They Fired Bowles and now...

4 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Look they Fired Todd Bowels and the Jets were NEVER EVER this bad under his regime..................

NEVER!!!!!

Yup! I’m with you on that.....

As much as Bowles should have been shown the door at the end of the 2018 season Maccagnan was supposed to get kicked out first.....but as usual the Johnsons did one of those retarded half-measure moves they seem to like so much....even if you fire Maccagnan and keep Bowles another year we wouldn’t be this bad currently 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

I think AT BEST, JD thought this was a 6-8 win team and he didn't want to invest FA dollars into it with just a hope and a prayer. I think training camp and the first 4 games of the season showed that we weren't even close to that 6-8 mark and he just decided to tear the whole thing apart. 

Agree here

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I remember a time when people thought that firing Bowles was all that was needed to "fix" the Jets' problems.

Newsflash:  The next coach isn't "saving" us either.  Not until the roster gets from easily the worst in the league to at least middle of the pack.  

Period. End of story! 

Gase is still trash and needs to be launched into the sun right after the final whistle week 17 ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You can't honestly think the plan to win as many games as possible this year included letting Robby go, trading Adams and making zero big moves in free agency. 

The plan has clearly been to rebuild through the draft and if Mims/Perriman/Crowder/Bell/Herndon all stayed healthy and performed at or above expectations and Darnold was lighting it up they ride the wave to a 7-9 season and build around those players. Most of those guys couldn't stay healthy or underperformed so the next logical move was to tank. 

I am sure JD realized that tanking was a possibility heading into this year, but I also don't think he came into this year actively trying to tank. 

Regardless, I have no idea why some still want Gase fired before the end of the season. Who cares? He is suffering more by having to coach this trainwreck he helped create. 

This.

And I don't want some meaningless three game winning streak with a new coach. Some will say it's not possible with this roster. Oh it's definitely possible. And would harm the franchise more in the end.

And I think firing Gase now would be letting him off the hook. Make this guy suffer out till the end of the year.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Look they Fired Todd Bowels and the Jets were NEVER EVER this bad under his regime..................

NEVER!!!!!

The idea that the Jets this year were tanking is RIDCIULOUS!

If that was the case  and they thought Darnold was no good then they needed to trade him before the season! Not after this dumpster fire!

This idea being floated that JD had some mastermind plan of tanking for Lawrence is INSANITY!

So either JD is responsible for the lack in part of the talent around Darnold or he KNEW the team stunk and left Darnold out to be the sacrificial lamb!

IT CAN'T BE BOTH!

Which gets us back to Adam Gase...

Under all this nonsense, why is GASE STILL HERE?

This is a joke!

I don't think Douglas was tanking but I think he had a real wait and see approach. Makes no sense letting Robby walk if you felt good about this year. Gase has too much roster say, that needs to change.

I think when Covid was hitting the owners told Joe to be conservative $ wise. So they backed into the tank so to speak. 

The news isn't terrible though for 2021.

1. I love Sam but Gase is ruining him. So they will be drafting a new QB.

2. Fire Gase. Get a real offense in here.

3. Build through the draft with all those picks, including a 2nd rounder you get for Sam.

4. But bring in some solid free agent talent with all that cap room.

• Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

If  you are right and this is even remotely TRUE then does anyone think that Gase is coaching Donarld  so he can SUCCEED????

Uggggggggggggggg

Then the answer is Noooooo.......

Three things here:

1) I do not think JD was tanking. And even though, as a matter of plan he had moved on from Sam, he still wanted to win and wanted to get the best out of Darnold.  But he also knew he was putting out a substantially sub-par team - and his expectations weren't good.  He had to clean house in order to properly rebuild.  Darnold wasn't part of the rebuild plan.

2) If this worries you, the alternative is MUCH worse.  If my supposition isn't accurate that means JD honestly thought he was putting out a roster capable of winning.  That is a scary thought!

3) The plan is still to bring Gase back.  Everything is pointing to that.

11 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

If that is the case, the stadium will be emptier next year than it is this year.

I just don't see it. 

No it won't.  We'll likely have supposedly the best QB in a generation coming in.  And 2, possibly 3 other picks in the top 33.

Plus all the money spent in FA - 

They'll be excitement.