Draft Pick Lust

BettyBoop

Well maye be need to be paid before too long, so you think about it.  But i doubt we would get a good enough pick for him but safeties are easy to replace.

You do not trade Q unless you get a very good offer, if you do you make the deal DTs are easy to replace.

Crowder I would want to keep, maybe less so if Douglas had no botched part of last years draft by only drafting one wr.

• Upvote 2

2020 is this year.  2021 is next year.

Marcus Maye will be a free agent.  You could still sign him back for 2021 if you actually think he is worth it.  Crowder is signed for next year only and they save over $10M by moving him.  Personally, I think Berrios and spend that money elsewhere makes more sense if you can get a pick out of it.  Teams like SF are well in the hunt and super short on WR.   

17 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Trade everyone!  Get more picks!  Trade Q!  Trade Crowder!  Trade Maye!

What nonsense!  All three guys will help this team in 2020.  Unless the conspiracy theorists think Douglas is going to intentionally tank again NEXT YEAR!  More nonsense!  Trade these guys for more picks makes next year's team even weaker.  When do you draw the line in the sand and focus on building the team around a core?  Trade Crowder and who will Lawrence or Fields throw to next year?  Perriman???  J. Smith???  A healthy Mims???  Berrios???  Trade Q because he's not living up to a #3 pick???  He's a guy to build your D around.  He's getting better every week.  

The Super Bowl is not at the end of April!!!  Enough! 

So if a team offered us a first round pick for Crowder you would say no? What about a 2nd? or a 3rd? There is obviously a point where you would say that the draft pick is more valuable than Crowder or Maye. 

I don't think this is a firesale where we are looking to just give players away 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So if a team offered us a first round pick for Crowder you would say no? What about a 2nd? or a 3rd? There is obviously a point where you would say that the draft pick is more valuable than Crowder or Maye. 

If you do this what do you build on next season. 

The NY Jets aren't an expansion team. 

JD has to keep certain players there is no way in hell he guts this roster and this team competes next season for anything but another 0-16 season. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

JD has to keep certain players there is no way in hell he guts this roster and this team competes next season for anything but another 0-16 season. 

I remember hearing that about the Dolphins last year when the traded away their franchise LT and pro bowl safety. They were many years away from relevancy. Another 1-15 season was coming for the fish. Fast forward a few months and they are 3-3. 

Good coaching and good draft picks win games. You can rebuild overnight in the NFL if you hit on the right players in the draft like with Becton and hopefully Mims and next year at QB with Lawrence. Not to mention we can always fill holes via free agency. No need to fill holes in the middle of a year where you are tanking. Again, it's just not a smart strategy. 

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

What nonsense!  All three guys will help this team in 2020.  Unless the conspiracy theorists think Douglas is going to intentionally tank again NEXT YEAR!  More nonsense!  Trade these guys for more picks makes next year's team even weaker.  When do you draw the line in the sand and focus on building the team around a core?  Trade Crowder and who will Lawrence or Fields throw to next year?  Perriman???  J. Smith???  A healthy Mims???  Berrios???  Trade Q because he's not living up to a #3 pick???  He's a guy to build your D around.  He's getting better every week.  

Maye is going to be a free agent next year and almost certainly won't be back.

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I remember hearing that about the Dolphins last year when the traded away their franchise LT and pro bowl safety. They were many years away from relevancy. Another 1-15 season was coming for the fish. Fast forward a few months and they are 3-3. 

Good coaching and good draft picks win games. You can rebuild overnight in the NFL if you hit on the right players in the draft like with Becton and hopefully Mims and next year at QB with Lawrence. Not to mention we can always fill holes via free agency. No need to fill holes in the middle of a year where you are tanking. Again, it's just not a smart strategy. 

IF the right player becomes available for the right price you most certainly have to make the deal. 

28 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I would trade both Crowder and Maye.  Crowder is injured too often and yes he's only here for one more year and Maye is also has a checkered injury history and he's good but not great.  When you are starting from scratch you dont want aging and or expensive player who are replaceable.  Get some more draft capital, if we can three 2nd's for Darnold, Maye and Crowder you do it and pray that JD will select future pro bowlers. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

Frankly, I would be shocked if any of those three got traded. I think much of what we are hearing is merely media and fan speculation.

