So let’s talk Fields for a second

Bull

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

4th year Senior vs Sophomore (year 1 in new system)

why are we doing this again?

Yep, that is exactly what’s he’s doing while ignoring Lawrence looked absolutely pathetic in the National Champ game.  Embarrassingly bad, like didn’t belong on the field with Burrow bad.  

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

If we end up with the 2nd pick (missing out on Lawrence) if we have the right coach who believes in Darnold, I think you trade down and get the extra picks.

Build a roster and a system around Sam. But I wouldn’t mind Fields at all. He has a lot of Russel Wilson in his game. Accurate, moves well, good arm, strong, can run it but definitely not his first option.

If a coach believes in Darnold, then he isn't the right coach to hire.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

What about the white guys?

Don't turn this into a racial thing . Stop acting like a spoiled child. I gave my reason and you once again started the OMG outrage crap. I think if you want to debate someone you can do it without carrying on like a buffoon. Like hey Smash I disagree ... heres why rather than OMG your take is the worst ZOMG LMAO .

The biggest way we get to evaluate QB's is in big games or head to head with similarly talented teams. If Fields would have played like he did all year vs Clemson we would probably not be having this conversation but the FACT is he did not and that's what IMHO sets the two apart AT THIS STAGE IN THE GAME> That's not a terrible take on the subject . I made the Geno Smith reference because he had very similar stats and people were touting him the year before for the Jets to go after. Obviously Fields is much better than Geno so I'm not sure why you can't grasp what I said other than to talk about white guys. Also it was an answer to Scott and it was for a reason BASED ON STATS not color. So don't go there bud your better than that

4 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I thought the same. His game last week (first as a Junior) was night & day different from Sophomore film. Maybe he’s gotten stronger over the offseason. 

That one touchdown down the middle was absolutely fired. Certainly young enough to develop physically. Would make a big difference.

I do think he throws with good touch too which complicates things.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

You don’t even realize you’re comparing a sophomore to a senior, bro.  Give it up.  If Fields was white he’d be a god to you.  

No JIF you don't realize I'm comparing stats and you don't even understand the context of the argument you stepped into another debate not knowing WTF you are talking about. Fact is I respect your opinion on Fields and I think he's a talented player and actually a smart guy since I have looked up interviews as well as playing footage. If I have questions on his handling of pressure which he does not see a lot of why are you masking such a big deal about it ?

Just now, Smashmouth said:

Don't turn this into a racial thing . Stop acting like a spoiled child. I gave my reason and you once again started the OMG outrage crap. I think if you want to debate someone you can do it without carrying on like a buffoon. Like hey Smash I disagree ... heres why rather than OMG your take is the worst ZOMG LMAO .

The biggest way we get to evaluate QB's is in big games or head to head with similarly talented teams. If Fields would have played like he did all year vs Clemson we would probably not be having this conversation but the FACT is he did not and that's what IMHO sets the two apart AT THIS STAGE IN THE GAME> That's not a terrible take on the subject . I made the Geno Smith reference because he had very similar stats and people were touting him the year before for the Jets to go after. Obviously Fields is much better than Geno so I'm not sure why you can't grasp what I said other than to talk about white guys. Also it was an answer to Scott and it was for a reason BASED ON STATS not color. So don't go there bud your better than that

Thousands of college QBs have come through white, black, yellow, green.   Of all the QBs you used to compare Fields to, you pick Geno Smith.  Who he is absolutely nothing like at all. Why Geno?  Who’s stats you provided where from his Senior year?   Just coincidence?  Lmfao. Sure.

Meanwhile, Lawrence with his beautiful blonde hair, who plays worse competition, turns the ball over more and has a worse completion percentage is a god and makes “Better decisions”.  Just look at the Big game they played vs each other, (I did, every snap, Fields 2 picks came from receivers falling down and he was markedly better throwing the ball than Lawrence) but because he lost and threw 2 picks.  He sucks.  Meanwhile Lawrence proceed to sh*t his pants and look like a lost puppy in the National Champ game vs LSU but that’s cool. 

What’s the difference? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No one would argue that Geno Smith was the better QB prospect.  Period

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

Laughable.  Absolutely ridiculous take.  He’s Geno Smith.  I mean...

Dumb and Dumber ...Love ya both but guys I'm not comparing the QB's AT ALL ....if you are going to butt into another debate please read what and why I was responding to Scott Deirking.

Fact is and I know you both know its true I was pointing out the inflated stats of College QB's which we have seen over and over yet not come to fruition in the NFL hell we had not only Geno but Bryce as well and they both Sucked in the NFL but making a career of world beating College stats 

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

No JIF you don't realize I'm comparing stats and you don't even understand the context of the argument you stepped into another debate not knowing WTF you are talking about. Fact is I respect your opinion on Fields and I think he's a talented player and actually a smart guy since I have looked up interviews as well as playing footage. If I have questions on his handling of pressure which he does not see a lot of why are you masking such a big deal about it ?

