Rex on ESPN Pregame Show Just Now

On 11/8/2020 at 1:25 PM, STLuLu said:

Rex is an alpha male so of course he was running the defense. Bowles, isn't weak but he's not an alpha. Plus, when Rogers was sick Bowles took over the defense and they played a little better. I'm sure you couldn't tell but I did. But like I said, Bowles didn't have the players that Rex had. Rex and Bowles defensive philosophy aren't that different.

Rex took mostly the same players from 2008 where they ranked 16th and turned them into #1.  The Jets D in 2014 was ranked 6th, they made a ton of huge moves that offseason and moved all the way up to 4.  The Jets D in 2015 was not far behind 2009/2010 talent wise.  

Bowles is a decent DC, nothing more

On 11/8/2020 at 1:43 PM, STLuLu said:

Seriously? You basing your whole argument off one game? We all know Bowles wet the bed in that game, but what about all the games Rex wet the bed as the Jets' coach but you wanna give him kudos for beating the Jets' the last game of the season while he was coaching the Bills? All the good players Rex had when he was with the Jets were in their prime where all the good players Bowles had where past their prime or were bust like Quinton Coples and Calvin Pryor. 

They had the easiest schedule I can ever remember, all he had to do was beat Rex and an injured bills team that was checked out already and his team was completely unprepared.  If we switch the coaches that day the Jets make the playoffs.

The talent was similar when you factor in vet QB and the best WR duo we've had since walker/Toon or Maynard/Sauer.  The difference was coaching and 2015 was the highlight of the Bowles era.

On 11/10/2020 at 8:37 AM, nyjunc said:

They had the easiest schedule I can ever remember, all he had to do was beat Rex and an injured bills team that was checked out already and his team was completely unprepared.  If we switch the coaches that day the Jets make the playoffs.

The talent was similar when you factor in vet QB and the best WR duo we've had since walker/Toon or Maynard/Sauer.  The difference was coaching and 2015 was the highlight of the Bowles era.

I guess you ignored the part where I said players being passed their prime under Bowles. I'm not gonna go through the whole roster because it was several or more players. 

You want to praise Rex for beating the Jets and keeping them out of the playoffs then that's your right. But first you have to give an explanation to what sense it makes to praise someone who had a 21-3 led at halftime against the Colts in the 2009 AFC championship game but came out in the second half with no motivation to keep his foot on Peyton's throat and move on to the Super Bowl, and why in the 2010 AFC championship game vs the Steelers didn't he rise up for the moment but instead allowed himself and his coaching staff to get out coached by a mediocre coaching staff (who allowed the Jets to hang around and even steal the game if they wanted to)? But once again Rex wasn't motivated enough to cease the moment despite the fact that his team had already beaten the Steelers in Pittsburg earlier that season. But, out of spite, he had the fire and passion to beat the Jets and keep them out of the playoffs because he was pissed because they fired him. How ass backwards is that? Where was this fire and motivation to beat the Colts and the Steeler to go to two Super Bowls? No one knows how history would have turned out if they had won one of those AFC champ games...hell what would history look like if they had of won both of those games. But I'm convinced we could have won at lease one Super Bowl.

1 minute ago, STLuLu said:

I guess you ignored the part where I said players being passed their prime under Bowles. I'm not gonna go through the whole roster because it was several or more players. 

You want to praise Rex for beating the Jets and keeping them out of the playoffs then that's your right. But first you have to give an explanation to what sense it makes to praise someone who had a 21-3 led at halftime against the Colts in the 2009 AFC championship game but came out in the second half with no motivation to keep his foot on Peyton's throat and move on to the Super Bowl, and why in the 2010 AFC championship game vs the Steelers didn't he rise up for the moment but instead allowed himself and his coaching staff to get out coached by a mediocre coaching staff (who allowed the Jets to hang around and even steal the game if they wanted to)? But once again Rex wasn't motivated enough to cease the moment despite the fact that his team had already beaten the Steelers in Pittsburg earlier that season. But, out of spite, he had the fire and passion to beat the Jets and keep them out of the playoffs because he was pissed because they fired him. How ass backwards is that? Where was this fire and motivation to beat the Colts and the Steeler to go to two Super Bowls? No one knows how history would have turned out if they had won one of those AFC champ games...hell what would history look like if they had of won both of those games. But I'm convinced we could have won at lease one Super Bowl.

