GREENBEAN

Najee Harris- pick #33?

He looks good, but who’s he running against, the Jets 😁

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I'm not sure how stout Ole Miss' defense is, but it's still 5 TD's in one game. His other games are super solid too, but I thought this one would be the most fun. He's really something and as we beef up the OL it would be great to have a RB who can punch the D in the face to go with it.  Add in Wesco as the blocking TE and we could develop an identity for being physical. Could ya imagine?  :) 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Definitely need a game changing RB.

Indeed. I love Perine but not as the bell cow.  He's most likely a complimentary piece in the mold of Bilal Powell and could be here a long time having a positive impact. Get a RB like Harris at the end of the first and keep him for 5 years. Then draft another one and let someone else pay him. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I'm not sure how stout Ole Miss' defense is, but it's still 5 TD's in one game. His other games are super solid too, but I thought this one would be the most fun. He's really something and as we beef up the OL it would be great to have a RB who can punch the D in the face to go with it.  Add in Wesco as the blocking TE and we could develop an identity for being physical. Could ya imagine?  :) 

I get what you’re saying but at this very moment, I can’t picture anything with Gase. 

I’m totally sold on the player though. 

• Upvote 1

I would prefer to take a WR or OL. 

but he looks like an awesome player

• Upvote 1

Also, are you 100% assuming that Etienne will be gone by the Seattle pick, or do you just prefer this guy?

• Upvote 2

@GREENBEAN

For a big man Harris is actually Nimble and lite on his feet. I only see average speed, but I can see where his skills could matter in the Northeast.

That is of course if we could ever put anything else together LOL.

• Like 1

Who is better at pass protection, Etienne or Harris? I've seen both play in college and think both will be stout RB but I would love have a RB capable of helping in pass protection. For those wondering, Ole Miss' defense is terrible but 5 TDs is 5 TDs. Cant take that away from him.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Gase would devise a plan to have him average 3.1 ydpc and almost never run a route that allows him to RAC. 

yeah I can imagine.... now if only we had a legit HC, and a legit OC.... then yes 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, DJF71 said:

Definitely need a game changing RB.

Not sure Adam Gase really knows how to use those. He needs his third young QB to whisper to. After we ruin Lawrence and then Gase is finally fired, we'll be in the market for talented players. 

😐😐

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Ole Miss D makes Jets D look like the 85 Bears

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

OL for sure. 

If Mims can emerge as a player the next few games and we manage to snag a guy like Allen Robinson in free agency we won't be as desperate for WR help early in the draft. 

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

1st overall= TLaw- QB CLemson

Seattle First- Jamarr Chase- LSU WR

Pick #33- Najee Harris- RB Alabama

Eh? 

Pair that with Mims and Crowder and we are a different team. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

1st overall= TLaw- QB CLemson

Seattle First- Jamarr Chase- LSU WR

Pick #33- Najee Harris- RB Alabama

Eh? 

Pair that with Mims and Crowder and we are a different team. 

Chase will likely be a top 5 pick so no way he is there at pick 25+..  I would look at OL/WR with those two picks. 

22 minutes ago, Stark said:

Gase would devise a plan to have him average 3.1 ydpc and almost never run a route that allows him to RAC. 

yeah I can imagine.... now if only we had a legit HC, and a legit OC.... then yes 

So you think Gase will be here next year? 

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

Did you ever get some sleep @GREENBEAN, or you going sleepless in JetNation?

haha. i sorta slept. lol 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OMA said:

Chase will likely be a top 5 pick so no way he is there at pick 25+..  I would look at OL/WR with those two picks. 

Naah. He will probably go before the Seattle pick but not top 5. But I get your point.

We could replace with Rashod Bateman and I'd be fine.  We can wait till the two third rd picks to grab some Guard and RT help. Last draft had studs in the 4th and 5th for those positions and it should be the same this year. 

7 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Najee Harris is awesome.  But please don't use Ole Miss film.  They are horrible on defense.   As in they are second from last in FBS total yards per game bad.  I also think RB can wait until later rounds.   

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, JXN_JET said:

Who is better at pass protection, Etienne or Harris? I've seen both play in college and think both will be stout RB but I would love have a RB capable of helping in pass protection. For those wondering, Ole Miss' defense is terrible but 5 TDs is 5 TDs. Cant take that away from him.

I think Etienne has him there, but Harris is not exactly weak there. He's big and strong. 6'2" 230.  He can block lol 

If we pair a new QB (or Sam for that matter) with another top flight WR and a RB like Harris or Etienne we would immediately change our dynamic as an offense. It's all predicated on Gase not being here, but it's the move to make. I'm fine with OL somewhere in there too, but grabbing Etienne or Harris is not going to possible later in the 2nd or 3rd imo. 

10 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Najee Harris is awesome.  But please don't use Ole Miss film.  They are horrible on defense.   As in they are second from last in FBS total yards per game bad.  I also think RB can wait until later rounds.   

lol  I hear ya. 

It's just a fun that he scored 5 TD's in one game :)  That's rare against the worst of teams.  