Well maye be need to be paid before too long, so you think about it.  But i doubt we would get a good enough pick for him but safeties are easy to replace.
You do not trade Q unless you get a very good offer, if you do you make the deal DTs are easy to replace.
Crowder I would want to keep, maybe less so if Douglas had no botched part of last years draft by only drafting one wr.

It was real easy to replace Jamal Adams

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The level of talent on this team sure looks like an expansion team. The only player who is a sure fire starter is Becton.

9 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Uhhhh...

Help us do what, exactly?

Side note: I'm on the record of wanting to keep Crowder, fwiw.

9 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Marcus Maye will be a free agent.  You could still sign him back for 2021 if you actually think he is worth it.  Crowder is signed for next year only and they save over $10M by moving him.  Personally, I think Berrios and spend that money elsewhere makes more sense if you can get a pick out of it.  Teams like SF are well in the hunt and super short on WR.   

cant we offer a 2nd round tender offer.  couldnt cost that much would it?

On 11/1/2020 at 8:32 AM, #27TheDominator said:

Crowder is only 27. I would extend him if we can. He can still contribute after the rebuild is mostly done.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Crowder is only 27. I would extend him if we can. He can still contribute after the rebuild is mostly done.

That's an option.  He has been having a pretty nice year when healthy and has half of our receiving TDs.  The argument against extending is that he makes a ton of money, is pretty much limited to the slot and isn't the most durable dude.  28 isn't exactly young in the NFL and he'll be 29 before week 1 of his next deal.  For guys that balked at paying Anderson, it seems weird people would look to pay Crowder, but he is an NFL WR on a team desperate for them.  I think he would take more than one of these player and a 7th for a 5th or 6th swaps.  

On 11/1/2020 at 8:15 AM, BettyBoop said:

trading q woudl be bad unless it got us two 1st rounders...crowder is a slot WR, easily replaced by literally anyone that can catch. Whats the big deal in losing him? only in this weird Adam gase system do you have a slot guys, rest of the league just lets the 3rd WR do it because they are not skilled enough to be on the outside. Here Gase has a dude that all he does is the slot, it is so stupid. 

Oh and Maye? what good is he really? a high drafted safety, terrible for contract money reasons along with the deminishing return on investment. Just get a guy in the 4th that does the same. Get out of here, Its a a fire sale everything must go!!

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The fact that it hasn't happened yet suggests it's not in the plans, IMO. The time to extend him was shortly after we traded Adams.

yeah the plan was to start building this team correctly and high priced safeties is not the way to do it. Damn it would be good to get a draft pick for him

Thank you!! I don't know when it became cool to over value picks but the gms on this board have been obsessed.

From trading down,.to trading, to comp picks. It's always about the next pick never the players we have

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

On 11/1/2020 at 12:04 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Good coaching and good draft picks win games. You can rebuild overnight in the NFL if you hit on the right players in the draft like with Becton and hopefully Mims and next year at QB with Lawrence.

Not to mention we can always fill holes via free agency.  Mosley says hi.

No need to fill holes in the middle of a year where you are tanking. Again, it's just not a smart strategy. 

Lol, we have to commit to building the offense.

On 11/1/2020 at 11:15 AM, BettyBoop said:

Keep Maye, Keep Q, Keep Crowder.

• Upvote 1

On 11/1/2020 at 11:15 AM, BettyBoop said:

I take offense to this. The offseason is the best time of year and whatever we can do to make that more exciting is what I want. All these old ass fans with their antiquated ideas that the actual season matters. When will people like you accept the new way of things?

get all the picks you can so we can mock the living $hit out of the offseason.  I can't wait to see what Becton is worth out there. 

Get a grip loser. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

That's an option.  He has been having a pretty nice year when healthy and has half of our receiving TDs.  The argument against extending is that he makes a ton of money, is pretty much limited to the slot and isn't the most durable dude.  28 isn't exactly young in the NFL and he'll be 29 before week 1 of his next deal.  For guys that balked at paying Anderson, it seems weird people would look to pay Crowder, but he is an NFL WR on a team desperate for them.  I think he would take more than one of these player and a 7th for a 5th or 6th swaps.  

I was just having this discussion.  Anderson is known for being healthy oddly enough. Crowder not so much. He's certainly quality, but he's been out half of the season. There is the thought that he would be on the field if we were playing for something, but still. It's an issue. 

I think JD let's him play out his contract but i doubt an extension will happen just yet.