Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Torus34

Gametime snacks.

Recommended Posts

A Jets game is a great excuse to nibble away on snacks. Those that are home made are fun to make as well as eat. One of our fave's are pigs in blankets using mini wieners and crescent roll dough. Another uses tortilla 'scoops'. We whip up some highly spiced chopped meat. It's added to the shells along with some left-over red sauce. Each scoop is topped with a small bit of cheese. [An individual slice of American cheese cut into ninths works well.] The scoops are put onto a greased or oil-sprayed tray and popped under the broiler 'til the cheese melts.

 

Anyone out there got a home-made fave? We're always on the look-out for something new.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one of the stranger posts I have read on jet nation dot com.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

This is one of the stranger posts I have read on jet nation dot com.

Me too, an excuse to nibble away on snacks? WTF?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

This is one of the stranger posts I have read on jet nation dot com.

Hi!

 

You may well be right! I may well be one of the stranger posters, too! ;-)

 

Go, Jets!

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Me too, an excuse to nibble away on snacks? WTF?

OK, OK. I'm sure there are lots of folks who don't snack while watching a Jets game. They're Jets fans, too! Love 'em all!

 

Go, Jets!

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

fixed.

Hi!

 

Thanks for the response. That, too. 'Specially when a TD's called back because of a holding penalty! ;-)

 

Regards.

 

Go, Jets! 

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jbt said:

chicken tartar

 

 

 

Thanks! Sounds good! And different, too. Hope folks know that 'tartar' isn't 'tartare'. ;-)

 

Best to you and yours.

 

Go, Jets!

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

What lol

Hi!

 

Nothing wrong with a good laugh. It's 'specially useful this Jets season.

 

Have a great weekend.

 

Go, Jets!

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thsi year we had a Mission BBQ open in our area and the first 100 people there on the opening got free BBQ for a year. 
 

so I’ve been getting that on Sundays if I don’t grab a pizza 

 

I have a great recipe for homemade Queso that I do quite often as well and either have tortilla chips or soft pretzel bites with it. 
 

so much better and cheaper than going to someplace like Moes and paying over $12 for two small bowls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dine on chewing tobacco and regret during Jets games.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

This is one of the stranger posts I have read on jet nation dot com.

He's from Tostitoville Staten Island. I think thats where Pizza Bagels were invented. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Thsi year we had a Mission BBQ open in our area and the first 100 people there on the opening got free BBQ for a year. 
 

so I’ve been getting that on Sundays if I don’t grab a pizza 

 

I have a great recipe for homemade Queso that I do quite often as well and either have tortilla chips or soft pretzel bites with it. 
 

so much better and cheaper than going to someplace like Moes and paying over $12 for two small bowls

That BBQ's a great thing to be a part of. Hat's off to you.

 

Home-made snacks are more bang for the buck, and that's for sure. With a bit of planning you can do the kitchen stuff during half-time or one of those ever-longer commercial breaks.

 

All the best.

 

Go, Jets!

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually just crack open one of these bad boys and go to town:

whole-chicken.jpg

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Torus34 said:

A Jets game is a great excuse to nibble away on snacks. Those that are home made are fun to make as well as eat. One of our fave's are pigs in blankets using mini wieners and crescent roll dough. Another uses tortilla 'scoops'. We whip up some highly spiced chopped meat. It's added to the shells along with some left-over red sauce. Each scoop is topped with a small bit of cheese. [An individual slice of American cheese cut into ninths works well.] The scoops are put onto a greased or oil-sprayed tray and popped under the broiler 'til the cheese melts.

 

Anyone out there got a home-made fave? We're always on the look-out for something new.

This season my game time snack consists of the strongest alcoholic beverage I can find.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

This season my game time snack consists of the strongest alcoholic beverage I can find.

Hi!

 

For what it's worth, I share your pain. Gout stops me from taking that particular analgesic in a meaningful dose, though.

 

Go, Jets!

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Torus34 said:

A Jets game is a great excuse to nibble away on snacks. Those that are home made are fun to make as well as eat. One of our fave's are pigs in blankets using mini wieners and crescent roll dough. Another uses tortilla 'scoops'. We whip up some highly spiced chopped meat. It's added to the shells along with some left-over red sauce. Each scoop is topped with a small bit of cheese. [An individual slice of American cheese cut into ninths works well.] The scoops are put onto a greased or oil-sprayed tray and popped under the broiler 'til the cheese melts.

Anyone out there got a home-made fave? We're always on the look-out for something new.

1975-one-flew-over-the-coo-coos-nest.jpg

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You take all your pre-game meals via rectal suppository 

Once again the dude with the anal mindset. 

Yeah If You Could Just - Yeah if you could just stop making anal jokes that would be great

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Torus34 said:

Hi!

 

For what it's worth, I share your pain. Gout stops me from taking that particular analgesic in a meaningful dose, though.

 

Go, Jets!

Last weekend I ate about 50 littleneck clams woke up to the gout in my toe. Hurt like hell finally calmed down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Torus34 said:

Hi!

 

For what it's worth, I share your pain. Gout stops me from taking that particular analgesic in a meaningful dose, though.

 

Go, Jets!

Feel better!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

This season my game time snack consists of the strongest alcoholic beverage I can find.

DSCN1282.JPG

^ ^  works for me:beer: 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Torus34 said:

A Jets game is a great excuse to nibble away on snacks. Those that are home made are fun to make as well as eat. One of our fave's are pigs in blankets using mini wieners and crescent roll dough. Another uses tortilla 'scoops'. We whip up some highly spiced chopped meat. It's added to the shells along with some left-over red sauce. Each scoop is topped with a small bit of cheese. [An individual slice of American cheese cut into ninths works well.] The scoops are put onto a greased or oil-sprayed tray and popped under the broiler 'til the cheese melts.

 

Anyone out there got a home-made fave? We're always on the look-out for something new.

Love the goof/troll job.  Well done.  Love the experimental cooking of pigs in a blanket.  lol

2 hours ago, jbt said:

chicken tartar

 

 

 

LMFAO!  Usually, I go with one-third each of raw lamb, pork and venison.  Then add in some chopped shallots, Parmigiano Reggiano as well as a nice chiffonade of parsley and fresh Greek Basil.  Of course I'll introduce in some sea salt, a few generous grinds of black pepper, Sicilian olive oil and just soupçon of aged Balsamic from Modena instead of the traditional Worcestershire sauce.   Will try your suggestion this weekend.  Thanks.

EDIT:  Came back to edit in case some idiot doesn't realize that I'm kidding and winds up dead or in the hospital making this raw insanity.

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

I usually just crack open one of these bad boys and go to town:

whole-chicken.jpg

LMFAO!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Buffalo Chicken Dip is a big game staple in my household. 

It's a good snack. There's chemistry involved, too. Hot Buffalo wings are hot because of capsicum, the hot chemical in peppers. It's oil soluble, not water soluble. So ... a blue cheese dip is rich in oil. It removes the capsicum from the mouth. Golly gee whiz, Mr. Science!

 

Enjoy the games and the snacks!

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...