Jim Harbaugh

ZachEY

10 hours ago, JTJet said:

You guys keep putting this impossible pedestal of Michigan success out there. They have only won 1 National Championship since 1958. 

They were not cranking out championships up to the time Harbaugh arrived. 

I think Michigan fans would be happy with ONE Big Ten title or ONE win against OSU or a winning record against Michigan St. 

The bar has never been National Championship or bust. I think a Big Ten title isn't too much to ask for otherwise what is the point of bringing Harbaugh in? To go 8-3 or 9-4 every year?

Brady Hoke, who was a HORRIBLE coach, went 11-2 one year. Harbaugh has never finished with less than 3 losses. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think Michigan fans would be happy with ONE Big Ten title or ONE win against OSU or a winning record against Michigan St. 

The bar has never been National Championship or bust. I think a Big Ten title isn't too much to ask for otherwise what is the point of bringing Harbaugh in? To go 8-3 or 9-4 every year?

Brady Hoke, who was a HORRIBLE coach, went 11-2 one year. Harbaugh has never finished with less than 3 losses. 

I can understand wanting some Big 10 titles, sure, I can also understand his record vs Ohio State, but it doesnt mean he is a failure like some are painting him to be. 

Nobody seems to be putting things into perspective. Michigan hasnt won a Big 10 Title since the days of Lloyd Carr, and that was 15 plus years ago. Even then, they only won the Big-10 five times in 13 years, and Carr lost more bowl games than he won, yet he is a legend in Ann Arbor for delivering the schools 1 and only National Championship. 

Harbaugh just started his 6th season and has virtually the same winning percentage as Carr. 

Not to mention the intangible aspects someone mentioned earlier. Players aim to go to the SEC/ACC schools before the Big-10 these days. Nobody wants to play in the frozen tundra of Ann Arbor. The winter/school season there is BRUTAL, I worked there for a year and do not miss it at all. 

Woody should already be talking to Harbaugh. In the meantime hold onto Gase till seasons end to assure the 1st overall pick. On black Monday fire Gase’s ass and make Harbaugh the new coach. Then Woody, Harbaugh and Douglas flies out to see T Lawrence and tells him this is the beginning of a massive culture change and that Trevor is the centerpiece. That should put away any doubts in Trevor’s head about coming to the Jets.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ruby2 said:

Harbaugh has proven that he is good, but not good enough. Same as James Franklin.

If your a college team its hard to let these guys go, because its super hard to replace them with anything better, but it's clear that they can't take a team over the top.

If we want to go to the college ranks, which I believe we should, how about Ryan Day? Why do I never see his names. Granted he gets the cream of the crop in talent, but he calls a great game, game in game out. Dabo and Saban arent leaving. Dont know about Day because he is never mentioned as a possible HC. Why not?

Not sure but my guess would be, he inherited a National Championship team and is really just executing on Urban Meyer's blue print and system.  Probably just needs to prove himself, recruit his own players and make a little bit of a separation from his mentor.

As for Harbaugh, I think you're right...he's a good probably great coach but for some reason he cant do it at Michigan.  Some guys are just better suited for the NFL, just like some dudes are just better suited for college...I think there is something real to that and it's because they are very different jobs.

I'd welcome seeing if Harbaugh could repeat his success in the NFL with the Jets if he was looking to get back to the league. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, maury77 said:

I don't have much to say about Harbaugh at UM, but he was a damn good NFL coach and I'd love to see him on the Jets sideline next year. 

This. 

I can’t speak on Michigan but I do know that San Fran was dumpster fire before he arrived, he took a career underachiever like Alex Smith to a NFCCG and made him into a solid game manager, then he took a flawed QB like Kaepernick to a SB appearance and used his skill set to make him a weapon. 

He has the personality to win in NY. He’ll be the jolt this franchise needs. With things going sour in Ann Arbor and the Jets inching closer to Trevor Lawrence, the stars are aligning for a Johnson/Harbaugh marriage....

• Upvote 1

Plus, he's gotten close to winning a superbowl but never won.

You can't ever hire a coach that already won, they don't have the fire needed to win again

This. 

I can’t speak on Michigan but I do know that San Fran was dumpster fire before he arrived, he took a career underachiever like Alex Smith to a NFCCG and made him into a solid game manager, then he took a flawed QB like Kaepernick to a SB appearance and used his skill set to make him a weapon. 

He has the personality to win in NY. He’ll be the jolt this franchise needs. With things going sour in Ann Arbor and the Jets inching closer to Trevor Lawrence, the stars are aligning for a Johnson/Harbaugh marriage....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I think the point of Harbaugh going to Michigan was to make it another dynasty, like OSU, LSA, Alabama, etc.  

Michigan can find a coach who costs half as much to get the same results as Harbaugh does there.  

Honestly, at this point recruits know he could end up back in the NFL.  Michigan also has the highest academic standards of the top, top football schools. 

Harbaugh belongs in the NFL.  That would be the best answer for the Jets, and Michigan.

Give Harbaugh a 4 year deal and have his lined up with JD, and see how the two of them do for three years. 

• Sympathy 1