Prophetic article NO ONE paid attention to, and it killed us

Why is this "prophetic?"  It says that Darnold's QBR would drop (it has) but that his rating would go up.  It was up mildly for 2019, but is lower than ever for 2020.  The whole point of the article seems to be that the QB should have good percentages, but limited success.  We have had all the lack of success without the empty statistical victories. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why is this "prophetic?"  It says that Darnold's QBR would drop (it has) but that his rating would go up.  It was up mildly for 2019, but is lower than ever for 2020.  The whole point of the article seems to be that the QB should have good percentages, but limited success.  We have had all the lack of success without the empty statistical victories. 

SHORT OF THE STICKS

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Gase sucks, but what killed us was 6 years of Idzik/Macc. 

I am not sure we would be doing much better with this roster regardless of who we had brought in to be Head Coach. 

I definitely get the sense we are finally turning the corner and doing this right but it will definitely take another draft or 2 before we start seeing results. 

agree and also add.... 

if we brought in a legit HC that would  have installed a QB coach and OC that actually would have taught Sam how to play the QB position and work on his fundamentals/mechanics we could be in a much different spot. Sam is worse today than he was his rookie season. 

There is a reason I said during the hiring process to hire for Sam, even if it is a small detriment to the rest of the team. If Sam fails the team fails. and what do we do? we bring in the worst HC/OC/Qb and player developer statistically in the last half decade that has now managed to crush 2 franchises.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

This article written after Gase Miami gig BUT BEFORE he had one Jets practice. If you take time to read you will throw up as you see how SPOT ON it ended up being.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2837130-stats-dont-lie-adam-gase-is-the-wrong-coach-for-sam-darnold-and-the-jets

“No one” paid attention to, huh? Oh really? Mmhmm. K. Sure.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Stark said:

agree and also add.... 

if we brought in a legit HC that would  have installed a QB coach and OC that actually would have taught Sam how to play the QB position and work on his fundamentals/mechanics we could be in a much different spot. Sam is worse today than he was his rookie season. 

There is a reason I said during the hiring process to hire for Sam, even if it is a small detriment to the rest of the team. If Sam fails the team fails. and what do we do? we bring in the worst HC/OC/Qb and player developer statistically in the last half decade that has now managed to crush 2 franchises.

smh, ya Gase would have been solid if he had a good OC... I am literally LOLMAO

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

smh, ya Gase would have been solid if he had a good OC... I am literally LOLMAO

i said a legit HC, to start the entire post... Gase isn't a legit anything. 

I hated that we even were interviewing Gase, didn't want to hire him. guy was and still is trash

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'd say because Gase has even less talent on offense than he had in Miami.  The OL here has been so bad that the pocket collapses very quickly much of the time. Darnold is shellshocked.  We have only 1 good OL starter going forward -- Becton.

• Upvote 3

Johnsholes got what they wanted. A guy desperate for a job who would accept whatever conditions our micro-managers imposed on him (assistant veto rights) and what is almost-assuredly below average NFL HC salary.

When will they learn that if you hire the right coaches, you don't have to pay 2 crappy ones at a time?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Stark said:

agree and also add.... 

If we needed to do that for Darnold then he shouldn't have been the #3 pick. Sure the Jets did him no favors with the constant swapping of staff and systems but you'd expect a #3 pick to be able come in and take control. I gave Sam all the excuses for 3 years but he's broken right now and it would be foolish to invest any more money in him. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stark said:

agree and also add.... 

Maybe you shouldn't draft a QB who has bad fundamentals, mechanics and doesn't know how to play the position to be your franchise QB?  Nobody is teaching the figure skaters who make the olympic team how to skate.  Maybe we should pick QB's who know how to throw the ball and play the position before handing them the starting gig?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

If we needed to do that for Darnold then he shouldn't have been the #3 pick. Sure the Jets did him no favors with the constant swapping of staff and systems but you'd expect a #3 pick to be able come in and take control. I gave Sam all the excuses for 3 years but he's broken right now and it would be foolish to invest any more money in him. 

That comment was made as when we were hiring 2 years ago and chose Gase. Not now. IMO no way you can trust keeping Sam. Kid is broken

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Maybe you shouldn't draft a QB who has bad fundamentals, mechanics and doesn't know how to play the position to be your franchise QB?  Nobody is teaching the figure skaters who make the olympic team how to skate.  Maybe we should pick QB's who know how to throw the ball and play the position before handing them the starting gig?

true. the fact that we chose to Fire Bowles and not invest in Sam was the mistake, that was my point. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

This article written after Gase Miami gig BUT BEFORE he had one Jets practice. If you take time to read you will throw up as you see how SPOT ON it ended up being.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2837130-stats-dont-lie-adam-gase-is-the-wrong-coach-for-sam-darnold-and-the-jets

Actually the manish article where the kid Nania predicted a complete disaster was pretty good too. And he did that using STATZ 

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

eh... I was a huge fan of Mahomes. I said we should draft him at 6. The guy needed refining and some instruction to be a NFL QB, no? People were knocking him for leaving the pocket too early, having erratic feet, can he read a defense (air raid offense), plays too undisciplined.

