Draft Strategy

The Williamson trade got me thinking about trading players for picks and how to best capitalize on those picks. Do we start trading players for 2022 draft choices? Assuming the Jets are a 2 year project from here, would you have taken a 4th rounder in 2022 rather than the 5th rounder in 2021?

If we do accumulate say 5 6th round picks in 2021, I guess there are 3 things we could do: 1) use them all to draft players, 2) bundle them and use to move up in 2021, or 3) trade them for the 2022 draft higher round choices. Given where we are today, what's the best strategy?

3 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

The Williamson trade got me thinking about trading players for picks and how to best capitalize on those picks. Do we start trading players for 2022 draft choices? Assuming the Jets are a 2 year project from here, would you have taken a 4th rounder in 2022 rather than the 5th rounder in 2021?

If we do accumulate say 5 6th round picks in 2021, I guess there are 3 things we could do: 1) use them all to draft players, 2) bundle them and use to move up in 2021, or 3) trade them for the 2022 draft higher round choices. Given where we are today, what's the best strategy?

Trade them all for 2022 5th.  Then next year trade them for 2023 4th.  In 2026 we will own the draft.