NY Jets trade Avery Williamson to the Steelers: MERGED

Scoop24

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think we all need to pull a Rip Van Winkle and go to sleep for a few years.  This team isn't sniffing .500 until at least 2023.

I think that'll depend mostly on who our new QB and new coach are.

It's a QB driven league. Find a good one, give him a solid coach/coordinator, add a few more additions to the offensive line, and a couple more weapons, and we could be competitive sooner than you think. Probably not Super Bowl bound, but exciting nonetheless.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

I think that'll depend mostly on who our new QB and new coach are.

It's a QB driven league. Find a good one, give him a solid coach/coordinator, add a few more additions to the offensive line, and a couple more weapons, and we could be competitive sooner than you think. Probably not Super Bowl bound, but exciting nonetheless.

The QB stirs the drink.  

Just now, MS jets Fan said:

Oh Max that's really optimistic my friend.    I don't think JD is a FA guy, he's rebuilding through the draft.   

They have like 50 open roster spots since everyone is on one year deals lol.

He doesn't have to make Macc like moves. But he will have to be active in free agency. I am all for free agency value instead of guys like Bell and Trumaine.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 4
  • Post of the Week 1

I wonder if Mosley wouldn’t have opted out we woulda traded him for like a 3rd. I like Avery but this team is going no where this year - better off trading for future picks and further ensure we suck. 

Best move they can do to to ensure the tank is keep Gase through rest of season.  

Darnold is sacrificial lamb and ya just hate to see it but he’ll get another shot somewhere else. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

They will be over .500 next year with Trevor Lawrence and all that cap room.

Who do you think the coach will be?

Giants fans said similar things about having Daniel Jones and Joe Judge this year, approaching .500.  Bengals probably thought Burrow would do something similar for them this year.  I just don't know if it's as easy as snapping fingers and saying "Because Trevor Lawrence."

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Who do you think the coach will be?

Giants fans said similar things about having Daniel Jones and Joe Judge this year, approaching .500.  Bengals probably thought Burrow would do something similar for them this year.  I just don't know if it's as easy as snapping fingers and saying "Because Trevor Lawrence."

Plus we'll get the next great 1st year coaching candidate who be mired here in mediocrity for the next 3 years ..

Wash, rinse and repeat

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

They have like 50 open roster spots since everyone is on one year deals lol.

He doesn't have to make Macc like moves. But he will have to be active in free agency. I am all for free agency value instead of guys like Bell and Trumaine.

This will be quite an undertaking for the organization.  Simply due to the numbers and how many roster slots will be vacant.  It's a huge opportunity but also a huge task.

Feels like the Jets will essentially operate as an expansion team next year, acquiring maybe 50% of its players in one offseason?

It might be smart to look for some midseason re-signings of quality guys at reasonable prices.  Get Jordan Jenkins a skinny two-year deal?  Maybe Brian Poole for low $$ again?  I'm thinking a Ryan Griffin type approach that JD took last year (hopefully with better results though).

• Upvote 1