McCarthy

1 hour ago, bgivs21 said:

If McCarthy came in here and had Darnold and the offense playing at the same level that Dak and their offense was playing at, we would all collectively cream our pants. 

Dallas' offense was playing at a high level long before Mike McCarthy and will continue to do so after him.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

McCarty has had Dak and Elliot out for substantial time this year. By all accounts Dak was looking good under the few games he played under McCarthy.

I didn’t want McCarthy...he was my second to last choice from our candidate pool, (Gase being dead last).

The one thing I did say about McCarthy back then was that he would be the easy and safe choice, and that he would develop Sam into a pro bowl caliber quarterback. He would not have won a super bowl here, or been the long term answer. But he would have had Sam in the right direction for 2-3 years with 8-8/9-7 meh seasons each year. That was my guess, and my expectation about what CJ would have done.

McCarthy’s time as a top coach is up in this league. But I do believe Sam would have developed well under him.

McCarthy has been without Dak what 2 games?  When was Elliot out?  He has two wins and they both were gifts.  With the best team in that division by far. 

His team is in turmoil, they’ve admitted to quitting, they’re squabbling publicly about McCarthy.  
He sucks, he like Gase is exactly what people said he was on his last job.  

Either hire would have turned out badly

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

McCarthy has been without Dak what 2 games?  When was Elliot out?  He has two wins and they both were gifts.  With the best team in that division by far. 

His team is in turmoil, they’ve admitted to quitting, they’re squabbling publicly about McCarthy.  
He sucks, he like Gase is exactly what people said he was on his last job.  

Either hire would have turned out badly

He’s been without Dak 3 games. Without Dalton now too because of a dirty hit. Elliot has not been injured but the entire starting O-line is injured with the exception of Zack Martin

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

A lot of guys here wanted him over Gase.   He is now 2-6 despite Prescott and Elliott and a host of receivers.   Not defending Gase at all, but do the guys that wanted him still think he would have been a better choice?  Or just another sh*tty choice?

He would have been less cringe-inducing in press conferences. But he’s a bit dull and long in the tooth. Wish we had Gruden. 

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

A lot of guys here wanted him over Gase.   He is now 2-6 despite Prescott and Elliott and a host of receivers.   Not defending Gase at all, but do the guys that wanted him still think he would have been a better choice?  Or just another sh*tty choice?

If you're not defending Gase, what is the point of the thread?

We're the worst team in the NFL at 0-8, after starting last year 1-7, with a two-year historically bad Offense.

Literally anyone "would have been better", even you or me.

Does that mean McCarthey is any good?  Nope.  But he couldn't have been worse either....unless he figured out how to earn two losses per game instead of one, and didn't field an Offense at all.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Post your evidence that Mac wasn't getting fired unless Gase did something.

Gase arrived.  Macc was fired post-draft, after Gase was seen visibly unhappy and distancing himself from the GM at the draft.

"Johnson citing a lack of synergy between Gase and Maccagnan as one of the reasons." 

Gase was named interim GM.  Gase's first move was to trade away one of Macc's many failures, Darron Lee.

There was also this:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/after-jets-fire-gm-mike-maccagnan-report-claims-adam-gase-did-not-want-to-sign-leveon-bell/

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Falcons would have a winning record and probably on their way to the playoffs if they didn’t accidentally blow leads late in 3 games this year.  They don’t stink

As Jets fans, having watched our team get blown out early in just about every game, we have been re-wired to believe that being competitive late in games and going 2-6 is somehow a sign of a decent team. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

As Jets fans, having watched our team get blown out early in just about every game, we have been re-wired to believe that being competitive late in games and going 2-6 is somehow a sign of a decent team. 

No I just watch the games.  You don’t 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

McCarthy being trash doesn't make Gase good. 

Just like quarterback X being trash doesn't make Darnold good. 

Who is saying Gase is good? 

Even back when Gase was fired, his most ardent supporters merely said we should give him a shot. Conversely, there were plenty on this board acting as if McCarthy was the no-brainer, former super bowl winning HC we MUST get. Those were the ones who didn't realize everyone in GB wanted him out and shortly everyone in Dallas will want him out. 

The scale for coaching isn't "If you are better than Gase, you are good." 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Who is saying Gase is good? 