Because you have no clue what you’re talking about and trying to act like you do.  And it’s very frustrating that you completely ignore something about Lawrence but yet you’re killing Fields for that very same thing.  

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Thousands of college QBs have come through white, black, yellow, green.   Of all the QBs you used to compare Fields to, you pick Geno Smith.  Who he is absolutely nothing like at all. Why Geno?  Who’s stats you provided where from his Senior year?   Just coincidence?  Lmfao. Sure.

Meanwhile, Lawrence with his beautiful blonde hair, who plays worse competition, turns the ball over more and has a worse completion percentage is a god and makes “Better decisions”.  Just look at the Big game they played vs each other, (I did, every snap, Fields 2 picks came from receivers falling down and he was markedly better throwing the ball than Lawrence) but because he lost and threw 2 picks.  He sucks.  Meanwhile Lawrence proceed to sh*t his pants and look like a lost puppy in the National Champ game vs LSU but that’s cool. 

What’s the difference? 

Holy Mother of God

Just now, JiF said:

Because you have no clue what you’re talking about and trying to act like you do.  And it’s very frustrating that you completely ignore something about Lawrence but yet you’re killing Fields for that very same thing.  

I gave Lawrence the Edge Im not killing anyone but you are making it out to be that way. Calm down take a breath and relax. 

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Dumb and Dumber ...Love ya both but guys I'm not comparing the QB's AT ALL ....if you are going to butt into another debate please read what and why I was responding to Scott Deirking.

Fact is and I know you both know its true I was pointing out the inflated stats of College QB's which we have seen over and over yet not come to fruition in the NFL hell we had not only Geno but Bryce as well and they both Sucked in the NFL but making a career of world beating College stats 

Why didn’t you compare Lawrence to Geno Smith? He puts up gaudy numbers vs nobody in a fool proof system.  Taj Boyd put up incredible numbers at Clemson.  Should we compare him to Fields and leave Lawrence out?

Do you prefer your QBs to have bad stats?

Why not share with the class the QBs who put up good numbers and continue to do so in the NFL?

5 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Lol. I can’t think of a single category or metric that Sophomore-me was better at than Senior-me. 

maaaybe growing pimples? 

maybe knowing WTF you are talking about in the context in which I used the comparison . Reading comprehension really is your friend when trying to make a point. Its obvious now you have no clue what I was talking about so I'll move on. Have fun :)

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Why didn’t you compare Lawrence to Geno Smith? He put ups gaudy numbers vs nobody in a fool proof system.  Taj Boyd put up incredible numbers at Clemson.  Should we compare him to Fields and leave Lawrence out?

Do you prefer your QBs to have bad stats?

Why not share with the class the QBs who put up good numbers and continue to do so in the NFL?

I'll go find a white QB that had 40 TDs and single digit Int's then out of the 500 I find over the last 50 years I'll pick one and post him here so you wont be so outraged.

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I gave Lawrence the Edge Im not killing anyone but you are making it out to be that way. Calm down take a breath and relax. 

You’re allowed to like Lawrence better, everyone does, he’s “generational” but if you’re going to use garbage rationale, I’m going to call it out.  

1 minute ago, JiF said:

You’re allowed to like Lawrence better, everyone does, he’s “generational” but if you’re going to use garbage rationale, I’m going to call it out.  

So watching Fields play worse under pressure (which he will be doing IN THE NFL) is garbage Rationale? Maybe if you said hey give the guy a chance he only had the one bad game I could be on board with that . Problem is with these guys we only have a very small sample size of how they deal with pressure. With that being said if the Jets somehow lose the first pick by being, well the Jets, I would certainly say lets start seriously looking at Fields as our next QB and I would root for him just as well as I would root for Lawrence. I do realize there is the chance Fields could learn to deal better with pressure in the NFL he's certainly capable and has the talent to do so.

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So watching Fields play worse under pressure (which he will be doing IN THE NFL) is garbage Rationale? Maybe if you said hey give the guy a chance he only had the one bad game I could be on board with that . Problem is with these guys we only have a very small sample size of how they deal with pressure. With that being said if the Jets somehow lose the first pick by being, well the Jets, I would certainly say lets start seriously looking at Fields as our next QB and I would root for him just as well as I would root for Lawrence. I do realize there is the chance Fields could learn to deal better with pressure in the NFL he's certainly capable and has the talent to do so.

Because your wrong.  He threw for 330 at 66%.  The 2 picks he threw, the receiver fell down.  How many bad decisions and how much pressure didn’t he handle if he threw for that many yards at that high of a percentage?  Lol. That said, yes, there were a few plays Clemsons pressure got him.  That’s kind of like how championship football goes.  Lawrence was worse on that day and it was very easy to see.  He struggled throwing the ball, like he did all season.  Entienne a few plays with Lawrence legs won that game. 

