The Core

BettyBoop

10 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

You could to that but do you drop Morgan or the other guy they like. Forget his name. You don't keep 4 QB's.

I would hope Darnold gets a 4th/5th compensatory pick, but unless he shines this or next season, even a 5th could be questionable.

4th or 5th would be a slap on the wrist. Young backup QBs with potential should easily fetch a 3rd. Rosen fetched a low 2nd. Darnold should fetch the same if not more. See what Lord Flacco has done with this team and it’s much worse than Darnold. Yes Darnold misses wide open WRs but every QB does that. It’s nothing new. 

When I think about this team, I'm torn either using the 1 or 2 pick on TL or Fields, or trading it away. I can't decide which is the move that needs to be made. We traded up 3 years ago with 3 years worth of number 2's for Sam Darnold. I'm torn because while I agree the next QB needs to be on his rooking deal, a QB is not the first piece in a core to go after. This team is 2 guards, and a center away from protecting any QB, we get. We need WR's, we need a pass rusher, etc., and the likelyhood of trading for a HAUL is completely possible with the draft position I expect us to be in come 2021. While I still have hope for Darnold, I believe in JD, and I think with that many more pics, this team can grow in a hurry.

This torn emotion is also rooted in the fact that nobody knows if the Johnson's will let GASE go. Do you really want TL or Fields under the wing of AG...