Rex on ESPN Pregame Show Just Now

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

100000000000x better than Bowles and Gase. 

I think if Bowles had inherited the talent that Rex had, he would have had some success too. Bowles is just as good, maybe better, of a DC as Rex was. Bowles biggest downfall was KC Rogers...who was terrible and never should have been hired as DC. Also, having a bad GM didn't help. 

• Sympathy 1

Wrong.

Rex is the most successful coach in our history.

It was some talent, and his an lity to motivate. We won several games by sheer willpower. In the playoffs especially. rex's biggest problem was his discipline and his motivation techniques won't last for sustained periods

I think if Bowles had inherited the talent that Rex had, he would have had some success too. Bowles is just as good, maybe better, of a DC as Rex was. Bowles biggest downfall was KC Rogers...who was terrible and never should have been hired as DC. Also, having a bad GM didn't help. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, funaz said:

Wrong.

It was some talent, and his an lity to motivate. We won several games by sheer willpower. In the playoffs especially. rex's biggest problem was his discipline and his motivation techniques won't last for sustained periods

Spelled Weeb wrong 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Yes, and that is a very interesting data point.

Rex going 8-8 with Geno Smith as Belichick goes something like 5-11 with Cam Newton would be juicy. lol

And Geno having a perfect QBs rating in that Miami game.  It’s getting to be like coaches can only impact the number of losses just like baseball managers only impact losses.

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He was talking about Belichick no longer having the GOAT QB.  He said that BB "is just like the rest of us now".  Rex also added "You think I wanted to be 'ground and pound'?  Nope, I didn't have a choice".  He did add that he still thinks BB is the GOAT HC.

But I take that as a shot against Sanchez.

Ya think?

4 hours ago, JiF said:

He's not wrong...BB was a loser HC before Brady and now he's a loser HC without him.

Sure seems like if anyone made anyone it was Brady made BB, not the other way around and now NE is dealing with BB's arrogance driving the organization into the ground.  The guy cant draft for sh*t, so they're not in a very good spot. 

BB is a million times better at drafting than the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He was talking about Belichick no longer having the GOAT QB.  He said that BB "is just like the rest of us now".  Rex also added "You think I wanted to be 'ground and pound'?  Nope, I didn't have a choice".  He did add that he still thinks BB is the GOAT HC.

He’s right 

2 hours ago, STLuLu said:

You're on crack

2 hours ago, STLuLu said:

Toilets team defensive rankings as HC of the NYJ:

2015 - 5th

2016 - 28th

2017 - 22nd

2018 - 29th

Meanwhile, Rex's defenses were NEVER that bad. Even when he went 4-12. Safe to say you are WRONG.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

2015 - 5th

2016 - 28th

2017 - 22nd

2018 - 29th

Meanwhile, Rex's defenses were NEVER that bad. Even when he went 4-12. Safe to say you are WRONG.

Yeah, KC Rogers was the DC, smart guy not Bowels. Like I said, he sucked and Bowles should have never hired him for the job. Like I also said, Rex inherited better talent and more vets. 

10 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

2015 - 5th

2016 - 28th

2017 - 22nd

2018 - 29th

The vitriol on this site for our best HC since Parcells 

I guess that happens from watching too much ESPN talking heads shows

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

12 hours ago, funaz said:

Wrong.

Statistically Rex is the most successful Jet HC since Weeb Ewbank that’s simply a fact

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Watched it, he was savage! lots of shivs to the ribs, then shivs to the neck of lil bill.  would love for someone to post the video

In 2009 they were a win first O but they made the 2010 run on the back of the passing game.

Belichick is what he is, he was an average HC that turned into the "greatest" on the back of the greatest QB of all time.  Belichick is back to normal now.

15 hours ago, STLuLu said:

Yeah, KC Rogers was the DC, smart guy not Bowels. Like I said, he sucked and Bowles should have never hired him for the job. Like I also said, Rex inherited better talent and more vets. 