REX could not handle pressure well. he is an outdated DC.  His true record was cemented when he actually coached Buffalo and they literally got worse, than got better after he left. He is a buffoon.  

• Post of the Week 2

14 hours ago, STLuLu said:

The team they had was getting old but they didn't fall off the cliff until 2016.  If Rex is coaching that team they make the playoffs easily.

The Jets led 17-13 at half of the 2009 AFC Championship Game.

The Steelers had a mediocre coaching staff? What? Huh?

Rex deserves blame for not having his team ready to go in Pittsburgh but losing to a great team on the road in an AFC Championship Game is easier to understand than losing to a dead team with a chance at teams first playoff appearance in 5 years.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

REX could not handle pressure well. he is an outdated DC.  His true record was cemented when he actually coached Buffalo and they literally got worse, than got better after he left. He is a buffoon.  

Different team after he left, they had some kept injuries that prevented a playoff run.

Rex coached 7 full seasons and had only 2 losing seasons.  Bowles coached 4 and had 3 losing seasons.

14 hours ago, STLuLu said:

You're not even doing your argument justice.  The Jets lost that game 30-17, which means we scored -4 points in the 2nd half!

On 11/1/2020 at 12:20 PM, JiF said:

He's not wrong...BB was a loser HC before Brady and now he's a loser HC without him.

Sure seems like if anyone made anyone it was Brady made BB, not the other way around and now NE is dealing with BB's arrogance driving the organization into the ground.  The guy cant draft for sh*t, so they're not in a very good spot. 

What's interesting is our new GM notices that BB makes plenty of draft day mistakes and doesn't allow some 20 year old resentment stop him from getting in the mix to benefit.  The TE that BB gave us 3 picks for is not exactly lighting it up. It's early of course, but that was a good trade for us. 

Got us Morgan it did  lol 

39 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Different team after he left, they had some kept injuries that prevented a playoff run.

Rex coached 7 full seasons and had only 2 losing seasons.  Bowles coached 4 and had 3 losing seasons.

He had talented teams and simply under achieved. NEVER put one ounce of energy in an offense.  He is a LOSER.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

He had talented teams and simply under achieved. NEVER put one ounce of energy in an offense.  He is a LOSER.  

A loser that had only 2 losing seasons in 7 full seasons s a HC-. One where he lost revis and holmes among others and the second when his GM was actively trying to sabotage him so he could fire him.

I wish we had a loser like that since 2015.

I am trying to understand how Sheldon Richardson, Muhammad Wilkerson, Damon Harrison, Demario Davis, Marcus Gilchrist were all supposed to be over the hill in 2015.   Revis was 30 and coming off a 1st team all pro season where he won a super bowl.  Cromartie was 31 and Bowles elected to sign him after having him in Arizona.  Coples and Pryor are considered busts now, but in 2015 they were considered good young players.  Coples had a few more sacks his first three seasons than Bud Dupree.

21 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

A loser that had only 2 losing seasons in 7 full seasons s a HC-. One where he lost revis and holmes among others and the second when his GM was actively trying to sabotage him so he could fire him.

I wish we had a loser like that since 2015.

Yes, you have demonstrated your love for mediocrity.   I understand your position. I would much rather have ownership the Baltimore who knew REX was a buffoon.

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Yes, you have demonstrated your love for mediocrity.   I understand your position. I would much rather have ownership the Baltimore who knew REX was a buffoon.

A buffoon who holds the Jets record for playoff wins.  We have seen buffoonery success Rex left but I guess you haven't been watching.  Too busy watching the greatness of NC State athletics

On 11/16/2020 at 6:53 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

You're not even doing your argument justice.  The Jets lost that game 30-17, which means we scored -4 points in the 2nd half!

OK, Kang. Thank you for the correction. 17-3...my bad...they had a 14 point led and not a 18 point led.

• Haha 1