Herndon being shopped

darook

1 hour ago, frankiepapa said:

The sad part with Herndon is that you know he'll go somewhere and become a great te...part of the issue with these tight ends is like a kid playing outfield in little league when the pitcher is walking every kid he faces... three and out after three and out, with 2 running plays normally, he probably just checks out not expecting to get a throw

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

No he won't. He is terrible. Every tight end that has left us recently has gone on to greater things.. working at Stop & Shop or Duane Reade. They're all bums. All of them. I'd rather play a 40 year old, glued together knee having, Dustin Keller than any of the trash we have been forced to watch at tight end lately. 

12 minutes ago, pointman said:

No he won't. He is terrible. Every tight end that has left us recently has gone on to greater things.. working at Stop & Shop or Duane Reade. They're all bums. All of them. I'd rather play a 40 year old, glued together knee having, Dustin Keller than any of the trash we have been forced to watch at tight end lately. 

Kellen Winslow went on to masturbate in the parking lot of Target and sexually assault old ladies. 

he's doing hard time. 

14 hours ago, win4ever said:

Why cut him?  He costs practically nothing.  He's young, and has potential.  Isn't that what we need to hoard so at least there's a chance he turns it around?

Age 23 Mike Gesicki in the Gase system:  22 receptions, 202 yards, 0 TD, 16 games.  

Age 24 Chris Herndon in the Gase system:  28 receptions, 202 yards, 0 TD, on pace for 16 games (Since he played in 8 games, just doubled his production from now)

Age 23 Gesicki:  PFF: 50.2

Age 24 Hernond:  PFF: 46.6

Look, I'm not saying I like Herndon at this point.  He's been an absolute loser this year.  But the entire team has been terrible.  I think we all agree that Gase seems to be an issue, so what's the point of selling low on Herndon, when we can get rid of Gase, and then see Herndon with a new coach.  We can't fix every hole with late round draft picks, so I'd rather see if Herndon can actually turn it around in a better system.  

You cut him because he can't catch or block.  You can't keep putting someone out there, running routes - maybe getting open and dropping the ball.  

Other people need to play to see if they can catch.  Right now he's a net negative for this team - so let's see what else we have.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

With the lack of better WR's on this team why didn't braintrust Adam Gase not involve the TE's more in the passing game. 

Ryan Griffin had a decent year last season. 

Herndon was supposed to be good. 

Wesco and Brown JAG's 

The only position to get targeted on a regular basis in an Adam Gase offense is the slot receiver.   It’s the only position he tries to “scheme open”.   It’s such a flawed and inept scheme.   Denzel Mims’ development will be stunted just like Devante Parker’s was.  Can anyone explain how you don’t target Mims at all in the second half of the last two games?   

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The only position to get targeted on a regular basis in an Adam Gase offense is the slot receiver.   It’s the only position he tries to “scheme open”.   It’s such a flawed and inept scheme.   Denzel Mims’ development will be stunted just like Devante Parker’s was.  Can anyone explain how you don’t target Mims at all in the second half of the last two games?   

Handoffs to Frank Gore has to lead all plays. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I don't really disagree with this, but..,.  it doesn't explain why they aren't using Griffin more.  Why would he be worse this year than last?  I know he was slowed by the injury, but he had 40+ targets last year in 13 games.  He's been playing all year and only has 8.  What's up with that?  Is he just being covered because they have no receives? 

17 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't really disagree with this, but..,.  it doesn't explain why they aren't using Griffin more.  Why would he be worse this year than last?  I know he was slowed by the injury, but he had 40+ targets last year in 13 games.  He's been playing all year and only has 8.  What's up with that?  Is he just being covered because they have no receives? 

It seems they’re using the TE as blocker much more this year, neither Herndon or Griffin are out in routes all that much.  The only guys getting consistent targets are Crowder and Berrios.   

• Upvote 2

I know I will get a lot of hate for this but here goes.
I watch Herndon for years at the U and he was very good. As you all know the Hurricanes have developed the some of the best TE’s to come into the NFL.
So forgive me for believing that some how Herndon who was so promising his rookie year, suddenly lost all his talent and skills.
Now let me ask you all, if you think Gase has ruined Sam or at least caused his regression, is it not believable to think he as done the same to All the TE’s on this team.
Think about it, what has happened to Graham, and Wesco two other promising pieces to our offense.
Sadly it is my belief that trading away Herndon or the other two guys before we get rid of Gase could be a big mistake.
It’s really going to be so like the NY Jets to give away players who go to other teams and develop and blossom in to the players we thought they would be for us.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It seems they’re using the TE as blocker much more this year, neither Herndon or Griffin are out in routes all that much.  The only guys getting consistent targets are Crowder and Berrios.   

Wesco should be the TE, period. He is an animal blocker, and catches the ball the few times they throw to him.  Mims should get 8-10 targets/game at a minimum.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Wesco should be the TE, period. He is an animal blocker, and catches the ball the few times they throw to him.  Mims should get 8-10 targets/game at a minimum.

How bad is this team when we're promoting Wesco?  Nothing against your opinion.  But I look at Wesco and see a guy who should at best be on someone's practice squad.  A mile and a half away in terms of talent to any of the decent TEs.   I won't even mention him in the same breath as Gronk, Kittle, Ertz or Kelce who are the prototypes for success at the TE position.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

How bad is this team when we're promoting Wesco?  Nothing against your opinion.  But I look at Wesco and see a guy who should at best be on someone's practice squad.  A mile and a half away in terms of talent to any of the decent TEs.   I won't even mention him in the same breath as Gronk, Kittle, Ertz or Kelce who are the prototypes for success at the TE position.

He's not anywhere close to the guys you mentioned, but few are. My point is that on this team, right now, he is the best option we have. Is it sad? Of course,  but play the hand you're dealt. I don't know about anyone else, but I have seen enough of Griffin and Herndon dropping/fumbling everything that comes their way.

• Sympathy 1

51 minutes ago, section314 said:

He's not anywhere close to the guys you mentioned, but few are. My point is that on this team, right now, he is the best option we have. Is it sad? Of course,  but play the hand you're dealt. I don't know about anyone else, but I have seen enough of Griffin and Herndon dropping/fumbling everything that comes their way.

No doubt.  I get your point.