Mike pettine was the Jets DC not Rex.  You think Rex wasn't running those D's?

18 hours ago, STLuLu said:

Bowles had MORE talent than Rex year 1 when you factor in the GREAT WRs and a veteran QB.  He couldn't beat Rex and Buffalo to get to the playoffs despite the weakest schedule in memory.

Bowles was the worst HC in football.

If I weren't lazy, now would be a good time to bump old articles detailing the experience when he hand-picked Sanchez, or hand-picked myriad players around him, or when he declared we were going to be "ground and pound" before we even drafted Sancez.

Alas, what's the point... the cult of Rex will accept his lies, while those that know he's lying will go mad questioning how others don't see it. 

• Upvote 2

I mean as Jets fan I don't see how you can't at least have a little love for Rex and some of the excitement and relevance he brought to this franchise.   At the same time, anyone who expected him to not say "outrageous" headline grabbing things as an ESPN personality obviously doesn't know Rex.  I think he has too much pride to do this but I would love to see Rex try to go that Wade Philips route and go be a D-Coordinator for a few years on a good team with an offensive minded coach and come in to sort of "fix" the defense.  Again, not sure he would ever do it but I would be interested to see him coaching again.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

If I weren't lazy, now would be a good time to bump old articles detailing the experience when he hand-picked Sanchez, or hand-picked myriad players around him, or when he declared we were going to be "ground and pound" before we even drafted Sancez.

Alas, what's the point... the cult of Rex will accept his lies, while those that know he's lying will go mad questioning how others don't see it. 

I believe it.  He had a DC background and grew up watching his father's teams "win ugly".  Tbh, I love that style of football.  I wish it would make a comeback but I know the league prefers passing (I assume it translates into ratings).

5 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

I mean as Jets fan I don't see how you can't at least have a little love for Rex and some of the excitement and relevance he brought to this franchise

Absolutely!  Back-to-back conference championship games is nothing to sneeze at.  Plus the glorious clip below!  And if he only won with Mangini's players then why didn't we bring back Mangini at some point to either be a GM or scout?  (I'm happy with Joe D btw so not saying it's necessary right now).  

• Thumb Down 1

19 hours ago, STLuLu said:

When KC had to miss time and Bowled took over as DC the defense played much better if my failing memory serves me correctly.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Absolutely!  Back-to-back conference championship games is nothing to sneeze at.  Plus the glorious clip below!  And if he only won with Mangini's players then why didn't we bring back Mangini at some point to either be a GM or scout?  (I'm happy with Joe D btw so not saying it's necessary right now).  

brings a tear to my eye

• Upvote 1

On 11/2/2020 at 7:47 AM, nyjunc said:

Mike pettine was the Jets DC not Rex.  You think Rex wasn't running those D's?

Rex is an alpha male so of course he was running the defense. Bowles, isn't weak but he's not an alpha. Plus, when Rogers was sick Bowles took over the defense and they played a little better. I'm sure you couldn't tell but I did. But like I said, Bowles didn't have the players that Rex had. Rex and Bowles defensive philosophy aren't that different.

On 11/1/2020 at 12:08 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I Hate Feet GIF by Big Brother

On 11/2/2020 at 7:48 AM, nyjunc said:

Bowles had MORE talent than Rex year 1 when you factor in the GREAT WRs and a veteran QB.  He couldn't beat Rex and Buffalo to get to the playoffs despite the weakest schedule in memory.

Bowles was the worst HC in football.

Seriously? You basing your whole argument off one game? We all know Bowles wet the bed in that game, but what about all the games Rex wet the bed as the Jets' coach but you wanna give him kudos for beating the Jets' the last game of the season while he was coaching the Bills? All the good players Rex had when he was with the Jets were in their prime where all the good players Bowles had where past their prime or were bust like Quinton Coples and Calvin Pryor. 

• Upvote 1