Jets - Chiefs Game Thread

Maxman

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I agree. He rarely has a series of gimme plays. He is constantly having to make decisions under pressure or on his back. There isn't a QB in the game who excels while ALWAYS being under pressure while his receivers run the wrong routes. Does he make bad decisions? Yes, but he never can get into a rhythm with the cast around him. 

rickey smiley love GIF by TV One

Laughing Hard GIF by memecandy

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t get the angst in any of these games. How anyone is still emotionally involved is beyond me.

I’m basically just watching to see how dudes like Becton, Mims, Quinnen, Perine, Mann, etc look moving forward.

And losing....which is actually at this point....winning

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I agree. He rarely has a series of gimme plays. He is constantly having to make decisions under pressure or on his back. There isn't a QB in the game who excels while ALWAYS being under pressure while his receivers run the wrong routes. Does he make bad decisions? Yes, but he never can get into a rhythm with the cast around him. 

He can’t throw a long pass. Even when not pressured. He needs to go.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetluv58 said:

He can’t throw a long pass. Even when not pressured. He needs to go.

Let’s judge him on the three times a game he throws a long pass to one of his stellar wide receivers. I mean, the Jets have all-pro receivers out there, so I don’t understand why Darnold can’t connect with one of them.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I’m sorry but Mims has to catch thh JD st ball to be considered an elite WR

We have bodies swarming around the quarterback and a hand in his face. It’s like a contested pass. The least we could get are some contested catches. It’s early for Mims, but if we’re expecting a great ball to come out on target from a collapsing pocket on every play then we need wide receivers to similarly make the contested reception at the end of it. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We have bodies swarming around the quarterback and a hand in his face. It’s like a contested pass. The least we could get are some contested catches. It’s early for Mims, but if we’re expecting a great ball to come out on target from a collapsing pocket on every play then we need wide receivers to similarly make the contested reception at the end of it. 

I’ve seen guys like Hopkins make that catch 90% of the time

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Let’s judge him on the three times a game he throws a long pass to one of his stellar wide receivers. I mean, the Jets have all-pro receivers out there, so I don’t understand why Darnold can’t connect with one of them.

I used tone a Sam apologist. Can’t do it anymore. 

• Upvote 1

21-9. Jets ball. Not that this is acceptable but they’re in a better position than I thought they would be at this point. Even with a few mistakes, especially on special teams, this team looks noticeably different since the first half against the bills. Unfortunately, you have to throw out the entire second half against the bills. lol

• Upvote 1