Joe Douglas press conference 4:30 today

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, CTM said:

this post and the Shame neg repping it point to a very entertaining offeseason. 

I'm on  team #FireJD

How about "team reality" instead?

Douglas, with his 6 thousand year contract, is not being fired....  I guess we'll have endure funny fire JD posts for the next 10 months for no reason but entertainment.

The GM should not have a presser to say he is going to come clean and face the music and and intimate the coach and QB are fine and will be back even if he wants to dump them.  He stokes the fires.  You can easily give the old standard 'we are evaluating everything' and that covers you both ways but he did not do that.

Do not blame the fans for their angst blame the guy either lieing his ass off or really thinking the coach can be saved.

Give me bad news, give me no news, but don't fing lie to me.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase only gets fired if a) the locker room implodes in the last 8 games or b) Trevor Lawrence's handlers get the word to CJ that he won't come to the team if Gase is the HC.

If not for those two things, Adam Gase is certainly coming back next season.

SAR I

Or if the fans fly another plane.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

1190309901.jpg.0.jpg

"You heard it clearly, Gase isn't going anywhere, get used to it people."

--Michael Kay

Jets will never win anything of substance with Gase as HC. 

Hopeless franchise will remain a loser with loser head coach for whom players have historically played at their career worst.   

Rooting for him to stay is as horrible as it gets. Outside of politics that is.

• Upvote 2

Watching the conference now. JD is not a good liar. I think he's a good, honest, hard working guy who has never had to do this kind of stuff before. Tough position to be in. But yes, bold faced liar. He 100% knows the gameplan for 2021. Just can't be open or honest.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

If Gase is back, I'm gone. 

This franchise is trash and not worth our time, energy, emotion, or money.

When The Mets hired Terry Collins, I refused to watch them.  It took years for them to get competitive but even then, I just cringed during every game he managed them.  If Gase is back, it will be very hard to root for this team to win. To lose, probably easy but to win, NAH.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I agree with all of that. I do think CJ would like for Woody to come back and fire Gase for him though. Some small way to save face or something. 

Maybe the next POTUS can make Gase the new US Ambassador to Great Britain!

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase only gets fired if a) the locker room implodes in the last 8 games or b) Trevor Lawrence's handlers get the word to CJ that he won't come to the team if Gase is the HC.

If not for those two things, Adam Gase is certainly coming back next season.

SAR I

I think the odds of one or both of those happening is very high.

I think many of the view that this is Gase’ last season as HC of the NYJ are assuming that one or both of these happen.,  

There is no way if I am Trevor Lawrence that I don’t make noise that I will not play for Gase.  No way.  Worse thing that happens is that I get picked and make $30mm anyway.

30 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Jets will never win anything of substance with Gase as HC. 

Hopeless franchise will remain a loser with loser head coach for whom players have historically played at their career worst.   

Rooting for him to stay is as horrible as it gets. Outside of politics that is.

No no no.  Don’t misunderstand. I don’t see Gase here when we are ready to win and compete for playoff berths. 

I want Gase here now and next year because he is handling the rebuild brilliantly.  He got Maccagnan fired, he got Glat fired, he got Douglas hired, he got malcontents traded, he’s the one target, he’s keeping all the heat off of the players, GM, and owner so they can gut us deeply and rebuild this thing in record time.  Gase is good at this.  Really good. 

If you want the rebuild to go quickly, shave a full year off the timeline to get back to the playoffs by 2023, you want Gase here in 2021 taking all the body blows.  That gets a far better candidate and with a clean pocket.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Thank you, Joe.

I'm glad you can admit that the OL and WR group has barely improved, if it's improved at all.  The Jets threw FA money at 5 OLinemen and two WRs, and used his #1 and #2 picks on those positions.  They've all either underperformed or been unavailable, except for Becton.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Yeah JD walked in the building and realized these guys stink.

JD has already changed 80% of the guys in the building though.

Pull up the Jets roster, go down the list and ask whether each guy was either Drafted, signed in FA, or re-signed by Joe Douglas.  The majority of the team is his.  Just looking at the O depth chart (this was before Mims came back from injury and doesn't include other JD guys like Chris Hogan, Cameron Clark, etc.)  Red are the holdovers from before JD.  Everyone else is his. (And Edoga counted twice because he backs up two spots).

1432793898_ScreenShot2020-10-27at12_04_26PM.png.ac92327e70a219f87db0a536cd785467.png

• Upvote 1