how long should trevor be given?

kmnj

so lets assume we get the number one and draft trevor our next new "franchise qb"

what is a reasonable amount of time to wait until he shows he is a legit number one franchise qb?

now clearly we dont know who his coach will be or what the roster will look like so lots of this is pure speculation

Folks say Joe has a 6  year plan and we need to be patient for a full rebuild.

People wrote off sam by year 3 with garbage as a coach and garbage as a roster in a tank year. 

Are  you willing to  give Trevor a 4-6 year window(that is what  it will take)  or are you going to bail after 2-3 years like folks are doing with sam?

My fear is we will ruin another qb or put him in a position to fail

• Thumb Down 5
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Complaining about players before they are even Jets. Nice.

who is complaining? I asked if fans will be patient with trevor -they have not been with sam

what will be different

do you remember suck for sam?

Well, Sam has played 32 games I believe. So we knew he was hot garbage by game.. what.. 27? He fooled us with all the injury time and 12 year old kissing illnesses. If he had played the full time we would have known sooner. I say Trevor gets 20 games by the sane parts of the fan base, and an unlimited amount by the delusional ones. 

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I love our team dearly but I almost cant wait until the moment this board realizes we DONT get Trevor. 

The salt that will flow on here will be ******* epic and I kind of want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

First time? I can help. 

What typically happens is we quickly pivot to the next available prospect, and then stare at the TV in disgust when the team goes in a different direction. But, then we talk ourselves into it being the right decision while trying to ignore the feeling in our stomach. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, kmnj said:

so lets assume we get the number one and draft trevor our next new "franchise qb"

what is a reasonable amount of time to wait until he shows he is a legit number one franchise qb?

now clearly we dont know who his coach will be or what the roster will look like so lots of this is pure speculation

People wrote off sam by year 3 with garbage as a coach and garbage as a roster in a tank year. 

Are  you willing to  give Trevor a 4-6 year window(that is what  it will take)  or are you going to bail after 2-3 years like folks are doing with sam?

If he plays as bad as Sam is right now that becomes a pretty easy answer. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, kmnj said:

u are asking a question about all of these questions? lol

it is a message board ....

Maybe you should start your own thread so you can condense all of your thoughts. 

To answer your question, how much time Trevor is given depends entirely on his individual play. Sam not having star WR's or the best O-line isn't making him miss the same deep passes that he has been missing the last 3 years. You want to know why I knew Robby would break out after leaving the Jets? Because at least once a game he would be open deep and Sam would flat out miss him. 

WR's and O-lIne aren't making Sam not see wide open WR's running across the field either. Our WR's and O-lIne aren't making Sam still throw bad passes off his back foot, across his body and straight to defenders. 

This team could be 0-8, Sam could be hitting WR's in stride left and right and have them flat out dropping passes and people would feel entirely different. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Second day of training camp.

Or maybe sooner.

Jets fans are not known for their patience ... emoji16.png

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

What the Hell are you talking about Jets fans are the most patient people on earth. The ones who lack patience are Titans or Chiefs fans by now.

I mean if this kid doesn’t win the Super Bowl after week 1, it’s time to shop him. Can’t wait too long for his trade value to decrease.

In all seriousness ,it’s a lot less about wins and losses the first few seasons with young QB’s, and more about how they look. If Sam was playing quality football but we were still 0-8, I think the majority of people would be saying that they’re just excited to get a good coach in here who could guide us on the winning path.

But Sam is stinking it up, sadly the majority of this is not his fault. But the end results are the same and it looks like it is time to move on. He never really solidified himself as the franchise player. He never elevated the people around him (regardless of how putrid the players and coaches have been here). He never had a signature win that he carried us to.

Is all of that too much to ask considering the circumstances and his age? I don’t think so. The barometer has been pretty reasonable from homer Jets land, and he has failed to match it.

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Second day of training camp.

Or maybe sooner.

Jets fans are not known for their patience ... emoji16.png

Eh.  Jets fans are simultaneously impatient AND overly patient.  Just think about how many years people defended Sanchez here?  And he still has people who defend him, or even celebrate his play here.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

Frankly, I'm ready to move on from Trevor already. 

• Haha 2