Darnold decision is easy!

Jetster

What makes you say that other than he was drafted high?

Darnold sucks

Maybe, but he is really young. I would bet on him having a solid career as he's only 22. Also, it's not true that any team is 3 to 4 years away. If we get the #1 pick - Trevor, with the rest of our picks, a new coach and the money/cap space we'll have we should compete for the division next year. Add Mosely, a top guard, wr and corner in free agency we will be able to fill out the team with our draft picks. It won't take a great team next year to win this division.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Maybe, but he is really young. I would bet on him having a solid career as he's only 22. Also, it's not true that any team is 3 to 4 years away. If we get the #1 pick - Trevor, with the rest of our picks, a new coach and the money/cap space we'll have we should compete for the division next year. Add Mosely, a top guard, wr and corner in free agency we will be able to fill out the team with our draft picks. It won't take a great team next year to win this division.

Young players can also suck. Darnold has shown absolutely nothing. It's over.

• Upvote 4

I think a good HC in a well run organization will be able to turn Darnold into a decent NFL QB, but that ship has sailed for the Jets.  The combination of him getting screwed up by their complete ineptness at every organizational level over the last 3 years on top of the shortcomings he was drafted with, are now too much for the Jets to manage and fix.  Drafting a more NFL ready QB and resetting the QB contract clock to year 1 is the only way to MAYBE get them out of this mess. 

I really hate this fu(kin team.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

What makes you say that other than he was drafted high?

Darnold sucks

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

He has shown flickers of elite talent in his first and second year. He is awful this year but the entire team is...does 0-8 not speak for that? Gase needs to go and if we land the first pick we need to give darnold a fresh start somewhere else too. Fields is not worth forcing into our roster because he will just end up looking just the same as darnold of we can't get talent around him. If we don't get lawrence we need to give darnold some weapons and finish the offensive line revamp. If he still sucks next year then move on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2

16 minutes ago, Jetster said:

If we end up at #1 or #2 in the 2021 draft taking Trevor Lawrence if we have #1 or Justin Fields if we're at #2. I was watching Steelers vs Ravens while watching Jets on my IPad. 

We are 3 to 4 more years away from even coming close to competing with the top teams in this league & Sam Darnold is just not good enough to compete at a top 10 level. His long ball is terrible, he doesn't see the field well and he's been David Carred. I don't care who is playing with you, to have 41 yards total in 4 quarters (last week + this weeks) 2nd halves, is almost impossible in today's NFL. 5 three & outs, 7 quarters in a row with zero TDs, forget rebuild, this team needs an entire do over including a new QB direction. 

Im saying it now, Sam Darnold won't even have a career as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick. Matt Moore is pretty much his ceiling.we need to keep losing with no regrets, as a long time Jet fan I'm 100% on board with the tank for Trevor bandwagon. This team is unwatchable, it's not NFL football. 

At this point I’m not sure there’s not even that many left in the “keep Sam trade 1st pick” camp. He can’t even throw a td pass 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

At this point I’m not sure there’s not even that many left in the “keep Sam trade 1st pick” camp. He can’t even throw a td pass 

Oh, they are out there. Watch what happens if he ever has a good game.

If Russell Wilson gets hurt and Geno plays, those dudes will come out of the woodwork, too.

No one ever admits defeat on the Internet, they just go into hibernation.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I’m almost thinking that way too.  He came after that hit and it clear his shoulder was bothering him.  I’m surprised he stayed in the game. 

Gase is a f*cking idiot Sams arm was hanging down, he was obviously in pain. But, does keeping your injured starting QB (supposed Franchise QB) in a game that your down 35-9 give you the idea this Coach/GM already know that Sam doesn’t have it? 
Like I said, they weren’t putting the future QB of the New York Jets in danger because he’s not going to be our future QB. 
I’ve seen enough, I’m sure a guy as astute as JD with a 6 year contract & no ties to Darnold sees the same thing. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Dear lord, some of you are clinically delusional.

Right? We might be able to put a young exciting offense together, Trevor, Mims, FA (Allen Robinson), draft Ettiene, move to get Pitts, these are the types of moves I see JD doing, but even doing that it will take 2022 with more picks & FA to compete for the division. 

25 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Look around the league man. 

Young QBs start right away and produce right away. It's never been easier to college QBs to step and in and play. 

You don't sit guys, you don't "develop them" for years. They play and they produce.

Exactly. Look at Herbert. Look at Burrow.

You can be young and bad. Darnold is bad and there's really no argument to the contrary.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I really get a kick out of all the GMs on this site. If you think Trevor or Fields, or any of the young QBs in the league now, would prosper behind this line, you are delusional. Darnold throws a horrible long ball I keep hearing, but when you immediately have pressure after dropping back, it is hard to throw deep. If the offensive line isn't fixed and the blocking scheme is changed, it doesn't matter who the QB is. Look at the time Mahomes had today in comparison to Darnold, that is a big difference. Any QB who is given the time to throw has a big advantage over one who doesn't, and I am not comparing Darnold to Mahomes, just the premise.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

If we end up at #1 or #2 in the 2021 draft taking Trevor Lawrence if we have #1 or Justin Fields if we're at #2. I was watching Steelers vs Ravens while watching Jets on my IPad. 

We are 3 to 4 more years away from even coming close to competing with the top teams in this league & Sam Darnold is just not good enough to compete at a top 10 level. His long ball is terrible, he doesn't see the field well and he's been David Carred. I don't care who is playing with you, to have 41 yards total in 4 quarters (last week + this weeks) 2nd halves, is almost impossible in today's NFL. 5 three & outs, 7 quarters in a row with zero TDs, forget rebuild, this team needs an entire do over including a new QB direction. 

Im saying it now, Sam Darnold won't even have a career as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick. Matt Moore is pretty much his ceiling.we need to keep losing with no regrets, as a long time Jet fan I'm 100% on board with the tank for Trevor bandwagon. This team is unwatchable, it's not NFL football. 

Saying any team is 4 years from competing is a old way of thinking 

12 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Saying any team is 4 years from competing is a old way of thinking 

Really? I’m talking about COMPETING for a Super Bowl, not winning games against Jacksonville, or a sh*tty Pats team without Brady. 
Watch the top teams in this league, we’re easily 3 years away & if everything falls into placed & we get a new coaching staff, draft Trevor & surround him with players. 
Our defense is a complete wreck also. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Icer said:

If Darnold had the best coach in the league, the best offensive line, and elite wide receivers, running backs and tight ends then it would be fair to criticze him

This is one of those arguments where you use the most extreme example to prove a point pertaining to actual reality. 

Looks like someone needs an explanation because they hate Darnold so much that their reading comprehension is failing now.

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

This is not a thing. If your 'turnaround' plan takes 4 years to just compete then your plan is a dud. 

compete with the TOP TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE

We finished last year at 6-2

How’s they relate to this year? It doesn’t, not 1 team had a winning record.