The Race To The Bottom

BettyBoop

Week 8 started out as well as we could have hoped for.  I suspect the Falcons will remain in our rear view mirror for the rest of the season as they will likely win a few more games.  One down!  The rest of today's games won't matter very much.

• The Vikings and Giants will lose this week and remain only one game behind (ahead of?) us.  The G-Men play three winnable games over the next few weeks and hopefully come away with a win.  The Vikes play the Jaguars in a few weeks in what should be a very meaningful game for the Lawrence Trophy.
  • The Jaguars remain the problem.  They have a win but may lose every game the rest of the year, while we may win one or two.  I think it comes down to the #1 or #2 pick.  If that is indeed the case, I wouldn't cry too much if we get Fields.  I think he will be graded even closer to Lawrence by the end of the season and some may even consider him a better prospect.
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Week 8 started out as well as we could have hoped for.  I suspect the Falcons will remain in our rear view mirror for the rest of the season as they will likely win a few more games.  One down!  The rest of today's games won't matter very much.

• The Vikings and Giants will lose this week and remain only one game behind (ahead of?) us.  The G-Men play three winnable games over the next few weeks and hopefully come away with a win.  The Vikes play the Jaguars in a few weeks in what should be a very meaningful game for the Lawrence Trophy.
  • The Jaguars remain the problem.  They have a win but may lose every game the rest of the year, while we may win one or two.  I think it comes down to the #1 or #2 pick.  If that is indeed the case, I wouldn't cry too much if we get Fields.  I think he will be graded even closer to Lawrence by the end of the season and some may even consider him a better prospect.

What one or two do you see the jets winning?

This new/aggravated shoulder injury of Sam’s is the perfect excuse to fulfill the tank.

Rest him up this week + bye and the week following the bye. Give Morgan the bye week to prepare.

I know they want to increase Sam’s trade value (“evaluate him”) by playing him... but it is only decreasing him and risking him to serious injury.

Shut it all down. Let all the rookies including Morgan play. Use Sam’s shoulder as an excuse. Of course none of this will happen.

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This new/aggravated shoulder injury of Sam’s is the perfect excuse to fulfill the tank.

Rest him up this week + bye and the week following the bye. Give Morgan the bye week to prepare.

I know they want to increase Sam’s trade value (“evaluate him”) by playing him... but it is only decreasing him and risking him to serious injury.

Shut it all down. Let all the rookies including Morgan play. Use Sam’s shoulder as an excuse. Of course none of this will happen.

Agree.  Still worried Sam can win against the Pats x2, Dolphins (most likely), and Browns.  Best to shut him down with a valid excuse because of his shoulder

6 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Do not let him play until we lock up #1.....afraid he may be able to win a game or two. Go with the sure thing, Sam and Flacco.

32 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Agree.  Still worried Sam can win against the Pats x2, Dolphins (most likely), and Browns.  Best to shut him down with a valid excuse because of his shoulder

Don’t forget the Chargers who just keeping blowing leads, regardless of how good Herbert looks.

I think New England will be us handily on MNF. It’s that last week I’m concerned about.

Dolphins and Browns as you mentioned are also very worrying. We’ll see, there’s still so much season left.