Harris is a terrific player and I would love to have him play for the Jets.  However, there are too many variables to say at this point.

• Who will be the 2021 coach?
  • What will Douglas do in free agency?
  • What will Perine look like the rest of the year?
  • What will Mims look like the rest of the year?

If Douglas doesn't sign a bone fide guard or two, then you have to draft an OL with that pick.  If Douglas doesn't sign Allen Robinson or Juju, then it will likely be a WR.

• Upvote 1

Some other names besides the top ranked guys(Harris/Etienne/Hubbard)  to watch as the college season hopefully rolls on:

Elijah Mitchell - Louisiana-Lafyette

Jordan Mason - GaTech

Javante Williams - NC 

Rakheem Boyd - Ark

CJ Marable - Coastal Carolina

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Harris is a terrific player and I would love to have him play for the Jets.  However, there are too many variables to say at this point.

• Who will be the 2021 coach?
  • What will Douglas do in free agency?
  • What will Perine look like the rest of the year?
  • What will Mims look like the rest of the year?

If Douglas doesn't sign a bone fide guard or two, then you have to draft an OL with that pick.  If Douglas doesn't sign Allen Robinson or Juju, then it will likely be a WR.

Right. Remember ... it was 2:30 am. lol  There are obviously lots of things to consider before this all happens, but I'm just talking. :) 

In the event we do go 0-16,  we will have a minimum of 3 picks in the first 33 players.  That lends itself to flexibility and is a real opportunity to go a bit outside the box. Grabbing Harris would fit right in with that thinking. Especially knowing we have 2 3rds as well. G, C and even Solid RT can be had in the 3rd consistently. We should have the 1st 3rd rd pick as well in this scenario. Grabbing a G or even a slipping WR there is very possible. 

I can also see JD making some trades to grab more 3rds too. Let's say the Seattle pick is 28. That pick is incredibly valuable for teams wanting to jump back into the 1st to get the 5th year option.  Joe slides back to their 2nd and picks up a 3rd and it's on like Donkey Kong. (Donkey Kong is still cool right? ) 

8 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Ok man, Its 2:25am and I can't sleep so here I am.  I know it's early in the process, but I'd like to throw this guys name into the ring for a candidate for the Seattle 1st or our 2nd rd pick. This highlught vid is from one game. ONE GAME!!

It's against Ole Miss and Harris scores 5 TD's. Running, Catching, Bull dozing, Spinning, Burning the defense. This is the closest thing to Derek Henry at 6'2" 230lbs. 

I think it's time we throw some good old fashioned premium draft capital at a dominant RB to go with our new QB and 3rd rd Guards :) 

Any thoughts to the contrary? 

Harris is not in the same class as Henry and Jacobs. I prefer Kylin Hill , Miss State, even though I don't like that he sat out this season. I believe both Harris and Hill have the same ceilings but Hill has a higher floor. 

Harris isn’t particularly fast or explosive. He gets loose a little in college but I’m not sure he’s got the speed to do that in the NFL. Light on his feet for his size and a good pass catcher for sure.

The team that drafts him is going to pay a premium for him coming from Alabama and putting up big numbers there with tons of attention on that program. He also benefits from playing behind a tremendous offensive line and with explosive receivers who don't allow defenses to stack the box. Not the situation he’d have in New York.

I don’t think he makes sense for the Jets, personally.

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

So you think Gase will be here next year? 

since the JETS do the opposite of what I want, yeah Im sure somehow CJ will talk himself into, or let Gase convince him to give him another shot..

I hope to hell not, i would have fired him after last season, the last 8 games excuse was fabricated "finished strong" lol nah we just played the worst teams and still didn't have great offensive performances. Actually I never wanted to hire him. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Ok man, Its 2:25am and I can't sleep so here I am.  I know it's early in the process, but I'd like to throw this guys name into the ring for a candidate for the Seattle 1st or our 2nd rd pick. This highlught vid is from one game. ONE GAME!!

It's against Ole Miss and Harris scores 5 TD's. Running, Catching, Bull dozing, Spinning, Burning the defense. This is the closest thing to Derek Henry at 6'2" 230lbs. 

I think it's time we throw some good old fashioned premium draft capital at a dominant RB to go with our new QB and 3rd rd Guards :) 

Any thoughts to the contrary? 

The New York Jets like to develop running backs slowly. They don't want to overwhelm or stunt their growth. Perine is currently in RBNPP (Running Back No Play Protocol) until he turns 28. We do not have the space on our roster for another developmental running back at this time. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Etienne or Harris improve this offense. 

@GREENBEAN  you still sleeping in that van down by the river. 

You know it :o 

20 minutes ago, pointman said:

The New York Jets like to develop running backs slowly. They don't want to overwhelm or stunt their growth. Perine is currently in RBNPP (Running Back No Play Protocol) until he turns 28. We do not have the space on our roster for another developmental running back at this time. 

haha I like that. 

There's a wonderful logic to that. We should do that with every position. This way our draft picks wouldn't play until their 3rd season.  Well done. :)