Trevor Lawerence tests positive for Covid

26 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

This might be good for the jets .

If the back up play well clemson might want to move on and not try to keep TL in school 

If they play DJ Uiagalelei and he is all that he is hyped up to be, Clemson isn’t going to miss a beat.

Clemson star Trevor Lawrence tests positive for coronavirus

October 29, 2020 | 8:59pm

Enlarge Image
Trevor Lawrence
Trevor LawrenceAP

Trevor Lawrence, one of college football’s leading voices to play this season amid the ongoing pandemic, has tested positive for the coronavirus, the Clemson QB confirmed on Thursday.

“I have tested positive for COVID-19, and my symptoms have been relatively mild while I’m following the protocol from Clemson and the ACC,” he shared in a statement on social media. “The only thing that hurts is missing an opportunity to be with my teammates this weekend and play the game I love. I hate that I can’t be there, but I’ll be watching from isolation and pulling for our guys while I wait for the opportunity to rejoin the team. God bless and Go Tigers!”

Clemson, the nation’s top-ranked team, will be without its star quarterback for at least this weekend as he is forced to isolate for 10 days per ACC regulations. Depending on the date of his positive test, he’s in danger of missing the 6-0 Tigers’ matchup with Notre Dame on Nov. 7, just nine days away.

With Lawrence out, coach Dabo Swinney will likely turn to freshman backup D.J. Uiagalelei.

“While we certainly will miss Trevor, this is an opportunity for other guys to step up and we’re excited about competing against a very good BC team on Saturday,” Swinney said in a statement.

Lawrence is expected to be the top pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, though recent comments have suggested he may consider returning to Clemson for a fourth season.

In his third season, Lawrence ranks among national leaders in passing yards (1,833), touchdowns (17), completion percentage (70.7), and QB rating (178.6).

image.gif

7 hours ago, DLJ said:

Oh well— tough sh*t. He can stay at Clemson now for all I care.

After that non statement STATEMENT he made I don’t give a ****

I get it but this is a little strong to start to mentally protect yourself if he refuses to come here

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

For a gay guy prince seemed to do well with the ladies

Fame is the greatest aphrodisiac. Serial killers get mountains of love letters and marriage proposals from random women. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

I get it but this is a little strong to start to mentally protect yourself if he refuses to come here

Fame is the greatest aphrodisiac. Serial killers get mountains of love letters and marriage proposals from random women. 

It’s like Scott Baio once said “Quasimodo on tv is getting laid.”

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Jetluv58 said:

It could have longer term ramifications. Might affect his lung or brain function. Symptoms vary. Chances are he’ll be OK, but nothing to mess with. 

They are already talking about him returning next week. I would bet his brain is better off not getting concussed this Saturday versus whatever mysterious, unproven impact it will have on his brain 6 years from next Tuesday.