Herndon being shopped

darook

Just now, munchmemory said:

Agreed.  How much would we kill for a healthy Dustin Keller?

I’d slaughter a small village

Frankly, I don’t even care about having a dynamic athlete at the position. Just give me a big target who can work the middle of the field and has reliable hands.

A guy like Charlie Kolar fits the bill and could be had in the 3rd/4th round.

• Haha 1

The sad part with Herndon is that you know he'll go somewhere and become a great te...part of the issue with these tight ends is like a kid playing outfield in little league when the pitcher is walking every kid he faces... three and out after three and out, with 2 running plays normally, he probably just checks out not expecting to get a throw

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

The sad part with Herndon is that you know he'll go somewhere and become a great te...part of the issue with these tight ends is like a kid playing outfield in little league when the pitcher is walking every kid he faces... three and out after three and out, with 2 running plays normally, he probably just checks out not expecting to get a throw

I doubt Herndon turns into a great TE regardless of where he goes. His issues are in between the ears. Don't know what happened after his rookie year. Maybe it was something during his trip to Colombia in the offseason. 

15 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I doubt Herndon turns into a great TE regardless of where he goes. His issues are in between the ears. Don't know what happened after his rookie year. Maybe it was something during his trip to Colombia in the offseason. 

al pacino drugs GIF

• Haha 2

This is why those rumors the past two days about "teams calling with interest" in guys like Herndon and Perriman were so ridiculous.  It wasn't other teams calling.  The Jets are the team who has interest.......interest in getting rid of them.  Nobody is offering anything for a TE who can't catch....or block.

• Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

I seriously doubt it

The guy had a decent stretch two years ago. Since then, he’s either done stupid sh*t to make himself not available and when he has been available, he’s been putrid.

There’s a better chance of him completely disappearing from the league than becoming a top TE.

1 minute ago, BroadwayRay said:

Trading him is stupid. Herndon has been emblematic of how the entire Jets season has gone this year. They should keep him as the team mascot.

Hey, you just gave me an idea.....remember what Rex did with the game ball after we got killed by the Pats the year we beat them in the Playoffs???

I don't see the point of trading him.  What's the upside?  He's signed for under a million next year, and we all agree Gase's system sucks at this point.  Look at Mike Gesicki improve.  I'm not saying Herndon will turn out reasonable, but I don't understand the need to kick him out when there is no real value, nor incentive.  In fact, as a bottom dweller team, we should be trying to FIND the Herndon's out there with low value in bad situations, and hope for a turnaround.  

14 minutes ago, win4ever said:

I don't see the point of trading him.  What's the upside?  He's signed for under a million next year, and we all agree Gase's system sucks at this point.  Look at Mike Gesicki improve.  I'm not saying Herndon will turn out reasonable, but I don't understand the need to kick him out when there is no real value, nor incentive.  In fact, as a bottom dweller team, we should be trying to FIND the Herndon's out there with low value in bad situations, and hope for a turnaround.  

Because you’re likely cutting him anyway.  You simply can’t keep putting a guy out there that can’t catch or when he does fumbles.  He shouldn’t be on the field at this point.

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Because you’re likely cutting him anyway.  You simply can’t keep putting a guy out there that can’t catch or when he does fumbles.  He shouldn’t be on the field at this point.

Why cut him?  He costs practically nothing.  He's young, and has potential.  Isn't that what we need to hoard so at least there's a chance he turns it around?

Age 23 Mike Gesicki in the Gase system:  22 receptions, 202 yards, 0 TD, 16 games.  

Age 24 Chris Herndon in the Gase system:  28 receptions, 202 yards, 0 TD, on pace for 16 games (Since he played in 8 games, just doubled his production from now)

Age 23 Gesicki:  PFF: 50.2

Age 24 Hernond:  PFF: 46.6

Look, I'm not saying I like Herndon at this point.  He's been an absolute loser this year.  But the entire team has been terrible.  I think we all agree that Gase seems to be an issue, so what's the point of selling low on Herndon, when we can get rid of Gase, and then see Herndon with a new coach.  We can't fix every hole with late round draft picks, so I'd rather see if Herndon can actually turn it around in a better system.