Im not saying Sam could have been Mahomes. I am saying we made every wrong move to ensure Sam didn't get the development he should. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Stark said:

agree and also add.... 

My concern is that they bring Gase back to complete the trifecta of harming QBs, with Lawrence...... 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Stark said:

eh... I was a huge fan of Mahomes. I said we should draft him at 6. The guy needed refining and some instruction to be a NFL QB, no? People were knocking him for leaving the pocket too early, having erratic feet, can he read a defense (air raid offense), plays too undisciplined.

Im not saying Sam could have been Mahomes. I am saying we made every wrong move to ensure Sam didn't get the development he should. 

Again I agree we have done no favors to Sam , but at some point a supposed FQB has to take the next step show leadership and stop making the same fundamental mistakes we are seeing regularly from him. Not being able to read a defense , holding the ball too long or forcing throws into triple coverage , throwing off his back foot. Some QB's with the extreme physical capability can get away with those throws ( Mahomes, Rodgers etc...) but Sam doesn't possess those high end talents. In addition on the surface he doesn't seem to have the fiery mentality that can grab the attention of a team.  Perhaps if all broke right he may have flourished here , but now unfortunately its time to cut bait. 

4 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, Adam Gase being a disastrous hire is not hindsight. Everyone with a pulse knew it was a terrible hire.

There were a lot of people on this forum who don't have a pulse. I recall a lot of downvotes for saying it was a stupid and ridiculous hire that was doomed to failure. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Gase sucks, but what killed us was 6 years of Idzik/Macc. 

I am not sure we would be doing much better with this roster regardless of who we had brought in to be Head Coach. 

I definitely get the sense we are finally turning the corner and doing this right but it will definitely take another draft or 2 before we start seeing results. 

Idzick/ Maccagnan, 2 guys that were on zero teams radar as future potential GMs

and we gave them what? 7-8 years

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Again I agree we have done no favors to Sam , but at some point a supposed FQB has to take the next step show leadership and stop making the same fundamental mistakes we are seeing regularly from him. Not being able to read a defense , holding the ball too long or forcing throws into triple coverage , throwing off his back foot. Some QB's with the extreme physical capability can get away with those throws ( Mahomes, Rodgers etc...) but Sam doesn't possess those high end talents. In addition on the surface he doesn't seem to have the fiery mentality that can grab the attention of a team.  Perhaps if all broke right he may have flourished here , but now unfortunately its time to cut bait. 

We are on the same page as far as the "time to cut bait" comment. no one said it wasn't. 

At some point when you draft a 20 year old kid to play QB you think your priority would be surround him with a group that can develop him. We never did... just hey man go win some games. Sam had, fire his rookie year. he was willing to play the position stand in the pocket, take hits and make throws.. but not investing in the line and wr's Sam is being David Carr'd he's gun shy and doesn't believe in what he see's. The bad coaching only makes it worse and it shows as nothing is done in this offense to try to make anything easier for him...  once gase took over we have seen a different "neutered" Sam. That is on sam to an extent. The system isn't really set-up for any QB to succeed by play call alone. We all see it... 3rd and 9, run a 3 yard WR screen. plenty of things you see in games show that. 

Not arguing its time for us to move on if we are in that position, and it looks like we have a good chance - also if we take Lawrence or Fields and we make the same decisions (i don't think Joe D will) we will be right back in same place in 3-5 years. why is the supposed FQB not taking the next step show leadership and stop making the same fundamental mistakes we are seeing regularly from him. Not being able to read a defense , holding the ball too long or forcing throws into triple coverage , throwing off his back foot.

5 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, Adam Gase being a disastrous hire is not hindsight. Everyone with a pulse knew it was a terrible hire.

The interesting thing and what few saw coming was such a disruptive roster construction and teardown taking place so quickly.  Huge $$$ spent on FA's like Mosley and Bell, bad draft picks like Jachai Polite set up the Jets to fail just as Gase was arriving.  Joe Douglas was then hired and he began to almost immediately subtract talent for the team, added few free agents who are contributing (due to injury or mediocre play) and drafted only one rookie who has contributed meaningfully.

Who really saw the team's talent level getting WORSE from 2018 to 2019, and then 2019 to 2020?

**** this noise. "NO ONE" paid attention to this article? I was shouting about his injury history, his offense rankings, and his efficiency and productivity metrics before and directly after the Gase hire in Jan 2019. All of you people who buttfumbled my posts should reflect on your Gase sins for eternal Adamnation.