And Why do you keep ignoring that Lawrence had one of if not the worst performances ever a National Championship game?  He literally sh*t his pants.  Why is that not an issue for him but its apparently an issue for Fields?  That makes zero sense. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, JiF said:

Laughable.  Absolutely ridiculous take.  He’s Geno Smith.  I mean...

If you don’t get the difference between Smith & Fields games, their programs, the big games, the difference between 2012 & 2020 college football you should leave the thread voluntarily.  ? 

19 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

This reminds me of announcers and fans who say Brady doesn’t like pressure, doesn’t play as well rushed as if he’s the only one.  

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If a coach believes in Darnold, then he isn't the right coach to hire.  

If Gase and Douglas came here believing in Darnold what does that say about them?  Certainly there was no expectation on their parts that they'd be coming here, angling for a #1 pick and needing to start over with a new QB.

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If you don’t get the difference between Smith & Fields games, their programs, the big games, the difference between 2012 & 2020 college football you should leave the thread voluntarily.  ? 

This reminds me of announcers and fans who say Brady doesn’t like pressure, doesn’t play as well rushed as if he’s the only one.  

Reading comprehension is your friend. You have no clue WTF Im talking about you really don't. So in that respect you should leave the thread because Im not explaining it again.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Reading comprehension is your friend. You have no clue WTF Im talking about you really don't. So in that respect you should leave the thread because Im not explaining it again.

My friend is that I understand the QB position.  Beyond one game and highlight videos

Clue, everyone who disagrees with your QB for dummies review of bowl games doesn’t have a reading comprehension problem. 

Try reading it slowly, didn’t need a snotty remark:  “If you don’t get the difference between Smith & Fields games, their programs, the big games, the difference between 2012 & 2020 college football you should leave the thread voluntarily.” 

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Whether your point was to compare Fields and Smith or to point out how inflated college is, either one is absolutely moronic.  And @JiF is right.  You’re a total hypocrite.  You hold the stats against Fields, but bow down for Trevor.  I love Trevor, but I’m not going to sit here and pretend that Tajh Boyd didn’t have a prolific career in the same system.  Trevor isn’t coming straight to the NFL and averaging 40 TDs a year.  Fields won’t come in and drop 50 a year.  Why are you only attacking one of them for it?

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I don't care if you throw for 500 yards if you throw numerous Int's in a big game you lose. He also had a near Int in the game that should have been a pick six in his own territory. So yes it was the Clemson game and in that game Lawrence threw for 250 yards 2 TD and 107 yards rushing with another TD and he was Being pressured the entire game. 

Since the sample size of pressure games to non pressure games for Fields is small we don't have much to go on really. Just keep in mind people talked like this about Geno Smith who had a huge arm destroyed teams in college and sh*t the bed in the pros.

Like I said Fields is a great athlete the question is as it is for all QB's what speed can he process the game in the pro's and the same goes for Lawrence. At this stage I have seen Lawrence play under pressure way more than Fields  and its not even close so that's my basis. No matter what its always a crap shoot

So which game were you referring to?

55 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

maybe knowing WTF you are talking about in the context in which I used the comparison . Reading comprehension really is your friend when trying to make a point. Its obvious now you have no clue what I was talking about so I'll move on. Have fun :)

Oh no, I get it.  Do you get it? 

Setting aside their similarities... and I’m not touching race. Both Geno and Justin are strong armed athletic QBs, same size (6’3, 221), both capable of a great TD/INT ratio — you question the skill set translating to Sundays because Geno made poor decisions under pressure in the NFL, and you feel Fields’ might do the same because of one game. 

My point is that Justin can still get better.  

32 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Whether your point was to compare Fields and Smith or to point out how inflated college is, either one is absolutely moronic.  And @JiF is right.  You’re a total hypocrite.  You hold the stats against Fields, but bow down for Trevor.  I love Trevor, but I’m not going to sit here and pretend that Tajh Boyd didn’t have a prolific career in the same system.  Trevor isn’t coming straight to the NFL and averaging 40 TDs a year.  Fields won’t come in and drop 50 a year.  Why are you only attacking one of them for it?

your putting words in my mouth and that my friend is moronic. I never quoted stats in fact stats were thrown at me. Thats why I used the Geno analogy it was used to make a point that some of you can't seem to understand but I can't dumb it down further. Im done arguing with Idiots. if you want to call people names I can come back just as well. 

FWIW I never held stats against Fields I called out his performance against pressure in the biggest game he ever played in. PERIOD GET IT ????

Stats were thrown at me OKAY ???

Shall I spell more out for you ? also the debate between JIF and myself is not just about this thread so butt your nose in an argument where you know WTF if going on. The dumb on this board is staggering

• Thumb Down 1