Why hasn’t Gase utilized Darnold’s strengths in this Offense

Like when the team went 6-2 last year. After the team hit rock bottom last year and player and coach agreed to do some things differently? Where is that play calling and play making?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Did the Jets become a power running team with 37 year old Frank the Tank Gore??

Edited by DarnoldHomer

2 minutes ago, DarnoldHomer said:

Like when the team went 6-2 last year. After the team hit rock bottom last year and player and coach agreed to do some things differently? Where is that play calling and play making?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Let me answer your question with a question. What are these strengths that you speak of? Serious inquiry. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DarnoldHomer said:

Good questions

• Upvote 1

Stuck in a collapsing pocket. And then the defense overloads And crashes up the middle over and over and over since it works.  Why doesn’t the offense counter attack that defensive strategy??  Ok maybe they miss it during one game but over and over and over.  Started mid season last year against Pats. Where’s the coaching/player adjustments? 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, CTM said:

Near as I can tell Darnolds greatest strength is inspiring misguided confidnece in his abilities from middle aged men. This thread is evidence that Gase continues to utilize that strength 

Oh this will be a debate for the next ten years. Even when he is gone, people are never going to concede he’s just not good enough. He could be a back up for the next 7 years, he gets one start in 2028 and they’ll all come out of the woodwork.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Oh this will be a debate for the next ten years. Even when he is gone, people are never going to concede he’s just not good enough. He could be a back up for the next 7 years, he gets one start in 2028 and they’ll all come out of the woodwork.

I'm familiar with the programme. Gase sucking and poor roster are the only threads if hope they have left that Darnold is actually a good QB

• Upvote 1

I’m sick and tired of all these threads making excuses for Sam Darnold. Was it Gase’s fault Sam lead the nation in turnovers his last year at usc? Was it gase’s fault Sam sucked his rookie year under Todd Bowles? Let’s face facts Jets fans, Sam Darnold is a complete bust. He has consistently made bad decisions with the football for 4 years in a row. He is what he is at this point. A bad qb.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

I'm familiar with the programme. Gase sucking and poor roster are the only threads if hope they have left that Darnold is actually a good QB

Here’s a little secret: they can be right about Gase sucking and the supporting cast sucking... but that doesn’t lead to the conclusion Darnold is good. It’s far more likely that he just sucks, too.

• Sympathy 1

Because he is stubborn and stupid and therefore can’t and won’t adapt his “system.” You know, the “system” that Peyton Manning audibled every play?

He wanted Sam to fail knowing that Sam couldn’t succeed in this system (no one but Peyton Manning could), in hopes that the Jets would cut ties with Sam and let Gase get his own guy....which he wasn’t far off base, except he expected Gregg Williams to bail him out again this year.

Now Gase is going to take the fall along with Sam.

If you haven’t noticed a trend with Gase he is so toxic he kamikazees the players he doesn’t like. Won’t play them or won’t put them in positions to succeed.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, jgb said:

Here’s a little secret: they can be right about Gase sucking and the supporting cast sucking... but that doesn’t lead to the conclusion Darnold is good. It’s far more likely that he just sucks, too.

Yep that was my point. Gase continuing to be a potential.scape goat is helping Darnold at this point because Darnold sucks too 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, DarnoldHomer said:

Because gase is an awful HC and a bad OC that only gets any recognition because Peyton Manning ran an offensive juggernaut that gase somehow gets credit for. Every single person with half a brain could see that Manning was the anomaly for A Gase lead offense. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

1.  The Jets have the worst roster in the NFL and it's been injured beyond recognition.

2.  The Jets are tanking.

SAR I

Yet you've made up your mind that Darnold is no good (after saying in preseason he was possibly the 2nd best QB in the conference).  Plus you even waffled on that during this season.

• Upvote 2