Rex on ESPN Pregame Show Just Now

He was talking about Belichick no longer having the GOAT QB.  He said that BB "is just like the rest of us now".  Rex also added "You think I wanted to be 'ground and pound'?  Nope, I didn't have a choice".  He did add that he still thinks BB is the GOAT HC.

But I take that as a shot against Sanchez.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He was talking about Belichick no longer having the GOAT QB.  He said that BB "is just like the rest of us now".  Rex also added "You think I wanted to be 'ground and pound'?  Nope, I didn't have a choice".  He did add that he still thinks BB is the GOAT HC.

He's still regretting that tattoo.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yes but more so Geno because they hate each other. I’m sure Rex at least partly believes Geno got him fired...

He's not wrong...BB was a loser HC before Brady and now he's a loser HC without him.

Sure seems like if anyone made anyone it was Brady made BB, not the other way around and now NE is dealing with BB's arrogance driving the organization into the ground.  The guy cant draft for sh*t, so they're not in a very good spot. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, JiF said:

He's not wrong...BB was a loser HC before Brady and now he's a loser HC without him.

Sure seems like if anyone made anyone it was Brady made BB, not the other way around and now NE is dealing with BB's arrogance driving the organization into the ground.  The guy cant draft for sh*t, so they're not in a very good spot. 

Lots of football left but I imagine theres a decade + of Beli or Brady debates slowly being settled now.

I cant see the Pat's not rebounding though. They get to play us 2x for one

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Just being honest. Qb is more important than coach 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

Lots of football left but I imagine theres a decade + of Beli or Brady debates slowly being settled now.

I cant see the Pat's not rebounding though. They get to play us 2x for one

Define rebounding and beating the Jets certainly isnt an indicator of getting it back on track. lol

50 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He and Tanny CHOSE to go with a rookie Qb on those teams instead of getting a vet.  Fug Rex, as always, tries to shift the blame.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Define rebounding and beating the Jets certainly isnt an indicator of getting it back on track. lol

The optics of 9-7 is very different than 5-11 in terms of that particular debate, regardless of how he arrived there 

39 minutes ago, JiF said:

The thing that people do not talk about is Belli is a near OBrien like GM.

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He and Tanny CHOSE to go with a rookie Qb on those teams instead of getting a vet.  Fug Rex, as always, tries to shift the blame.

Rex has said Plan B was lobbying Favre to return if his preferred QBs were not drafted. Stafford went first.

What veteran QB options were available in ‘09-10 that could have replaced a then promising Sanchez?