Patriots are 2-5

kevinc855

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I can see it now:

Mumbles then trades Trevor to the Giants for Jones and proceeds to retire as 'HC of the NYJ' and take the job across the building.  

I can see Chris falling for it too. Them Johnson boys got vaseline between their ears and not much else.

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I can't fault him for that.  He loves that organization.  It would be fitting.  Probably would do it so the ghost of George Young would haunt him.

He won 2 games so he can’t get Lawrence or even Fields.  Giants are actually in a better position to get one of those 2

Cam Newton with no receivers is a glorified Tim Tebow.  

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He won 2 games so he can’t get Lawrence or even Fields.  Giants are actually in a better position to get one of those 2

Cam Newton with no receivers is a glorified Tim Tebow.  

The way I would see it happening is like Parcells.  Bill steps away so McDaniels takes over.  6 months later Getteman gets fired and Maras go calling on BB to save the franchise.  "I owe this franchise too much.  I still have football in me."  Yadda.  Yadda.  Yadda.  I am more interested to see how Saban goes out. 

9 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

The way I would see it happening is like Parcells.  Bill steps away so McDaniels takes over.  6 months later Getteman gets fired and Maras go calling on BB to save the franchise.  "I owe this franchise too much.  I still have football in me."  Yadda.  Yadda.  Yadda.  I am more interested to see how Saban goes out. 

It’s looking like that was the plan all along.  Judge is way over his head as a coach and the party’s over in New England.  If Cam gets a significant injury and BB has to start one of those other 2 QBs it will get  embarrassing for him

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

It’s looking like that was the plan all along.  Judge is way over his head as a coach and the party’s over in New England.  If Cam gets a significant injury and BB has to start one of those other 2 QBs it will get  embarrassing for him

Has there been any press talk that he's been tired of Kraft or the Pats?  You didn't hear much on Brady till the end.  But a few months before it happened everybody was connecting the dots.

Just now, pdxgreen said:

Has there been any press talk that he's been tired of Kraft or the Pats?  You didn't hear much on Brady till the end.  But a few months before it happened everybody was connecting the dots.

It’s not Belichick’s style to hint at stuff like that.  Heck, even 20 years ago he came from out of nowhere to turn a resignation letter in on a beverage napkin

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I could see it now. The Jets sweep the Patriots, end up with the same record, and the Patriots select their next hall of fame QB. Is this not the most Jetsiest thing ever?

This is happening.

Next week is our first win on primetime. Be similar to Cleveland beating us two years back. Similar build up.

The Patriots are genuinely terrible.

39 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

It's because of Newton. He is completely terrible. I said it at the time and it is true now. He is completely done. Not that I mind the Pats playing poorly, but I suspect it won't last.

But Belichick can win with anyone, it's not about the players it's about his system ??

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Ever notice Belichick made his reputation as a defensive genius by riding the greatest defensive player of all time and he made his reputation as a HC genius by riding the greatest QB of all time?  

I hate the guy, but let's be real.

The first 3 Super Bowls the Pats won, that was a defense and ball control team.   Brady's biggest pass in the SB against the Rams was a screen.  He came up with a game plan to stop the Greatest Show on Turf, just as he came up with a way to stop the Bills years earlier.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

But Belichick can win with anyone, it's not about the players it's about his system ??

Well Newton has single handedly cost them 2 games so far at least. Not sure Belichick lets that continue, though Stidham does not look good. Funny thing is that if we did not select him Morgan might be the starter for NE right now, they were VERY high on him from reports.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Well Newton has single handedly cost them 2 games so far at least. Not sure Belichick lets that continue, though Stidham does not look good. Funny thing is that if we did not select him Morgan might be the starter for NE right now, they were VERY high on him from reports.

They weren't though. That's a rumor....name has never been mentioned by anyone in NE...name was just "rumored" just like every other name was around draft time.

40 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Pats being a mess and a distant third in the division is not something I would have seen coming. Even after the first few weeks they looked pretty good.

Would be much nicer and more enjoyable if we weren't a trainwreck, but I'm glad they stink.

Just look at the record of last 16 games of everyone in the division...it's telling.