Throwback uniforms....

Jet Nut

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Half right, the Giants wore their 70s-90s uniforms Monday vs the Bucs

Maybe they were saying that both would wear them in the next Monday night home games.

Come on, save my ass, lol

Maybe the NY Jets will wear the 1996 throwback uniforms from our 1-15 season. 

• Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

If you look closely, we are actually not

It's the same thing.  Same colors, same outlines, same helmet, just the stripes are different.  It's the essence of the loser 90's, just perfect for 2020.

The Jets gave you the uniforms you wanted.  Be happy.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's the same thing.  Same colors, same outlines, same helmet, just the stripes are different.  It's the essence of the loser 90's, just perfect for 2020.

SAR I

The new unis are a modernized version of the 90s uniforms and they aren't the same and they certainly don't look good.

On 11/1/2020 at 12:41 PM, Jet Nut said:

I thought I heard last night I that today is throwback Sunday for both the Jets and Giants, I assume most of the league is dressing up in their throwbacks.   

The good news is I thought they said the Jets would be sporting their 70s through 90s uniforms.  Does that mean we'll finally see the Klecko, Gastineau, Lyons, Toon, Walker units?  Instead of the Titans uniform? 

Its been a long time coming if true

Better than our throw away new uniforms which are cursed and need to be vaporized 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Thats incorrect. 

Sleeve stripes look way better than the wedge or whatever you call that thing, 

No shlt, they trimmed the numbers and neck in black and changed the facemask to black.  They changed the green of the helmet. 

I said its BASICALLY the same uniform.  Its not a different uniform

Why do you want to argue this for and then tell others theyre here to argue

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No shlt, they trimmed the numbers and neck in black and changed the facemask to black.  They changed the green of the helmet. 

I said its BASICALLY the same uniform.  Its not a different uniform

Why do you want to argue this for and then tell others theyre here to argue

No argument at all just discussion. 

I don't like the sh*tty new uniform. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/1/2020 at 12:41 PM, Jet Nut said:

I thought I heard last night I that today is throwback Sunday for both the Jets and Giants, I assume most of the league is dressing up in their throwbacks.   

The good news is I thought they said the Jets would be sporting their 70s through 90s uniforms.  Does that mean we'll finally see the Klecko, Gastineau, Lyons, Toon, Walker units?  Instead of the Titans uniform? 

Its been a long time coming if true

I’m with you bro.  I love the 80’s uniforms that was the uniform when I became a fan of this team

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

It’s a lame update.  If they were going old school they needed to go old school

The key is it didnt need updating, it only needed to be reissued.  The Jets were lucky, they've had two uniforms, the SB uni and the 70-90s uni.  Both are really good looking, both fitting for today.  Could just go back and forth, 10 years at a time.  

SNY got it at least half right, the Giants did it, they played with their 70-90s uniforms on MNF, with the underlined "Giants" on their helmets.  So all the "it wasn't promoted" and "you cant change the helmet" talk was wrong and they actually got it right.  Now lets see ours on MNF too

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

They gave us the uniforms we wanted, the football man (Gase) we wanted, and the record we wanted. We should be happy!

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I do but, at the rate we're going, we're on pace to dominate in the year 3025.

We're doing exactly what Bill Belichick is doing, tanking quickly instead of treading water, so chin-up, look forward to the future.

SAR I