Joe Douglas press conference 4:30 today

Rhg1084

I mean I get it. JD was basically hired by Gase.  He wont stab him in the back BUT at some point you have to assert your authority and stand up or just get the FCK out. I'd rather have my dignity than be a puppet. JD could have at least said some run of the mill statement that holds some water and have some chutzpa, like, "I'm evaluating the team, the coaching staff, the QB, and the players. It starts and ends with me and changes will of course be made.  Everyone has to get this straightened out including myself'.  Did he do that? NOOOOOOOOOO.  JD you nuthin but a ......

pupet.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I mean I get it. JD was basically hired by Gase.  He wont stab him in the back BUT at some point you have to assert your authority and stand up or just get the FCK out. I'd rather have my dignity than be a puppet. JD could have at least said some run of the mill statement that holds some water and have some chutzpa, like, "I'm evaluating the team, the coaching staff, the QB, and the players. It starts and ends with me and changes will of course be made.  Everyone has to get this straightened out including myself'.  Did he do that? NOOOOOOOOOO.  JD you nuthin but a ......

pupet.jpg

What the hell is that a JD puppet? Or is that a @T0mShane puppet? 

Blah Blah Blah Sock Puppet GIF by Your Happy WorkplaceTotally disappointed by JD and this patronizing corporate speak.    So basically he said I got in way over my head with this GM move.    So now it's just playing the rookies and hope they can grow together.   He may try and trade the #1 and convert it to 2 more #1's and 2 mid rounders.   Backing Gase is not a good look!

• Upvote 2

Just now, peebag said:

It would be sooooooooooooooooo Jetsy to retain Gase.

I can't wait to see this forum when it's announced.

Exactly what I've been saying.  I've already come to grips with Gase as HC next season.  Not happy, but know that it's a lock.  I can't wait to read the board on that day.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

23 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Has it been announced that Woody is definitely coming back. Remember he has the agreement with the NFL that he can't be involved oin the teams operations while working the overseas job.. 

I haven't heard that. It's just an assumption on my part

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The level of stock put into these press conferences always baffles me. He said exactly what anybody should have expected him to say.

The one thing that stood out was the level of transparency regarding Robby Anderson. That was really cool to have put out there and it's good to know that he acknowledges he ****ed up there.

THank you.  This is my opinion exactly. 

1 hour ago, MS jets Fan said:

Blah Blah Blah Sock Puppet GIF by Your Happy WorkplaceTotally disappointed by JD and this patronizing corporate speak.    So basically he said I got in way over my head with this GM move.    So now it's just playing the rookies and hope they can grow together.   He may try and trade the #1 and convert it to 2 more #1's and 2 mid rounders.   Backing Gase is not a good look!

Does anyone else get stiff every time they see a hand puppet? Yeah, me either. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Icer said:

JD is a pro, you wont glean any real insight from a conference like this

JD doesn't look like a pro to me.  He looks green.

I'm sure he's a great scout and a good player evaluator, he'll grow into a good one and hopefully is a keeper.  But he's no front office Alpha.  Adam Gase is an animal.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

One thing I will tell about Joe Douglas.  He gave glowing Jet for Life endorsement for Adams.  Gone.  He gave glowing Jet for Life endorsement for Robby.  Gone.  He gave glowing endorsement for Bell.  Gone.  Don't believe everything he tells you.  He seems to do the exact opposite.

Seems an endorsement from JD is actually the kiss of death, I hope this remains consistent with Gase

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Gase is getting fired black Monday, book it. JD’s best chance to tank is Gase.

Gase only gets fired if a) the locker room implodes in the last 8 games or b) Trevor Lawrence's handlers get the word to CJ that he won't come to the team if Gase is the HC.

If not for those two things, Adam Gase is certainly coming back next season.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pointman said:

This team needs a fresh start. New coaches. New QB. New GM. New owner. New location. New name. Everything. Send this bitch to Utica and call it the Utica Trashbots or whatever.

Dear Mr. Pointman,

Thanks for considering us, but we are definitely NOT interested. They’re your problem. 

Sincerely,

Utica

• Haha 1

I find it lowkey insane that people here don't understand that these GM appearances are a dog and pony show. The fact that people here are judging the content of what he is saying about Gase/Darnold is hilarious. 

JD might suck as a GM... But trying to criticize his answers and talking points today is so dumb. Only thing you can determine from today, was how good Joe Douglas was at "Being a GM" (going through the motions). He followed the mold, said what he had to... 

Christopher Johnson and JD probably wrote the statement together lol

• Upvote 2