NY Jets trade Avery Williamson to the Steelers: MERGED

Scoop24

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

How much do you think he'd spend for Ju Ju and Robinson if he wouldn't spend something like $10M per year on Robby Anderson?

Finishing 0-16 will change his ways very quickly. 

If you are in the #1 spot and are drafting a QB you damn well better get him some WR's and not the trash we have. 

I read the reason he’s trading for 2022 picks is to compensate teams cutting valuable players to get under the (decreased) cap next year. 

Kind of an effed up opposite of what we did for Bell- where we allowed him to pick his new team- we’d be forcing talented players to (have to) play on the Jets. 

half brilliant/half evil/half necessary 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I read the reason he’s trading for 2022 picks is to compensate teams cutting valuable players to get under the (decreased) cap next year. 

Kind of an effed up opposite of what we did for Bell- where we allowed him to pick his new team- we’d be forcing talented players to (have to) play on the Jets. 

pretty smart actually, instead of forcing teams to just cut players where they can go anywhere, toss out a later round pick and get some decent players.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I don’t get it- could you spell this out for my lil brain,

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Players that play offense.

Ftr, I wanted Robby Anderson signed.

So did Douglas, but we've reached that point of myths being repeated around here enough times that people start acting like they're true, forgetting entirely that the Jets were reported to be the high bidders for him this past offseason, but he ultimately chose Rhule over Gase... kind of like the Jets should have the year prior.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

So did Douglas, but we've reached that point of myths being repeated around here enough times that people start acting like they're true, forgetting entirely that the Jets were reported to be the high bidders for him this past offseason, but he ultimately chose Rhule over Gase... kind of like the Jets should have the year prior.

Yeah, that's a shame. I don't really blame him. Robby got out just in time, lol.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Are you the only Jets fan who doesn't realize he only had 8 games left on his contract, and wasn't getting an extension here with Mosley already locked in at a trillion dollars?

"Madness" would be turning down a 5th round pick and a couple million more in cap space next year for 8 more games of Williamson after starting 0-8. 

Also it's clear you literally do not know the meaning of the word literally.

Ah yes 1.5 mil? Chump change.

but nice try. Nothing says we couldn’t work out something with Avery 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

lol He was at least good in his prime, before he became a liability.

I agree in that you knew he set the edge.....that was always 100%.  Maybe that was a genius move by Rex.  Get a slow OLB who knows he's slow so he never leaves his post.  Then the 10 other men on the field can look any/every where else to eat.        

Just now, LIJetsFan said:

I agree in that you knew he set the edge.....that was always 100%.  Maybe that was a genius move by Rex.  Get a slow OLB who knows he's slow so he never leaves his post.  Then the 10 other men on the field can look any/every where else to eat.        

He was good at what he did, and that was plugging holes and wrapping up men.

giggity

• Sympathy 1