Even back when Gase was fired, his most ardent supporters merely said we should give him a shot. Conversely, there were plenty on this board acting as if McCarthy was the no-brainer, former super bowl winning HC we MUST get. Those were the ones who didn't realize everyone in GB wanted him out and shortly everyone in Dallas will want him out. 

The scale for coaching isn't "If you are better than Gase, you are good." 

Agreed. 

And I wasn't one of the McCarthy guys. I live in Wisconsin - Every Packer fan I knew wanted him out. 

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yes, because everything Johnson says on the matter is to be believed at face value.

Then explain what changed between the end of the 2018 season and the end of the 2018-19 offseason that led to Macc's firing.  Was it a sudden epiphany or stroke of genius from Chris Johnson?  Was he visited by 3 ghosts the night before? 

Macc was so bad he was fired after the '19 draft, but not bad enough after the '18 season and given the chance to have yet another ruinous, full offseason?  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Explain what changed between the end of the 2018 season and the end of the 2019 draft then that led to Macc's firing.  Was it a sudden epiphany or stroke of genius from Chris Johnson?  Was he visited by 3 ghosts the night before?

The truth is no one knows. You guys acting like you know Gase caused the Mac firing are full of sh*t.

Johnson could have had this planned after the draft all along.

Even if he DID have a hand in getting Mac fired it has nothing to do with his abilities as a head coach, which is clearly less than any head coach in the history of American football.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The truth is no one knows. You guys acting like you know Gase caused the Mac firing are full of sh*t.

Even if he DID have a hand in getting Mac fired it has nothing to do with his abilities as a head coach, which is clearly less than any head coach in the history of American football.

No one knows.  No one has a clue.  Other than, you know, the reasons that were explained by multiple national and local journalists that suggested Gase played a significant role in it, and subsequently the fact that Gase was allowed to hold the Interim GM role for a period and even make a trade.  Then, they hired the guy Gase recommended for the job.

Surely, in light of all of that evidence, Gase had no power or sway with the Johnson's.  None.

Suddenly the Johnson's, who never have demonstrated they have a plan for two decades, seemingly overnight came up with this great plan to fire Maccagnan AFTER the draft.  And executed it to perfection.  

Yes, that all makes total sense.

45 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Ok so you think Chris and Woody out of nowhere just realized a month after the 2019 draft that Mac was a crappy GM?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

McCarty has had Dak and Elliot out for substantial time this year. By all accounts Dak was looking good under the few games he played under McCarthy.

I didn’t want McCarthy...he was my second to last choice from our candidate pool, (Gase being dead last).

The one thing I did say about McCarthy back then was that he would be the easy and safe choice, and that he would develop Sam into a pro bowl caliber quarterback. He would not have won a super bowl here, or been the long term answer. But he would have had Sam in the right direction for 2-3 years with 8-8/9-7 meh seasons each year. That was my guess, and my expectation about what CJ would have done.

McCarthy’s time as a top coach is up in this league. But I do believe Sam would have developed well under him.

To go somewhere else and win it all. You forgot that part. 

45 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So you think there is a legitimate possibility that Chris Johnson had planned to let Macc run the 2019 Draft and FA period, giving millions in guaranteed money to Mosley and Bell, only to fire him a couple of months later? 

For all of our sakes, I sure hope not. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

He’s been without Dak 3 games. Without Dalton now too because of a dirty hit. Elliot has not been injured but the entire starting O-line is injured with the exception of Zack Martin

Big deal, he should have gone winless with him.  
He’s been a nightmare.  You want to defend him, good for you

4 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

If McCarthy came in here and had Darnold and the offense playing at the same level that Dak and their offense was playing at, we would all collectively cream our pants. 

Thak you!

The Jets are so far away from the fourth best NFL offense its a joke!

The Jets gained less than 70 yards in a half the other day!

McCarthy???

Gase is working on being the worst NFL HC in NFL History!!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thak you!

The Jets are so far away from the fourth best NFL offense its a joke!

The Jets gained less than 70 yards in a half the other day!

McCarthy???

Gase is working on being the worst NFL HC in NFL History!!

Who isn’t Vince Lombardi compared to Gase?

• Haha 1