McCarthy

4 hours ago, varjet said:

A college coach wanting to hire a staff of college coaches after the experience of Bowles and the staff that he hired.  

I think the Rhule and Kingsbury hire look great in retrospect, but the college coaches in the NFL experience has not historically been great.  But I think in the future we are going to see more of that.  It actually does not make much sense for a university to pay its HC more than an NFL team would-it obviously makes sense because colleges make money off of football, but so does the NFL. 

Historically any coaching hire has not been great. Good ones are hard to find 

On 11/3/2020 at 11:27 AM, AFJF said:

I think Gase and McCarthy were the last two guys I wanted.  Gase has never been any good and McCarthy was let go in GB for mailing it in.

It should've been Rhule or Monken all along.

Ruhle is gone.  Go get Monken.

Dude you have to stop trying to make fetch happen with Monken lol.

Isn't he a college offensive coordinator? A promotion for him would be college O\C. No way they can sell tickets by hiring him and that is the main selection criteria.  :)

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Dude you have to stop trying to make fetch happen with Monken lol.

Isn't he a college offensive coordinator? A promotion for him would be college O\C. No way they can sell tickets by hiring him and that is the main selection criteria.  :)

He's a former NFL OC/QB coach with the Bucs who has college HC experience.  He's an OC at Georgia right now 

When he took over at Southern Miss as their head coach, they were coming off of an 0-12 season.  By his third year they were 9-5 before Tampa Bay brought him to the NFL.  With the Bucs, Jameis Winston improved statistically in almost every category three years in a row under Monken.

Now at Georgia he has the Bulldogs averaging 29.2 PPG and earning more rave reviews.

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/todd-monken-offense-evaluation

I want a guy who has head coaching experience, has shown he can build a winner and has shown he can develop a young QB.  He has done all of these things.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

He's a former NFL OC/QB coach with the Bucs who has college HC experience.  He's an OC at Georgia right now 

When he took over at Southern Miss as their head coach, they were coming off of an 0-12 season.  By his third year they were 9-5 before Tampa Bay brought him to the NFL.  With the Bucs, Jameis Winston improved statistically in almost every category three years in a row under Monken.

Now at Georgia he has the Bulldogs averaging 29.2 PPG and earning more rave reviews.

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/todd-monken-offense-evaluation

I want a guy who has head coaching experience, has shown he can build a winner and has shown he can develop a young QB.  He has done all of these things.

Actually here is the really scary part. He wouldn't be considered because:

Christopher Johnson wouldn't be able to admit he was wrong the last time