But, since you seem to think that my "pseudo historian nonsense" is irrelevant, I feel compelled to take advantage of your stupidity: 

I will bet you $100 that three teams do not finish 1-15 or worse this season. How does that sound? PM me if interested. 

16 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Since you edited in the Vikings and Falcons, let's look at them:

The Vikings also play the Jags. So again, one of them is out. The Vikings also play the Lions two more times. (If you notice, one reason that multiple teams never go 1-15 in the same season is because, in a 32 team league, these teams tend to play each other)

The Falcons still play the Panthers and Broncos at home and have been competitive with everyone and blown games in unbelievable ways. 

Did the falcons score on purpose last week?

17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

All you need is 2 other teams to go 1-15 and one fluke win over the tanking pats who may be starting Jarrett Stidham by the time we play them.  Jets have 2nd or 3rd toughest strength of schedule so we lose almost all tie breakers

nothing you say makes that scenario impossible or even unlikely 

Math and probabilities are not your strong suit :-)

• Haha 2

Just now, batman10023 said:

Did the falcons score on purpose last week?

Well, I look at it this way. The Falcons are either next level geniuses at tanking (although they randomly decided to blow out Minnesota in Minnesota . . . hmmm) or they are just inept.

My money is usually on inept. 

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Phil, since 1978 (when the NFL switched to a 16 game season), there has never been more than one 1-15 (or worse) team in the same season. never. What are the odds that there are suddenly three in the same season

Again, a big reason for this (as is the case this year) is that a lot of these bad teams play each other in a given season. 

It's really not a hard concept. But, since you seem to think that my "pseudo historian nonsense" is irrelevant, I feel compelled to take advantage of your stupidity: 

I will bet you $100 that three teams do not finish 1-15 or worse this season. How does that sound? PM me if interested. 

You tried three times. You can’t convince him. 

he should go to Vegas and bet because he can make a ton of money if his view occurs

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

He’s still an effective slot receiver and led the pats receivers in all categories 

Belichick is full on tanking for trevor.

Hes not enough to win if they're trying. And I keep fearing Belicheck throwing the two games against us, while our idiot coach tries hard.. firmly putting us out of control of our own draft destiny. 

• 2 weeks later...