Is there where we post our weird watchlists?

I like to keep an eye on players we find from odd sources.  Like the guy @T0mShane took in the mock draft based on a single tweet.  Who was that guy?  How is he doing?  I tend to like looking under rocks.  That is where I found Jeff Smith, based on his TD to touch ratio.   

I noticed Tamorrion Terry watching him downfield block.  I was all happy with my discovery of this top tier prospect that was on everybody's radar.  Everything I read seemed golden until I watched saw that footage of him against Wake Forest in the WR thread. Yikes.  He is raw.  Still, he is a man and will be drafted and play in the NFL, but might be more Donte Moncrief than anything else.  He is big and looks like he will run well.  I wonder where he ends up going.

Some time ago I mentioned a WR I noticed trying to figure out what was going on with Ricky Town - the 5 star that transferred when Darnold came to town.  While checking out Ventura JC I stumbled onto Sam Flowers from Miami who had 10 TDs on 36 catches.  He transferred to Northern Colorado and was on my personal "watch list" for 2019, but didn't do much and is now a senior of indeterminate age with little chance of even making a camp.  

This year I stumbled across Kenderick Duncan Jr (#27!) a safety at Georgia Southern.  I first noticed him watching Etienne highlights.  Same secondary that produced Kindle Vidor a Bears 5th this year.  Duncan appeared to be on the only guy on his team that could tackle the guy.  Turns out he is 6'3" 225 lbs and supposedly not a liability in man.  Most of the draft boards don't even list him, but I saw one guy who claims Duncan will go on day 2.   It will be interesting to see what he runs.  

I figured I would post this here to track these guys.  You guys have any lower level prospects or guys that Kiper isn't going to be raving about that you are interested in?

• Upvote 2

I know some WR. trainers that work with draft prospects and high level nfl guys, every once in a while they talk to me about a few guys they really like.  

This year so far ive heard about

Mike Woods WR. from Arkansas.  

Jaelon Darden WR. from North Texas.

Spiller RB from Texas A&M (he's only a sophomore though). 

Woods ive seen some cut ups of his training sessions and his route running and footwork have gotten so much better this year.  He looks really good in and out of breaks so he could be someone to watch in later rounds. 

Darden has really excellent production, I believe 10 tds already this season, but he's smalllllll.  So we'll see where that goes with him, but again a good route runner who puts up numbers. 

Spiller cant come out but regardless he's looked good and is on the watch list for next year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 11/4/2020 at 5:48 PM, Beerfish said:

The little florida wr dude jif has been pumping is worth watching.   Kadarius Toney

I actually have gotten to watch a decent amount of florida this year trying to catch some Pitts film.  I really like Toney as of right now, great production and can do a little bit of everything which is a nice piece for a creative offensive play caller. 

Have to go back and do a deeper dive on his film to see route running and finer points.  he had a really nice game against Missouri where he scored running and catching.  

Usually I get onto guys who end up doing nothing special.  Last year, however, I noticed Antonio Gibson and really wanted him until WAS dropped a high 3rd to get him which was quite a bit higher than expected.  However, he seems to have way more than justified the pick.  So now I'm back on this train.

Still too early for me to have done much digging, but one guy that intrigues me is Daniel Faalele.  He's the biggest player in the NCAA at 6'9" 400 lbs.  What I'm debating is if it could be really good to have two mega-humans on each end of the line, or if it would be too much of a weakness against speed rushers.  Would love to hear others' thoughts on this. 

The biggest player in college football is just now learning how to dominate  - CBSSports.com

• Upvote 1

Love Toney.

I know safety is position we love to hate but Ar’darius Washington and Trevon Moehring at TCU are delightful players. I like Washington more since he’s got that TE stopping, in the box type look to him. Just good at everything. Moehring is more centerfielder in space guy. Both guys can turn the ball over and neither shies from contact. 

• Sympathy 1

• 2 months later...

Got a tip on a dude to watch early on from one of the trainers he's worked with.. I was intrigued because of his size, but he's put up some big numbers to go with it albeit at a small program. 

Zach Davidson listed at 6'7 245 (he looks a little thin), I'm not sure if Central Missouri played a season this year but in 2019 he had some numbers that make you take notice.   Namely 15 tds and a shade over 22 yds a reception.  When you look at some film online you see they move him around quite a bit over there.  They line him up split wide, as a traditional down TE, and in an Hback role.  They even gave him a few OZ carries. 

Also he doubles as a punter, so there is emergency value there. 

I'm not sure if he is graded any higher than a priority FA right now but definitely a name to keep an eye on for an offense that values good athletic TE's. 

• Upvote 3

also should note as ive had some time to watch more film on him today.  Davidson also fits the YAC model that this offense will be looking for.  While at 6'7 he definitely is a big redzone target and makes a bunch of deep receptions, he's also run some shorter routes and scampered around for YAC.  He moves impressively for a guy of his height.