Will the Jets cover? +19.5

Rhg1084

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

That’s a ton of points in an NFL game. Will the Jets keep it within 20 points? 

What has given Mahomes trouble this season has been pass protection - I do not envision the Jets being able to create the kind of pass rush Mahomes has faced thus far - unless of course Zuniga is the second coming of LT.  On the other side of the ball, I could see Spagnola throwing blitz after blitz and once again burying Darnold.  So yes I took the Chiefs.

Yes, Virginia, the Jets will cover 20 points

It's windy and the real reason why is that Andy Reid and Adam gase are friends.

We all look at gase like a but other coaches see this guy, see the Jets roster and feel legit bad

Once KC goes up 35 - 3 he will bench Mahomes and allow a backdoor

By the way the biggest line in nfl history was the Manning led colts over the chargers by 28.

The chargers lost by 16

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, LIJetsFan said:

Why are you asking? Do you thin KC won't score 20?

No the spread is -19.5. So that means to win a bet on the Chiefs they have to win by at least 20 points. If the score is 34-14 KC you win your bet on the Chiefs. If it’s 34-20 the Jets win the bet 

The line I'm seeing right now is KC -20.  The over/under is 49.5.

So basically Vegas sees a score of KC 35 Jets 15.  If that score holds up, I guess that would be KC's "revenge" for the 1986 wildcard game.

I think KC will go to a running offense (Le'veon Bell) in the 4th quarter but they'll still manage to beat us by at least 20.  Getting blown out is kind of Adam Gase's specialty anyway.

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The question really is - Do the chiefs want to cover?

They most certainly can cover if they wish to,  just a matter of how long they keep their foot on the gas pedal.

It's like betting a pre-season game, which becomes unpredictable once the Chiefs are using their waterboy at quarterback.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

No the spread is -19.5. So that means to win a bet on the Chiefs they have to win by at least 20 points. If the score is 34-14 KC you win your bet on the Chiefs. If it’s 34-20 the Jets win the bet 

It was an attempt at sarcasm the idea being the Jets won't score.  OTOH since you thought I was serious, thanks for the response.  :) 

• Haha 1

In general if you are making an ats play in the NFL over 14 points, get the clown makeup ready. Anything over double digits is suspect.

Vegas is not dumb. Last week the Jets were like 14 point dogs against Buffalo and they lost by 8. Vegas is already giving the Jets like 6 more points than they deserve

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

In general if you are making an ats play in the NFL over 14 points, get the clown makeup ready. Anything over double digits is suspect.

Vegas is not dumb. Last week the Jets were like 14 point dogs against Buffalo and they lost by 8. Vegas is already giving the Jets like 6 more points than they deserve

The Jets weren't 14 point dogs vs Buffalo last week.  IIRC, the number was 8.5.

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Wow, I stand corrected (at least somewhat).  The line ended at 9.5 (I thought it was 8.5 but I wasn't far off.  Still less than 10) but I had no idea it was as high as 13.